April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Style - Smoothing Milk

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pdelprado

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of thick wavy hair and this doesn't work for me one bit. This might be okay for someone with fine hair, but in my case it doesn't do anything when it comes to controlling frizzy hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by l0vebuzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted something really light that could smooth down my frizzy hair but this product only works for like 5 minutes! It smooths my hair for a while but it will start to frizz again once I'm outside in humid weather. The only thing I like about it is that it doesn't make my hair oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a summer must have! I love it! It's perfect. I have fine yet thick long straight hair and I usually cannot use a lot of product in my hair because it either weighs it down so much, makes it sticky, oily, tangly or all four. This product done none of those things. My hair only gets dry and frizzy like during summer towards the ends and I hate imperfections. I used this after washing my hair I let it air dry only for about 5 minutes and then put a dime size on my hands rubbed my hands together and then appiled towards the ends and then did that again to areas I missed. It makes my hair smooth, soft and tangle free! I don't know how people are having problems with stickiness or anything else they must be gooping it on their hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I hate Garnier Fructis products. They will ruin your hair with continued use, I know from experience. This product was no different. Didn't help with frizz at all & definitely didn't make my hair smoother. It didn't really do anything except cause extreme hair loss, just like all the other products from this line (including the shampoo/conditioner). I will never buy, let alone touch another Garnier product again. I do not reccommend anything from this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jossythebossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I've used it for some time now and still really like it. when I first bought it, I applied it while my hair was damp, then blow dryed it. with that method it kind of left a few pieces a little chunky, but not to bad. now I use it after I dry my hair right along with my coconut milk. and I like using it this way a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MSANGELMB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. It is ligghtweight and keeps your hair smooth and soft all day, You can apply it before blowdrying or after and use as a styling product that will hold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! I had a bottle but I finished it up. Then at Ulta, It was on sale for 2.99 so I got another bottle, So glad i did! It smoothes hair so well, and takes frizz away, It also smells amazing! I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Does absolutely nothing. Smells nice though..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by clarene2121

i love it! makes my hair shiny but it doesnt make it look oily! takes the frizz out! i would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should have learned my lesson about Garnier hair products when I was a teenager, but I didn't. I decided to give the brand another chance and pick this up a couple weeks before my vacation because my hair never cooperated with heat and humidity. Huge, huge mistake. Less than a week after I started using this I began to notice that my hair was falling out quite a bit in the shower. I didn't think much of it, assuming it just *seemed* like a lot of hair because I've been letting it grow out for 7 months now and I'm not used to having very long hair. I continued to use it throughout my vacation and when I came home last week I realized that my hair had indeed been thinning quite rapidly. As this was the only new/different product I'd added to my routine, I threw it out right away and immediately used my homemade hair conditioner (olive oil, avocado and honey) in hopes of repairing any damage done by the Garnier product. I also purchased a gentler shampoo and conditioner made for thin, damaged hair. While the dramatic hair loss seems to have subsided, my hair is now only about half as thick and full as it was before. It's also gone from being naturally curly to very loose waves. But the frizzies are still there.

Now I know most of you are probably thinking that I'm completely ridiculous and that this product couldn't possibly be at fault for what happened to my hair. And I would think the same thing...if I hadn't had an unfortunately similar experience in high school with the Garnier shampoo and conditioner. Luckily my aunt (who is a licensed cosmetologist) put a stop to my using Garnier products right away, before it could do too much damage. Unfortunately, this time I wasn't quite as aware and didn't stop using it until the damage had been done. Hopefully I can get my hair back to being thick and healthy like it was before. But I am absolutely certain that I will never ever use another Garnier product on my hair.