Desert Essence Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner

2.3

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice *, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin (Palm), Behentrimonium Chloride, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Leptospermum Petersonii Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract*, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract (Maca Root)*, Yucca Brevifolia Root Extract (Yucca Cactus)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey)*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract (Sea Kelp)*, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Water (Aqua) * Certified Organic

on 3/26/2014 7:12:00 AM

I have oily and course hair. I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for awhile and I've come to realize I don't like the conditioner. It makes my hair feel weird and it doesn't properly moisturize! The shampoo how ever is great I love that but this conditioner didnt do it for me.

on 3/9/2013 10:07:00 AM

This is my favourite conditioner of all time- natural or otherwise. For blonde hair, it is simply the best at bringing out highlights, and conditioning without leaving buildup or heaviness to your hair. If you have thick, course hair, it might not be the best. But if you have straight hair that is fine, this will work wonders. It is also completely safe, even for sensitive scalps, as it doesn't contain scary chemicals. I bought another natural lemon tea tree conditioner recently and it did nothing- so back to Desert Essence I go! I highly recommend!

on 3/10/2011 4:51:00 PM

I was recommended this product by a cosmetics salesperson at the hippie pharmacy. I told her that I was suffering from dandruff and she told me that tea tree oil should work. I didn't notice it helping my dandruff at all. I have dry, coarse, curly hair and it didn't leave my hair looking or feeling very good. Also- it smells like lemon-scented Pine Sol and made me vaguely nauseous.

on 11/4/2010 7:25:00 PM

I got this as a free sample and wanted to like it! I would have loved a tea-tree or olive-y slightly lemon/citrus scent, but this smelled like something I should be cleaning my bathtub with. The moisturizing effect wasn't too great, either. But overall, it's the smell that put me off!!

on 6/19/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Didn't seem to moisturize very much. Smells refreshing.

on 10/14/2008 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Unlike DE's fragrance free conditioner, which I love, I wasn't happy with the results of the lemon tea tree conditioner. I gave it a couple of stars because it didn't make my head itch (I am very sensitive to many ingredients), but it didn't make my hair look good either. It left it dry, really frizzy, and just plain yucky looking. I had planned to use it up on days when I wasn't going out, but it freaked out my hair so much, I used it once or twice and then swapped it away. It also left my hair kind of coated, so that the coconut oil I put on my hair couldn't penetrate, leaving my hair looking paradoxically dry and greasy at the same time. I'm glad others have had luck with it, but it did nothing for my dry, frizzy, curly, thick but lightweight hair.