September 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Conditioner - Desert Essence - Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by savanah2o

I have oily and course hair. I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for awhile and I've come to realize I don't like the conditioner. It makes my hair feel weird and it doesn't properly moisturize! The shampoo how ever is great I love that but this conditioner didnt do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MaiCecile

This is my favourite conditioner of all time- natural or otherwise. For blonde hair, it is simply the best at bringing out highlights, and conditioning without leaving buildup or heaviness to your hair. If you have thick, course hair, it might not be the best. But if you have straight hair that is fine, this will work wonders. It is also completely safe, even for sensitive scalps, as it doesn't contain scary chemicals. I bought another natural lemon tea tree conditioner recently and it did nothing- so back to Desert Essence I go! I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I was recommended this product by a cosmetics salesperson at the hippie pharmacy. I told her that I was suffering from dandruff and she told me that tea tree oil should work. I didn't notice it helping my dandruff at all. I have dry, coarse, curly hair and it didn't leave my hair looking or feeling very good. Also- it smells like lemon-scented Pine Sol and made me vaguely nauseous.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cjofphilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample and wanted to like it! I would have loved a tea-tree or olive-y slightly lemon/citrus scent, but this smelled like something I should be cleaning my bathtub with. The moisturizing effect wasn't too great, either. But overall, it's the smell that put me off!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Didn't seem to moisturize very much. Smells refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike DE's fragrance free conditioner, which I love, I wasn't happy with the results of the lemon tea tree conditioner. I gave it a couple of stars because it didn't make my head itch (I am very sensitive to many ingredients), but it didn't make my hair look good either. It left it dry, really frizzy, and just plain yucky looking. I had planned to use it up on days when I wasn't going out, but it freaked out my hair so much, I used it once or twice and then swapped it away. It also left my hair kind of coated, so that the coconut oil I put on my hair couldn't penetrate, leaving my hair looking paradoxically dry and greasy at the same time. I'm glad others have had luck with it, but it did nothing for my dry, frizzy, curly, thick but lightweight hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I looove using this conditioner! It really detangles better than many silicone-laden products. It is perfect for my color treated hair, leaving it soft without weighing it down. It claims to be for oily hair but I find that its great just as a balancing conditioner. I was skeptical about using this at first because it mentioned that it contains natural "clarifying" ingredients but I ran it through the hair board and they said that the ingredients were safe for color treated hair. This is the only DE conditioner that I really like and highly recommend it!