July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ren - Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MargoEliz

I first got a sample from Sephora and fell in love with it. I feel there are very few products that even with one use you can tell a difference but this is def one of them. This is the best exfoliator I have ever used, I would even go as far as to say it's better than micro. Your skin will glow. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by bluemonday88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this mask twice now and will continue to use it as part of my arsenal for acne prone skin. Although it does not necessarily prevent big flare ups - which are usually down to lifestyle choices for me - it really does help heal bigger spots and is great for the aftermath of a break out. Generally I don't get major break outs, just really easily clogged pores. This definitely helps to reduce the amount of clogs, even just using it religiously once a week. I see that there are lots of people saying to use it 2-3 times a week which I may start doing, just been scared of aggravating my skin. As far as chemical exfoliators go this has got to be the best one I've ever tried and is the only one that comes close to a professional glycolic peel. The only time it stings is when you have an active break out and it will only sting in those spots which is just proof it is working. I'd also use this over a manual exfoliator any day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I filmed how both mask (Radical Instant Revitalizing Mask and the other one by REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask) works on my skin in my video and The Ren mask wins. This coat $55 and contains one oz. The texture is very sticky similar to grape jelly and it smells very nice and fruity. The Ren mask does lighten my acne scars and makes my skin noticeably brighter. Check out my video if you want to see the demo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am quite disappointed with this product, considering how much it cost ($66CND + HST at Sephora). I have not used many AHA-based products on my acne-prone skin, so I thought I would start with a somewhat gentler product and this had good reviews and was accessible. I apply 2 pumps to give a thin layer on my face, neck, and chest once a week after showering. The poster below who compared the product to marmalade was spot-on - this mask has an unusual and not unpleasant gel texture and smells like citrus.

It's true, this has not caused any irritation for me, even applied to my more sensitive neck and left on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes. I do not feel any burning, but I do feel some gentle flushing where I've applied the mask, and it does not leave me with any redness on removal. I'm only using this once per week, but I seem to be going through it very quickly, much faster than my other face masks, of which I use similar amounts. The bag-within-a-tube packaging is very cool and hygienic, but it also looks like you're getting more product than you actually are.

After using this product consistently for a month, I have noticed just about zero change in the condition of my skin. I was not expecting dramatic results, but I thought that some of my post-acne scarring might have lightened (I do wear a high-PPD sunblock daily) and my skin texture might have evened out somewhat, but no such luck. My skin feels a little softer after using this mask, but that is not enough for me to justify repurchasing. I see better results from a homemade yogurt mask, and considering the minimal results and considerable expense of this mask, I would not recommend this mask to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this mask. The texture is rather off-putting - very sticky and slightly jelly-like - a little like spreading pineapple jam on your face. It's quite tingly on application, and leaves my not particularly sensitive skin rather red, but has only mild exfoliating properties. I look mildly glowy afterwards, but overall the product just feels a bit too bracing to give a nice pampering experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a sample accompanying a Sephora purchase. I checked the Ren website to see if this was a vegan product. It is (it's not listed as part of their non-vegan products). So I tried this mask. First it has the color of a clear orange gel. It's very thick, it felt a little strange putting something so thick and gooey on my face. The results were tingling beyond what is comfortable and dry skin. This is why I do not recommend this product. Other than that it did nothing for my oily acneic skin, it irritated it some. The smell was a nice citrus scent however.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I love this mask! Brightens the skin and the Alpha Hydroxy Acids really helped smooth my skin and helped heal any acne.
It feels a little weird putting it on, it feels like honey and doesn't dry. My boyfriend calls me "grease face" when its on because I look so sticky...
The only reason I would not buy this again is that I have graduated to using a higher concentration of glycolic acid treatments with better results. - and the price is a bit steep.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by xazzie

This didn't do anything for me. After some research on the REN site, I learned that this mask has only 6.5% glycolic acid. I don't think that's enough for my heavily exfoliated, acne-prone skin. For context: I use Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads, which have a 20% complex of glycolic and many other acids, every other night for 45 minutes or more without irritation. This REN mask is just too weak for my skin type.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this also has the consistency of thin orange marmalade and smells like it, too. I couldn't help but thinking that I was feeding my skin sugar instead of helping it renew cells. Not a clean feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This peel mask didn't wow me. It has a sweet tacky smell of jam, similar texture too. It stings upon application and doesn't give dramatically different results. No adverse effects, despite the slight initial discomfort. It's similar to Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant. Gentle for sensitive skin but forgettably meh. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very gentle. It's pretty thick so it stays put on your face while you wait. Mine came with a little cloth to help remove the mask when it's time to wash it off. The scent reminds me of fruit roll-ups.

The results are not dramatic - almost imperceptible! For the price I feel like the outcome is not worth the money. I'll use up the tube, but I won't repurchase.