Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

4.1

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 7/5/2015 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have only used this a few times, so I will update later. I first tried it for ten minutes, and noticed no real difference and no tingling (my skin is pretty resilient). Afterwards I left it on for around 30 minutes instead, I felt an ever slight tingling sensation and my face looked brighter but nothing else. However, the next morning I woke up and found that my face looked exceptionally bright, so much so that it didn't match my body. Then it dawned on me that this had exfoliated my skin, and removed the tan I had from a recent holiday. My skin also looked more even, a large blemish went down significantly, it was smoother and some of the flesh coloured bumps (clogged pores?) I had virtually disappeared. In short, this does exactly what it's supposed to do: it exfoliates extremely well without being harsh or irritating on the skin.

on 4/5/2015 11:17:00 AM

I really wanted this product to work as there are such good reviews of it and its quite pricey. However my skin felt really uncomfortable each time I applied it (stinging and itching), and it was quite unbearable having it on. My skin is usually quite tolerant of chemical exfoliants so I'm not sure what ingredient I'm sensitive to. Anyway, after washing it off, I didn't notice any discernible effects or that my skin was any smoother. Stopped using it for a while, and when I was just thinking of giving it another try, realized that it has expired! Only has a 9 months shelf life and I barely used it.

For the longest time, I have had these weird bumps on my face which were only visible with foundation. I was cleansing twice a day, using a toner and a moisturiser followed by a mask and scrub exfoliation once a week. I could never suss out what the cause of these bumps were having tried everything under the sun!

I then went into SpaceNK and the sales assistant began to try on the foundation i requested to try on (NARS All Day Weightless Luminous Foundation). The lady went on to tell me these bumps were making my makeup sit badly on my skin, and I told her about the fact that I couldn't conclude what was causing the bumps.

She began to direct me to the skincare within the store, and she told me that it is a build up dead skin cells. Also, that scrub exfoliation was way too abrasive hence why the texture of my skin was rough. I knew at this point she was not just trying to make a quick sale, as she walked me through the benefits of the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask.

This product is truly a life saver, and it is the reason why my skin is radiant, bright and bump free! I can assure you that I am not just giving this product 5/5 for the sake of it. I only review products I either love or hate to let my fellow skincare/makeup fanatics my own opinion.

It is expensive so of course be wise go in-store see it for yourself. it is also REN which is a very trusted skincare company as there products are 100% natural not to mention smell delicious!

on 1/30/2015 6:40:00 PM

This is a very popular peeling mask out there and rightfully so. It's not the fake peeling masks that comes dime a dozen out there, and worth the money. I never had slight tingling or burning, and it's gentle enough for sensitive skin. You will be shocked after using as directed, WITH THE WHITE CLOTH! I will always rebuy until something better comes along.

I been using this for a year now and I am almost out of it. I use it a few times a month. I definitely will repurchase this since this does a great job at brightening my skin. It's expensive but it works.

I filmed how both mask (Radical Instant Revitalizing Mask and REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask) works on my skin in my video and The Ren mask wins. This coat $55 and contains one oz. The texture is very sticky similar to grape jelly and it smells very nice and fruity. The Ren mask does lighten my acne scars and makes my skin noticeably brighter. Check out my video if you want to see the results.

on 1/19/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is just an okay product. It doesn't list the concentration of AHA in it, but I've seen other people comment that it's around 6%. Given that I use PC AHA 8% every few days, the Ren seems a bit unnecessary.

Another downside is the fragrance which I imagine could be irritating for people (luckily it does not irritate my sensitive skin).

Although I shouldn't like this product, I kinda do. I actually like the consistency and do notice a bit of a glow after I apply it. I got talked into buying a full bottle at Sephora several months ago so I use it, because it's in the medicine cabinet, but don't think it does a lot. I don't find it drying, nor has it caused irritation. I like the ritual of applying a mask every week or two, but overall it's a meh product. I won't repurchase, particularly given the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this mask since 11/2013. For my use, I consider this an exfoliating mask that gives me a temporary brightening effect. As others describe, it has an orange/marmalade gel consistency with a citrus scent. Sometimes I feel a tingle, sometimes I don't - I think that has more to do with the state of my skin then the mask. I initially tested this mask and left it on 15-20 minutes, but I nowI tend to leave this mask on between 30 minutes to an hour as I feel I get better results that way. My skin tolerates it well whether I'm in a normal/spot free/combination skin phase or an oil-slick/acneic or dry/sensitive/acneic phase. I try to use it once a week at least. I apply it after my single morning cleanse or after a night-time double cleanse. Once I rinse off the mask, I'll apply a hydrating mist, followed by serum and/or oil, and lastly a moisturizer as a final step if I'm feeling my skin is dehydrated. I would certainly buy again.

on 12/22/2014 10:13:00 PM

Ok I feel like a have to chime in because this product is poorly formulated and can only contribute to skin damage. Natural does not always mean better for your skin citrus oil Is prevalent in this product as well as other essential oils that are known irritants. You might as well rub an orange/lemon on your face you would get the same effect slight burning which makes you think like it's doing something,
That something is called irritation. If you would like and awesome aha exfoliant I've been using olay regenerist night resurfacing treatment and it actually does what this product claims. Apply it overnight and in the morning all the dead skin from your face is gone. I've suffered from acne since I was 15 and this product rocks. My skin is very lazy and this does wonders at keeping things calm and clear. You do not need to spend this kind of money on quality skincare. You can even check eBay for this product I usually find it for $12-$14 dollars.

on 11/1/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty amazing. I like using it the night before a big day and it really makes my skin glow. I cleanser my face, slather this on for 10 minutes (don't forget your neck), and rinse off gently with warm water. I head to bed and wake up with the most dewy looking skin that needs less foundation to look fabulous. Highly recommend this mask. Definitely one of the best out there.

I stumbled upon a natural, organic salon looking for suggestions on where to get a facial. The owner was on site, and her complexion flawless. She said one must repeatedly do treatments at home to maintain a wonderful outcome, and introduced me to REN Glycolactic. I LOVE it! The treatment goes on like a thick, sort of goopy citrus jelly. Smells great, and feels refreshing. I leave mine on between 30- 35 minutes, though you can drop it to even 10 minutes for sensitive skin. My dark splotches lightened with two uses, I felt immediate improvement of overall skin texture immediately, and my glow was to die for! I use it twice/ week, and my pre-treatment is the REN Micro Scrub Exfoliator, while the follow-up is the REN Radiance Perfection Serum. My skin has never looked better...

Popular Treatments (Face)