July 24, 2014 | 1772 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ren - Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I filmed how both mask (Radical Instant Revitalizing Mask and the other one by REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask) works on my skin in my video and The Ren mask wins. This coat $55 and contains one oz. The texture is very sticky similar to grape jelly and it smells very nice and fruity. The Ren mask does lighten my acne scars and makes my skin noticeably brighter. Check out my video if you want to see the demo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am quite disappointed with this product, considering how much it cost ($66CND + HST at Sephora). I have not used many AHA-based products on my acne-prone skin, so I thought I would start with a somewhat gentler product and this had good reviews and was accessible. I apply 2 pumps to give a thin layer on my face, neck, and chest once a week after showering. The poster below who compared the product to marmalade was spot-on - this mask has an unusual and not unpleasant gel texture and smells like citrus.

It's true, this has not caused any irritation for me, even applied to my more sensitive neck and left on for longer than the recommended 10 minutes. I do not feel any burning, but I do feel some gentle flushing where I've applied the mask, and it does not leave me with any redness on removal. I'm only using this once per week, but I seem to be going through it very quickly, much faster than my other face masks, of which I use similar amounts. The bag-within-a-tube packaging is very cool and hygienic, but it also looks like you're getting more product than you actually are.

After using this product consistently for a month, I have noticed just about zero change in the condition of my skin. I was not expecting dramatic results, but I thought that some of my post-acne scarring might have lightened (I do wear a high-PPD sunblock daily) and my skin texture might have evened out somewhat, but no such luck. My skin feels a little softer after using this mask, but that is not enough for me to justify repurchasing. I see better results from a homemade yogurt mask, and considering the minimal results and considerable expense of this mask, I would not recommend this mask to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this mask. The texture is rather off-putting - very sticky and slightly jelly-like - a little like spreading pineapple jam on your face. It's quite tingly on application, and leaves my not particularly sensitive skin rather red, but has only mild exfoliating properties. I look mildly glowy afterwards, but overall the product just feels a bit too bracing to give a nice pampering experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a sample accompanying a Sephora purchase. I checked the Ren website to see if this was a vegan product. It is (it's not listed as part of their non-vegan products). So I tried this mask. First it has the color of a clear orange gel. It's very thick, it felt a little strange putting something so thick and gooey on my face. The results were tingling beyond what is comfortable and dry skin. This is why I do not recommend this product. Other than that it did nothing for my oily acneic skin, it irritated it some. The smell was a nice citrus scent however.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I love this mask! Brightens the skin and the Alpha Hydroxy Acids really helped smooth my skin and helped heal any acne.
It feels a little weird putting it on, it feels like honey and doesn't dry. My boyfriend calls me "grease face" when its on because I look so sticky...
The only reason I would not buy this again is that I have graduated to using a higher concentration of glycolic acid treatments with better results. - and the price is a bit steep.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by xazzie

This didn't do anything for me. After some research on the REN site, I learned that this mask has only 6.5% glycolic acid. I don't think that's enough for my heavily exfoliated, acne-prone skin. For context: I use Peter Thomas Roth's Unwrinkle Peel Pads, which have a 20% complex of glycolic and many other acids, every other night for 45 minutes or more without irritation. This REN mask is just too weak for my skin type.

As mentioned in previous reviews, this also has the consistency of thin orange marmalade and smells like it, too. I couldn't help but thinking that I was feeding my skin sugar instead of helping it renew cells. Not a clean feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This peel mask didn't wow me. It has a sweet tacky smell of jam, similar texture too. It stings upon application and doesn't give dramatically different results. No adverse effects, despite the slight initial discomfort. It's similar to Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant. Gentle for sensitive skin but forgettably meh. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hambo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very gentle. It's pretty thick so it stays put on your face while you wait. Mine came with a little cloth to help remove the mask when it's time to wash it off. The scent reminds me of fruit roll-ups.

The results are not dramatic - almost imperceptible! For the price I feel like the outcome is not worth the money. I'll use up the tube, but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite masks at the moment. Leaves my skin clarified, smooth and bright after every use. I use it only once a week and my skin looks amazing. No break-outs, just love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Revenue

This is one of the biggest dissapointments when it comes to cosmetic products.
I had such a high expectations from this product because it was praised literally everywhere, and I really don't get the hype.
This product does literally NOTHING! Sometimes I even leave it on my face for more than 30 minutes (and it says on the box that you should let it work for 10 minutes) and still nothing happens. It doesn't unclog pores, it doesn't make your wrinkles less visible or your skin more radiant...literally nothing happens after use of this! But hey, at least it didn't do any harm to my skin either.
I also hate the texture of this - it's like a caramel, very sticky and it takes ages to rinse it off your face.
Packaging is nice and practical, but the muslin cloth you recieve with this is a joke, it's literally just a small piece of gauze.
There's only one thing that I like about this product and it's the smell - it has really refreshing tropical fruit scent, you can really smell all the natural ingredients inside.
But I want my products to work, not just to smell good, so overall - this is the worst mask I ever had (and the most expensive one at the same time).