April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Primer/ Corrector - RMK - Make up Base

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is subtle and completely transparent. I generally use it either under powder makeup, or foundation, or just sunscreen with a light brush of powder on nose and forehead, for outdoor days.

It does allow powder or foundation to be applied more easily, with no streakiness. I am older (66) and yet still have a slightly oily T area. This seems to help a bot without being noticeable or causing breakouts ( yes, folks, it can still happen) it is feather light. I think I am going to give their slightly heavier version a try ( the creamy polished base).

Sometimes it is very hard to pinpoint what is is you like (or the reverse). For me the test is - 6 months later, are you still using it - or has it been sitting there untouched after the fiorst week. Most makeu[p products end up as trash. They sit for a year or more before I admit I wasted my money. This - I use every day. And - despite the glass bottle, it goes with me. I like the glass -- it doens't give off any chemicals, by the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by katexiee

Light and comfortable texture that moisturizes well and sinks in fast. Holds makeup well and produces even more amazing results when paired with the RMK liquid foundation. Although I like that it comes in a glass jar, I share the common gripe of many in that I would have preferred a pump rather than having to pour it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

My favourite makeup base ever! My foundation stays on all day when I wear this! Though I'd prefer it came with a pump instead of having to pour it out each time I wanna use it.. the price is comparable in the market, there are many othrs ridiculously priced makeup base out there.. Highly recommended !!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by petrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased my second jar of HG RMK cream foundation and 2nd bottle of Chanel whitening make-up base.I was also given some samples of the RMK make-up base.I always find channel whitening make up base is the best to go with my RMK foundation esp with its whitening effect,while a bit sceptical on RMK make-up base since is just a mere translucent watery based type.To my suprise,when I tried on this RMK make-up base,it makes my skin so fresh,dewy and smooth when I apply my foundation.Best thing of all is that this dewy and natural smooth effect lasts vy long without smudge.

When I went to hair salon and dye my hair,my forehead was wet and powder was washed away,but to my suprise no obvious colour difference between my forehead and my other part of face with my powder intact (RMK cream foundation 201).

Also,when i applied it with my other non-fav colour foundations,aim to finish it asap from samples given like laura mercier,shisheido,they look much better on my face compared to what i usually put on with my chanel whitening base.The gem of this RMK make-up base is that it wont dry your skin and keep your skin dewy & fresh with whatever foundation you put on for long hours.There is real difference when I put on shisheido macquline whitening make-up base which seems drier and not as fresh and dewy like RMK base.

I think is time to switch from my HG Chanel to RMK make-up base bottle once is finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely makeup base that is best suited for normal to dry skins (preferably for dry skins) because of its moisturising texture. I like to use this before I apply my RMK liquid / creamy foundation and my foundation always glides on smoothly and lasts a very long time.

Some people have complaint that this primer makes their skin oilier, cause their makeup to slide off during mid day and emphasize their pores. I have never had that problem so far. What I can say is that oily skins should stay away from this primer because it will make your face look oily and shiny, instead try their Creamy makeup base which has a mattifying effect and helps to control oil. On me, this foundation is excellent in covering my pores and helps prep my skin with a silky smooth base.

It comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle with a screw cap lid although I would have much preferred it if it came with a pump. You have to be extra careful when pouring the contents out as you can pour out too much due to the big opening. I usually just tilt it slightly and pour a small amount onto the palm of my hands and just spread it on my face with my fingers.

This product contains no spf and is silicone based although it doesn't feel silicone-y like some primers that I have tried in the past (eg Lancome la base pro). I have dry, clog prone and very sensitive skin and so far this primer has not caused me any problems. In fact I find that it moisturises my skin very well and leaves a dewy finish.

My only gripe about this product is that it is pretty expensive as with all RMK products (about 45USD) but in this case I believe you do get what you pay for. I have already repurchased my 2nd bottle and will keep on repurchasing until they stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by yenners123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this base. It's translucent and basically does what it says on the tin. It creates a good base for the skin before foundation goes on. I find that my foundation glides on smoothly when I use this base. Would buy again.

Note, it doesn't cover up my pores though. I think I need a thicker product for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

i had the green makeup base and it's absolutely crap. this one comes out pink and watery. it brightens the face but seriously this is not a must-have product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Description :
A light liquid-type makeup base that is quickly absorbed, and covers the skin finely and evenly to create soft smooth skin. This foundation is applies evenly and provides a fresh, natural, long-lasting finish. For all skin types.

Price: $53 from Isetan Scotts

Review: I got a sample of this makeup base, together with the liquid foundation, from a magazine I bought last month. Finally got down to trying it a couple of days ago. Truth be told, I was quite skeptic of it cos Iíve never believed in makeup bases. To me, a good sunblock would be sufficient. Boy was I wrong!

RMKís makeup base helps to smoothen the skin, creating a silky base perfect for foundation. Texture is a little too runny - I was taken by surprise when the makeup base POURED out from the sachet, I thought it was going to be a cream like texture. A little is enough to go around the whole face. Coupled with RMKís liquid foundation, my face was fresh and dewy from 12pm to 9pm. I didnít even have to blot!

Should I ever finish my stash of sunblocks, Iíll be sure to get this makeup base!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by weirdlady

This make up base make my skin so smooth. As what were told, can use at the eye area. I use together with their foundation and it make me feel like i m not wearing any makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, it feels light and comfortable. It should be good for oilier skin, right? Wrong. It doesn't control oil at all. If it cannot control oil, it cannot keep makeup on your face. By afternoon my foundation just melts into every pore on my face. Terrible. Not recommended for oily/combination skin people.