December 21, 2014 | 914 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Inexpensive and good in a pinch for people with darker brown brows. If you are a natual redhead/strawberry blond or true blond with fair/light brows - this won't work. Not a HG but for me (light skin, dark hair) works fine and cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason that I say that this is ok is because I do my brows the same way everytime...which includes wax, pencil, maybe a powder, then cleaning with a concealer thats exactly my skin color, then gel...every single day this is my brow routine...so its an okay products bc of MY routine...as a stand alone brow pencil...it is not all that great. I love the shape of the packaging...but the pencil itself is not long wearing at all...if not set with powder and gel it will rub off. I test my brow products by being able to stay put through an advanced yoga class, or the gym...if they can stay on through either of those activities then I think its a win! this...hit or miss...I will use it up because I have an unopened one that I still need to use...but I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely ADORE this eyebrow pencil! I've been using it continually and no other eyebrow pencil can compete with the easy application, smooth colour, and good price! It's good for both beginners and experts! Of course, make sure you blend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it just remember to blend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this at least a dozen times. I love the Anastasia brow pencil but don't like how expensive it is. I think this brow pencil is amazing for the price. The longevity is ok, but for this product to last all day on me, I find that it helps if I fill my brows with the pencil when they are bone-dry (before I apply any moisturizer, bb cream, etc. on my face), then go over my brows with a dark brown eyeshadow to set it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Goes on smoothly but doesn't last very long on the eye. I mainly use this on errand days/gym days when I don't want to waste my Anastasia and it'll be coming off anyway with sweat. Since it does glide on smoothly, it doesn't take long to get a decent brow. Just don't wear it to a concert or a marathon and you'll be good. And take an extra one in your purse for touch ups if you are wearing it anywhere you care about.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by peachiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went from the tart brow pencil to the sephora brand to now this one and I have to say, I like this one the best. They all seem to break at the tip intermittently but this one doesn't dry up and drag as much as the other two. It stays on all day and it's pretty good at gliding on smoothly. The color (blonde) blends well into my brows (pale skin/dirty blonde hair)
It's not perfect but it's better and less expensive than the others I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Literally just went out and bought this product yesterday. The brow pencil that i'm currently using is from Marcelle, but it's wayyyyyy too dark for my brows, even with a light hand.

So I bought this on a referral from a friend of mine who is a total beauty savant. I just can't afford to go to Sephora and get something really expensive so I asked her about drug store brow pencils and which were best, she said this one or the Brow Fantasy from Revlon. Well I got this one, since I didn't think I really needed the gel and everything that comes with the Revlon one, (my brow hair gets trimmed pretty regularly).

This morning was my first time using this brow pencil and wow! I'm really quite impressed! I got the dark blonde shade since I have red hair (I thought the other shades would be too dark). First I fill in my brows a bit with some rusty coloured eyeshadow just to match the auburn in my hair, and then I went over them with this pencil, just to darken them up a little bit and make them more natural, and holy geeze. This pencil works perfectly. I only twisted up as much pencil as I needed, and was very light handed with it. It went on evenly and smoothly. My brows don't even look like they've been filled. I am so glad I bought this little miracle worker. Thanks Maybelline! I'll keep using this for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not bad for a drugstore brow pencil. My brows are on the sparse side toward the center of my face, but fade to non-existent toward the outer ends, probably thanks to over-enthusiastic tweezing in my teens, and pretty oily skin. I favor a fuller, natural looking brow and like the definition and versatility of a pencil. Most pencils are either too waxy (unnatural looking and melts right off my face) or too firm to get any pigment on my skin. This falls somewhere in the middle on a good day, and the color is spot-on (Dark Blonde is a coolish taupe that looks very natural with my asian coloring) which is why I've been using it for the past five+ years or so after my chanel pencil was discontinued in the US.

BUT --
1. It's not consistently good. All products are to some extent dependent on temperature, humidity, storage, what you put on your skin beforehand, etc. However, this seems a little too susceptible to external factors, and I can't seem to get a handle on what the ideal conditions would be. On a good day, I get a natural look that isn't too harsh; the pencil is soft enough to trace out a pale arch and hard enough to define with short, individual-hair strokes. Other days, it leaves me looking like groucho marx or the mona lisa. Not a happy start to the day.

2. Like many other reviewers, I've recently (in the past couple of years) noticed some major quality control issues with this product. I stock up on these when they're on sale (bc they're often sold out in my color), and sometimes I'll come across one that breaks way too easily or has too much of some ingredient that throws off the texture/performance. One was utterly unusable, crumbling at the lightest touch.

I'm still using it (keep your receipts) for lack of something better, but I'm definitely on the hunt.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by reaganyouthh

this pencil would have been pretty good if a. the tip didn't break CONSTANTLY and b. it lasted me more than 4 days. there just isn't a lot of product inside, and i feel like it's exacerbated by the constant breakage.

packaging sucks, you're always either twisting up too much or too little to work with and it's hard to dispense. only good points are the fine tip and comb.

it did its job well, and the color looked natural, but not worth the hassle. my search for a hg brow product continues.