September 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Alhambra

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lillicannon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There are two shades of gold: the left one is very slightly rose, and the right one is very slightly warm peach gold. I use the left one on my inner corners and brow bone, and the right one over my lids and crease for a very natural daytime look. Like all the best Nars eye shadows, I can apply this with my fingers, which I love. No fallout, no obvious glitter particles. It does skew warm, and I have warm, very fair skin, so I cannot vouch for it on the cool-toned. If you do have cool skin, perhaps use the rose gold all over and the right shade only in the crease? It's really a great duo, and I use it every single morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My friend helped me pick this up for 30% off while she was out of town, which really helped with the price. Considering these are around $40+tax in Canada, I'd take it.

So this duo is the newest to my collection, and out of all 3, I find that I somehow reach for it the least. I think that's just due to personal preference, as I've never been big on warm colors on my eyes. (I am NC20 (Winter) 25 (summer).

The gold side is an amazing warm tone that isn't as brash as Urban Decay's Half Baked, but still packs a lovely golden tone all over the lid. I find this flattering for my skintone and I just have dark brown eyes, but I could see this enhancing many eye colors.

The pink side is the lesser favourite of the pair, however I still like using this for a more subtle hint of sheen on my lids. It blends into my skintone more than i'd like, but I do layer this on the inner corners for a more sheeny highlight sometimes.

As I always say for Nars eyeshadows, out of the ones I choose, I can't say more for their texture, and blendability. Some are more pigmented than others, but this is why I prefer to swatch and buy in person rather than online.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by vionnalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colors in the pan are BEAUTIFUL.

BUT. I am NC 30 and this looks like white eyeshadow on my lids.

Both the champagne and pink shade look like frosty patches of nothingness

on me... and I need a LOT of product to make this show up on my lids.

This would be fabulous for fairer/darker skin people, but if you have

yellow undertones/an olive complexion like me, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU

BUT IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL GAH

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2

Alhambra I was included in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set (purchased in April 2013). According the ingredients list, NARS has started using triclosan in its shadows. Given the other options available, it's not clear why this would be necessary. I will not be repurchasing.

Alhambra (I): Talc, dimethicone, alumina, silica, zinc stearate, cetearyl isononanoate, stearoxy dimethicone, cetyl acetate, acetylated lanolin alcohol, isopropyl lanolate, bha, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by utopiachild71

This is my first NARS duo. The price is initially what made me hesitant but there's so much product that it's worth it. The formula is silky, buttery, and not chalky at all. I usually prefer matte over shimmery shadows but this is the exception. The shimmer is very subtle and natural. On the mornings that I didn't sleep well and need to perk up my eyes, this is the shadow I reach for to brighten up my eyes. The first shade is a rose gold, the second is a gold shade that is difficult to describe but very wearable. I highly recommend this if you have blue eyes, it really brings them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently found this duo in my drawer and realised it had been a while since I had worn it , being a makeup addict and in particular a huge nars fan I am always buying the latest colours. I put this duo on and wow oh my goodness why had this been sitting in my drawer! I had forgotten how beautiful this duo was , if your eyes are green or hazel then this makes then this is a must it really brings out the green.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best duo ever! I had no time for eye shadows until I bought this! I use it everyday without fail, it just goes with everything! I've now bought about 20 Nars singles and duos but this is still my favourite. The sales assistant at Mecca told me their is the best selling duo from Nars and I'm not surprised at all. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I feel like I'm constantly saying that products are my favorite. However, I have to say that Alhambra is one amazing duo. The champagne color is very beautiful and natural. The shimmer is pretty subtle. The pink color is also nice. The lasting power is amazing. This stuff does not crease. I've never had a shadow last so long before.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good duo. It brighten my eyes immediately. Its very easy to put on eye lids. Just use fingers! Its good for a base or daily wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this eyeshadow duo! This was the first NARS duo that I purchased, and I have since then purchased countless more. The quality of these shadows are top-notch. 500000000x better than other brands that I have tried. Alhambra contains two very neutral colors, both with gold tones. This is my go-to duo, and it never fails me. Love!