October 24, 2014 | 1454 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried. I purchased Soft Ochre when my go-to Painterly was sold out one time.

Soft Ochre Paint Pot is a warm-toned creme-finished nude cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. It's very opaque and easily blanks out any discolouration on the eyelid, giving your eye shadows a smoother and more even appearance. Given its warm tone, Soft Ochre would be great for neutralising purple-toned discolouration on the eyelid.

Personally I prefer Painterly because I'm cool toned, but this works just as well so I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase if Painterly was out of stock again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so sad I waited so long before trying this. For reference, I have very oily eyelids and without a proper primer, my shadows crease very quickly. I've been using Wet N Wild, Milani or UDPP (transfered to a jar to dry it up a bit) with success to prevent creasing but wanted something to help even out my lids, help shadows grab on and make them more vibrant. This product delivered on all 3! I do still put a thin layer of regular primer underneath and then follow with a thin layer of this. By thin I mean I'm literally only tapping my ring finger into this and then tapping it onto my lid. It works so beautifully at making my shadows pop, preventing fall out from glittery shadows and last all day. I have tried to get the same effect with the following: Maybelline Color Tattoos, Laura Merciers eye canvas, UDPP in Eden, Clinique Touch Base, various jumbo pencils (NYX, Annabelle, Milani) and MAC Paint in Bare Canvas and NOTHING works as well as this product. I am converted and will use this everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by hans5

This stuff is amazing. Better than any eyeshadow primer I've ever used, including Urban Decay's primer potion. Evens out skin tone on the lids and keeps you're eyeshadow as perfect as when you applied it, for well over 12 hours. FLAWLESS stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Ire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hm..tried it, and returned. much better than UD for my oily eyelids, but after 3 hours the eyeshadow (and I'm using MUFE matte shadows that are super pigmented) was gone. Returned it. It's not bad if you don't have oily lids, but if you do...the eyeshadow won't last. With the matte eyeshadows the color faded; with the pearly ones it creased.
(Tried it for a week) It's pricey but has a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by xokatana

Reading some reviews I just wanted to say that if you're having issues using this as an eye shadow primer this product is meant to be worn as a base NOT a primer. You can use UD primer potion or two faced shadow insurance as a primer and THEN use this as a BASE. By doing that one step you will be able to have a much easier time with the application process and prevent potential dryness along with any other problems you may be experiencing. I do love this color, however, I prefer painterly because I find the formula to be more moisturizing. For reference when I used to use MAC foundation I wore NC20 and I wear MAC's light plus mineralize skin finish powder. The painterly never showed up too pink on my skin even if I used it as a primer for my eyebrows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by debbiedebbiey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it ! Just creates a great canvas- very neutralizing - this & painterly= Love!
Lasts all day- es stays true to color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As always, the presentation of this product is amazing. MAC just has a trez chic look and feel to their products that screams class.

This product feels creamy when swatched, but dries very quickly once out of the pot. Due to this I find it a little difficult to distribute evenly and flattly across the lid. It feels slightly cakey when it is on, and I find is very heavy on the lid.

HOWEVER!

It does work wonderfully as an eye primer. I found it eased the blendabilty of my shadows and truly did even out the colour of my lids. It did not crease and prolonged the life of my shadows.

Now for my real downfall :-( I had to return this product after two uses because it left the skin on my eyelids red and scaley - kind of like eczema, but I don't get eczema and I don't have sensitive skin. I am guessing it was an allergy, as MAC products are known to activate a lot of allergies with would-be MAC lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by itsglamourose

I stopped using an eyeshadow primer after I got this one! I put this all over my lid before putting any eyeshadow, its great with any type of eyeshadow, cream, pigments or powders. It really makes the eyeshadow last longer and more vibrant! I got mine during the warehouse sale so I only paid $12 for a bottle which will definitely last for a very long time! This is so colose to my skintone that it really works perfectly as a primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I finally decided to buy this. Let me tell you.
This stuff is magic as an eyeshadow base. It made my eyeshadow last throughout the entire day, and I was sweating and it was really hot throughout the entire day. The only part of my makeup that didn't budge was my eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This must be used with a primer. It will not last without a primer for more than 4 hours. Having said that, I really like this to even out any discolouration and for a nice cut crease look. Painterly is too pinky and soft ochre is just nice for my skin tone. You can also modify the use by only applying it between your crease and brow bone (for crease colours to show) and use a heavy colour on the lid itself. For this purpose, Soft Ochre is perfect. I cant imagine me finishing this quickly though (likely to take years)- should have bought samples so it wont dry out.