September 30, 2014 | 1163 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design in Couture Intense

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I received a Color Design Sensational Effects E/S quad as a gift with purchase about a year ago. I have another quad similar to this but it's tucked away somewhere so I'm not sure if it's identical but I hope it is because I love the shades in this pallette. I've hit pan on the shimmery shade called Vue--I had been using it on my lids but it started making them look too "crepey" in the inner corners. I need to stick to mostly matte shades on my eyes, especially for daytime. I have rather large eyelids--the lower part under the crease--so I can wear darker shades without making my eyes look too small. I love the quality of this Lancome E/S so much that I decided to try a different shade in place of my beloved Vue and the dark brown, creamy Couture shade makes my blue eyes pop. Couture gives my face a sophisticated look when paired with brown (Smashbox Limitless Java) liner on my rims and black mascara. I've gotten the best result by applying Couture only on my lower lids and no other eye shadow on my lids. I normally would use black when creating this type of smoky look but brown is less intense and gives me a polished look. I received so many compliments from relatives at Thanksgiving. I will be looking for a single in this shade so that I will never run out of this beautiful color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this as a liner– it't really intense (duh!) and pigmented, but it looks more natural than black so i can wear it during the day. It especially works well if you use it wet, but smudging it on with and angled brush or small smudge brush looks great. It's one of the two Lancome shadows I use religiously :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by WretchedRevenge

This color came in a quad pallette I got from my mom. I love this color but the only reason I wouldn't buy again is because of the price and the color isn't worth the money to me. I think it's an awesome eye shadow just not for my features.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

I love this as a crease colour for a neutral look, or as a liner. Its buildable, so you can have as much a darker or lighter crease/eyeliner as you wish to.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by jennandjuice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This matte, densely-pigmented eyeshadow is the savior of my brows. My brows are thick, but not necessarily full; certain other dark-haired girls will know what I say when they are dark, but ever so slightly sparse so they cast a slight greyish-brown without brow pencil or powder. In other words, the shape of my brows is great, they just need work in the pigment department. This eyeshadow, with my tiny angled EcoTools brush, does the trick. I color in the arch and the tail first, and use the brush vertically to deposit the leftover powder on the thicker inside of my brow. Finish it with brow gel, and perfect every time. Just dark and warm enough to look natural and complement my fair, freckled, yellow-toned complexion. I am ashamed to admit I've never used it as an actual eyeshadow, but I need SO LITTLE to do my brows that I'm afraid to waste it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by seccoo

wow~~~~~~~so beautifull color as dream as well
LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I always forget how good Lancome shadows are. This is a very versatile brown that can be used in the crease, all over or as a liner. Like many Lancome colors, it appears boring at first, but you will find yourself using it over and over. It is very buildable and the staying power is amazing, as with Lancome in general--I go through a full 10 or 12 hour day with these with no primer and it doesn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

This is the -perfect- brown for filling in my brows! (dark Asian brows with thick hairs). It also doubles up as a fantastic liner when wet. Great pigmentation, multiple uses. Love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

This is the only eyeshadow that i love in the GWP palette that this came in. It is very intense, and pigmented, and goes on super smooth. I love using this to fill in my brows, for my crease, and as a liner. =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice matte brown shade for the crease, its not darkly bold brown, but its a nice dark brown, very sophisticated