November 20, 2014 | 2022 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - Herbal Essences Set Me Up Hairspray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I would say that this hairspray gives average hold- not super strong hold like the packaging states (then again, after you've tried Glued by Got2Be, nothing seems like strong hold!). I picked this up because it was on sale; because I generally like the Herbal Essences line of products ; and I wanted to have a lighter to average hold hairspray on hand- sometimes I just don't want the heavy hold that the Glued provides. This works very nicely as a lighter hold hairspray that doesn't make hair look or feel stiff, sticky, or dry. This hairspray's biggest plus is how nice it smells and how long lasting the smell is! The first day I used this, all day long I was wondering why I smelled so nice. I was trying to remember which body lotion I had used, etc. Eventually I realized it was the hairspray. Even at bedtime I could still smell it a little. It's not overpowering, just a lovely fresh and fruity smell. Almost like a perfume for the hair! I recommend this as a lighter to average hold hairspray that has a fabulous fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by fellameow123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good hairspray for the price, but on the back it says it can "maybe hold it through a hurricane" which no, of course isn't true. It holds it for about 4 hours a day. I normally do the tease backcomb style with my hair so I really need a good strong. I bought this for about $3 at no frills. Price is excellent. I bought the lavender scent because I am sensitive to scent when it comes to hairspray and hair products.

Overall its good product but doesn't hold as well as I like. Recommended if you are just looking for an average hold or light hold.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I like this better as a finishing spray for a hairstyle that doesn't really need hold. It doesn't feel crunchy or anything, but it is pretty matte. I don't want matte hair, I want shiny hair. This stuff is very flexible, I can run my fingers through it, it smells great, but as a hairspray its a no go for me. If I did buy it again it would only be for a light finishing spray NOT a hairspray. I'll stick to my Elnett.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this spray. Most hairsprays make me gag from their scent but this one is awesome. It holds okay but gives my hair a matte finish I don't like. Makes it feel drier than it is. But it's cheap and it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by apaolone04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i got this a while ago and even tho its like not the best HG hairspray out there its perfect for me. i like my hair to stay soft and brushable but i like my bangs to stay in place (swoosh form) and i use this every morn and its just good for me. again not the HG but will do, have repurchased

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sundaypancakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good hairspray, but nothing spectacular that will make me want to repurchase. It smells pretty good, and lasts throughout the day. My curls hold up well with this hairspray, but you have to be careful not to use too much, cause it does get stiff. I love the packaging as well, very practical, but i prefer aerosol cans. That's really about it... its performance is average, and I generally don't have a big preference for hairspray, but nothing special about this hairspray will make me repurchase it. Worth a try, tho! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I quite like this hairspray but definately not my HG [I found my HG in Got2B Smooth operator]. To begin with, this stuff smells good for a normal hairspray. And it does have flexible hold. Def not something too strong but does the job. However, this doesnot keep down frizz which i wasnot happy with. So wont repurchase. however, for the price it is worth it. Check out my reviews on other hairsprays and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :]

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kjs82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is not great. I have straight, flat hair that tends to look oily if I put the wrong product in it. The hold is so-so at best, and it left my hair feeling sticky and looking greasy and dull. The smell is nicer than other hairsprays I've tried. Overall, it's very underwhelming and I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

An okay product.It smells really good like most herbal essence stuff.cheap.But it didn't really hold down my frizz:(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I have the spray bottle version (not the aerosol) and I really love it! I don't like aerosol hairsprays as I find you waste more product and get it everywhere BUT on your hair!
Anyways, this doesn't give the greatest hold, for a girl like me that just wants a bit of hold to keep things in place, it works nicely. It smells like alcohol when you first spray it, but after it dries, it gives nice floral scent. I've gotten many compliments on the scent of my hair when I spray this in it!