The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Honey, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Avena Strigose Seed Extract, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sadly trying this product only made my skin look more oily rather than moisturised and blended with my skin. Luckily I've found a product Biocorrex I've been using for my dry skin, and it does the trick, really makes my skin feel moisturised without feeling oily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely adore this product.

I use it in the mornings before my moisturizer, and it works wonders. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, it's super easy to use and a little bit goes a long way. I only need one little pump for my whole face, it goes on easily and dries quickly, without drying out my face.
Oh, and the scent is very understated and pleasant.

Absolutely would repurchase!

on 5/19/2015 3:25:00 PM

I actually quite like this. I'm not going to re-buy it because it's not hydrating enough for me. I'm going to go back to using my Arbonne Calm serum after this. It's light, almost scent free, sinks into your skin and dries almost immediately. Great serum to wear under makeup if you have oily/combination skin. My skin is still a bit dry from the winter, so this doesn't have enough hydration. Perhaps in late summer, I may purchase this to use when the season gets warmer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a very dry, dehydrated skin, and this really helped keeping it moisturized!

I apply a small quantity every morning under my moisturizer, and a little goes a long way. A pump is enough for my whole face, let's say a pea size amount. The packaging is also very easy to use, thanks to the little pump there's no "danger" of spilling.

It does have a lot of parabens, which I'm personally not really that concerned about, but if you are, then it might not be the product for you. It also has quite a lot of fragrance, which for me wasn't a problem, even though I tend to get rashes if I use something with too much perfume.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, but I didn't break me out at all.

It's a very good serum in my opinion, at least it worked really well for me, and I am sure I will be buying this again, right after I'll try out the serum in the Nutriganics range.

on 12/29/2014 3:45:00 AM

After reading glowing reviews on the BS website about this product, I thought I'd give it a go.

It was great for the first 4 days, no change to my skin so thought it would become a permanent fixture in my daily routine but then I started noticing white heads and red, sore under the skin bumps. Every morning my skin was getting greasier and this was the only product that I had changed.

I'm finishing it up on the backs of my hands as it seems to suit dry skin but as my face is combination, it just aggravates the original issues.

I'll go back to No7 Intense Serum because although more expensive, seems to suit my skin with no reactions at all after 8 months of use!!

on 11/21/2014 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This broke me out and made my face very oily. It smells nice and feels good going on, but I prefer a clear face and that's not gonna happen with this product.

on 10/10/2014 5:45:00 PM

I just bought this serum for fun and when I was out of my face cream then I just put this serum on and then my make up on too. I really like it cuz even without my usual moisturizer I felt that my face was hydrated all say just with the serum. I have dry skin and for this to keep it well moisturizer all day I really like it

on 8/28/2014 6:27:00 AM

Unlike the day and night creams in this range - both of which my skin didn't agree with in the slightest - this has actually been a pretty good serum so far. I have combination skin (oily on the t-zone, drier on the cheeks) so I'm not overly concerned with hydrating my skin. However, even with combination skin like mine, it's still important to moisturise and I'm always on the lookout for a good all-round serum to use in combination with my regular moisturiser.

This is a very pleasant, lightweight serum that applies very easily and sinks into the skin pretty quickly. I find I only need one full pump to cover my whole face, which means the 30ml bottle has lasted me well over a month already even when it using twice a day. The pump bottle is easy to use too and dispenses just the right amount of product, meaning it's less inclined to wastage.

The only downsides to this are the scent and the ingredients. It has a very heavy aroma to me, which I find off-putting in products you apply directly to the facial area. I prefer my face products to be fragrance free. As for the ingredients, it's a l-o-n-g list, 5 of which are parabens. With the increasing demand for natural products you would have thought TBS would be moving away from these more outdated ingredients by now, but apparently not. And it's for these two reasons that I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/25/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was given a generous free sample of this product when I purchased the Vitamin E Cleanser (which I am also loving). I have seriously dry skin and have used a Mt Everus sized mountain of products trying to combat it. NOTHING has worked, from $100 serums to Coconut oil I have found nothing, except this. I really was suprised at how this made my skin feel. I use it at night without moisturiser and in the morning wake up to glowing hydrated skin. My skin is no longer stretched, tight or dry but feels plump and youthful. It doesn't break me out either which I found with other oils (Argan, coconut). Great product and will keep repurchasing.

on 3/23/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps my dry skin moisturized in the winter! I don't have extremely dry skin but it did start to feel tight and uncomfortable. I use this daily under my moisturizer and makeup and I no longer have that tight dry feeling. I also bought the night cream but it made me break out so I just use this with my regular olay cream. I will repurchase next winter.

Popular Treatments (Face)