September 17, 2014 | 1821 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ped Egg

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again if I lost it. It is great for smoothing my calluses, which can get pretty bad. I have been using this for a few years and have never cut myself with the Ped Egg, as I did with a blade type callus remover. Packaging is cute and the price is fair for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

This is a great product. I use this right after my shower (only once a week) to grate off the dead skin and then use the emery file (attached) to smooth down the skin. Follow with a good moisturizer, and my feet are sandal-ready. Wouldn't be without this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the second tool I've purchased to remove calluses on my feet. The first was nothing special, I can't even remember the brand - it was thin and metal, and the actual abrasive part was very fine, and it had a long handle, which was awkward to use. While it improved the appearance on my skin, the results were minor and nothing to write home about.
I finally purchased the Ped Egg, just the plain white and blue one. There is definitely a difference. After 5 minutes on my moderately callused feet, my skin already looked the least callused they've been since I was a kid. I was actually concerned about breaking the skin and bleeding, because of how much callus I was getting rid of. I definitely recommend using a good moisturizer afterwards. I used Uremol cream with 20% urea, which is great stuff.
On to the cons: while the egg does trap shavings, it doesn't catch everything - I still got a fair bit of skin flakes around the area where I was using it. So it would be wise to do this on top of a towel or over the bathtub to avoid gross results. This would be a five lippie review if I could really use it wherever. Also, it's quite difficult to remove the file from the rest of the case to throw out the shavings, although that's probably for the best so that it doesn't come off accidentally and dump the culled skin all over the place.
Bottom line: this is the first callus-removal product (tool or lotion) I've tried where I'm actually anticipating having lastingly smooth feet if I keep up the regular use. Great product. Don't mess around with the unreviewed or lower rated products if you really want dramatic results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Easy to use and highly effective for scrubbing off rough, stubborn callouses. And safe too. But it works best when the blades are sharp and new, they do tend to get dull rather quickly and need to be replaced more often than I'd like- one lippie off for that. Also it's very important to sand down the area after scrubbing to make it smooth or your feet will end up a rough mess. (The Ped Egg has a sticker with emery board-like material on the flat side of the case for this step.)
The scraped-off dead skin gets captured inside the Egg and it's easy to pop off the blade and empty it out. And I'm always surprised how much is in there when I'm finished. Leaves my feet soft & smooth.
Great little product- recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great if your feet aren't too bad, but I run 15-20 miles a week so this wasn't enough for me. I've switched to tweezermans callus shaver and I don't have to sit there sanding my heels forever anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

Life saver for feet. I always feel smaller when I have used this! My main problem area on my feet are the sides of my big toes (I get a build up of hard skin that looks like a bulge...yuk!) and the balls of my feet rather than my heels. I use this every week and the bulge is gone until it builds up again. I always lay a newspaper on the floor as I find the egg does not capture most of the dead skin. I follow up with Weleda Skin Food and you have baby soft feet. I then use a less moisturising cream the rest of the week. It is a cheap looking contraption but it works. I buy replacement blades and like other reviewers I have found the quality has demised which is annoying. But there is still no other competition. I would be beyond distraught if I could not use this. My feet would become hobbit like and would never be on show.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I develop very thick callouses on my feet at an alarming rate. I'm always trying to chip away at them. So when a coworker raved about the Ped Egg, I decided to give it a try. It did NOTHING for me, except to produce shredded rough skin. It didn't make a dent. I tried it wet, I tried it dry, I tried it several times then finally just threw it away. What a piece of useless junk!
I recommend a razor tool- the ones specifically made for callous removal. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the callouses and then use- dead calloused skin will come off in smooth thin strips! The Ped Egg doesn't hold the tiniest candle to razor removal.
Edit: The callous razor tool is specifically designed for callous removal- don't use just any razor blade! Also care must be taken- too easy to cut yourself if you're not careful. Definitely not for someone with diabetes or clotting disorders!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this thing I loved it, But I noticed the the two times I have bought it since the quality has gotten so bad that the blades were to dull do do ANYTHING. I have switched to the tweezerman callus shaver which is awesome. This is a waste of your money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works really well. I love this thing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I love my ped egg! I don't have extremely calloused feet, but my heels are a little rough, and after seeing infomercials for this over and over again, I finally gave in and bought it.
I've used the large emery boards for feet which made a small difference, but the results never lasted long. I was kind of scared to use this, because as others have pointed put, it looks like a cheese grater. I thought I would hurt myself. It doesn't hurt or feel strange. It feels like a smooth emery board.
It works so well! It gets rids of calluses and dry skin so easily. The dry skin stays away for a while too. I use it every 2 weeks to touch up.
Use this and then apply vaseline to your feet, then put on cotton socks. when you wake up the next morning your feet will be baby soft!
It's not expensive at all and it lasts for a while. I've had mine for a year and it's in perfect condition. I like that you can empty it out so easily. Everyone should give this a try. If it gets too dull, then I would definitely replace it.