Ped Egg

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used the Original PedEgg for years & was always a fan; I recently purchased the PedEgg Power & it has saved my feet! I have the white & blue one, which is called a PedEgg Power w/ Smoothing Attachment. The other option, the blue & silver one, is called a Deluxe PedEgg Power w/ 6 Attachments. The product is an electric foot file with a handle that removes calluses easier & more conveniently than the Original since it's cordless & electric.

While I don't have calluses or cracked heels, I have dry & dead skin since I wear "slippahs" (sandals or flip flops) or heels year-round. I used to be genuinely embarrassed by the way my feet looked because dry skin & dead skin is literally what made my feet look dirty. I use the blue Nano Abrasion roller first, & then I'll use the purple smoothing roller (Smoothing Head) before getting in the bath or shower. The blue roller is coarse & wears down the dead or rough skin. That attachment is gentle & buffs away the dry skin painlessly. The purple roller is simply for additional smoothing & isn't necessary in my opinion since I have my own foot care routine after I use this.

The PedEgg power honestly didn't work how I expected it to, but it is effective overall & that's what matters to me. I have only two complaints: the batteries die quickly, & my roller wore down faster than I thought it would. This is a really useful machine… I just don't think has enough power to run the rollers or attachments. This product uses two AA batteries. The batteries will last you a little while, but it doesn't really "go." It'll remove dry, damaged, & callused skin easily—not quickly. It works, just not "in seconds" like it claims. If I apply pressure to my heels, the automatic is suddenly a manual because it stops spinning. Even though it runs on batteries & spins 2,000 a minute, it is a tool I have to use carefully. I'm patient though since my feet are always exposed & I want them to be taken care of. I'm a fan even though it's not powerful since it's better than an embarrassing pedicure appointment.

on 5/21/2015 10:06:00 AM

I bought this 6 years ago to treat my calloused heels which were painful. My feet were like new after the first use! It scraped away all the hard, dry skin and since then it's the only thing I use to groom my feet.

on 2/2/2015 7:57:00 PM

As I'm writing this review in have my hubby doing my heels and this thing is freaking amazing. I PURCHASED THE BATTERY OPERATED pedegg and this thing is wOrth the money. My husband bought it for himself and I really didn't think it would do much,boy was I wrong.

on 9/27/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Immediate results! I tried this for the first time today after fears of "grating" my feet. It's nothing like I thought. It gently scrubbed off my very thick dry skin and callouses (haven't had a pedi for a very long time). Was definitely worth buying!

on 7/4/2014 7:12:00 AM

I would definitely buy this again if I lost it. It is great for smoothing my calluses, which can get pretty bad. I have been using this for a few years and have never cut myself with the Ped Egg, as I did with a blade type callus remover. Packaging is cute and the price is fair for what you get.

on 6/24/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great product. I use this right after my shower (only once a week) to grate off the dead skin and then use the emery file (attached) to smooth down the skin. Follow with a good moisturizer, and my feet are sandal-ready. Wouldn't be without this!

on 12/15/2013 10:48:00 PM

This is the second tool I've purchased to remove calluses on my feet. The first was nothing special, I can't even remember the brand - it was thin and metal, and the actual abrasive part was very fine, and it had a long handle, which was awkward to use. While it improved the appearance on my skin, the results were minor and nothing to write home about.
I finally purchased the Ped Egg, just the plain white and blue one. There is definitely a difference. After 5 minutes on my moderately callused feet, my skin already looked the least callused they've been since I was a kid. I was actually concerned about breaking the skin and bleeding, because of how much callus I was getting rid of. I definitely recommend using a good moisturizer afterwards. I used Uremol cream with 20% urea, which is great stuff.
On to the cons: while the egg does trap shavings, it doesn't catch everything - I still got a fair bit of skin flakes around the area where I was using it. So it would be wise to do this on top of a towel or over the bathtub to avoid gross results. This would be a five lippie review if I could really use it wherever. Also, it's quite difficult to remove the file from the rest of the case to throw out the shavings, although that's probably for the best so that it doesn't come off accidentally and dump the culled skin all over the place.
Bottom line: this is the first callus-removal product (tool or lotion) I've tried where I'm actually anticipating having lastingly smooth feet if I keep up the regular use. Great product. Don't mess around with the unreviewed or lower rated products if you really want dramatic results.

on 9/26/2013 8:51:00 AM

Easy to use and highly effective for scrubbing off rough, stubborn callouses. And safe too. But it works best when the blades are sharp and new, they do tend to get dull rather quickly and need to be replaced more often than I'd like- one lippie off for that. Also it's very important to sand down the area after scrubbing to make it smooth or your feet will end up a rough mess. (The Ped Egg has a sticker with emery board-like material on the flat side of the case for this step.)
The scraped-off dead skin gets captured inside the Egg and it's easy to pop off the blade and empty it out. And I'm always surprised how much is in there when I'm finished. Leaves my feet soft & smooth.
Great little product- recommended!

on 7/17/2013 2:07:00 PM

This is great if your feet aren't too bad, but I run 15-20 miles a week so this wasn't enough for me. I've switched to tweezermans callus shaver and I don't have to sit there sanding my heels forever anymore.

on 7/4/2013 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Life saver for feet. I always feel smaller when I have used this! My main problem area on my feet are the sides of my big toes (I get a build up of hard skin that looks like a bulge...yuk!) and the balls of my feet rather than my heels. I use this every week and the bulge is gone until it builds up again. I always lay a newspaper on the floor as I find the egg does not capture most of the dead skin. I follow up with Weleda Skin Food and you have baby soft feet. I then use a less moisturising cream the rest of the week. It is a cheap looking contraption but it works. I buy replacement blades and like other reviewers I have found the quality has demised which is annoying. But there is still no other competition. I would be beyond distraught if I could not use this. My feet would become hobbit like and would never be on show.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools