October 30, 2014 | 1748 users online

Blush - MAC - House Wine pro blusher

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased House Wine today at the Pro Store.I will say this is a plumy deep wine color (hence the name) I do like it, you will have to blend very well with this blush, it gives a very nice flush of rosiness to your cheeks, like you are polished air brushed, finished look.I really like it.I'm an NW35-40 and its suited for my skin tone just right, thank you Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by blackeyedgirl

If heavily pigmented blush scares you, step away from this product! It requires a very light hand and a 187 brush. Whenever I use a different brush to apply it, I have to spend a further ten minutes buffing it in to avoid looking like a clown. It has a matte finish and is a deep burgundy, redder and much less muted than the website swatch suggests.

The shade is flattering on my NC42/C5 skintone. It is a bit too bright for light skintones but if you are of a similar or deeper complexion and find some of MAC's standard range too subdued, do look at the range of pro blushers. They look stunning on darker skin and are as pigmented as Shu or NARS.

This retails for 14 in the UK (vs 16 for Shu and 18.50 for NARS) and is available from MAC Pro stores only. A definite repurchase for me (if it ever runs out!) as the colour payoff makes it well worth the money.