Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 4/19/2015 11:59:00 AM

The best powder! I have oily skin so I need powder. But I don't want it to look like i'm wearing powder. This brand is the most translucent and light I have found. Only negative is the packaging. They should eliminate the bottom slide away compartment and just add more product.

on 3/29/2015 7:16:00 PM

really like this product! doesn't look to dry or mask-like. best yet? it doesn't change color when i get a little oily. i'm using the natural ivory which looks a bit pink in the packaging but is a great neutral when i put it on. it also doesn't crease too badly.

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Tricky to apply, but does give med. coverage. By the end of the day it settled funny in wrinkles & on pimples. I would not recommend this.

on 11/4/2014 6:55:00 PM

I had this in my drawer in Natural Ivory 02 for some time. After trying Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation and not wanting talc in my face powder, I dug this out. For the life of me I can't recall why I had stopped using it. I tried it twice this week actually using the sponge that comes with it and it worked great! Gave me a matte finish without looking cakey, powdery or settling into lines. Way superior to the Too Faced for a third the price. I looked up the ingredients and low and behold no talc! I hate a made-up look which I got with Too Faced but Neutrogena looked much more natural. I think it must be the talc that gives the artificial powdery look. I used this over exfoliated moisturized skin then added blush and concealer on some spots. Coverage was light to moderate. I find that if I put concealer on first then the powder rubs it off and I have to reapply anyway, making it too thick. Anyway for a talc free product I would say this is a good deal. I ordered new brushes so I will try it with a brush but am actually ok with the sponge included. Wish I could return the Too Faced.

on 10/10/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The natural ivory is a perfect match for my skin. I am fair, but not extremely fair like my 2 "kids" are (ages 22 and almost 21). Natural ivory is the second to the lightest shade. It covers very well, especially over the Neutrogena natural ivory long wear liquid foundation. A great combination for blue under-eye circles is Almay Smart Shade concealer in light medium applied over glycerin and/or sunblock (or moisturizer...whichever you use) and then applying Neutrogena mineral powder foundation. If you have really stubborn under-eye circles like I have, you may also want to apply your favorite cream cover stick directly and only on the worst "half-moon" blue portion before setting with this foundation powder. I use the fair e.l.f. concealer pencil for my "half-moons." I have found this mineral foundation to be the best color match, very natural-looking, and not overly expensive.

I generally like liquid foundations, but read that this was good for acne prone skin, so decided to give it a try. Honestly, it didn't do much for me. Buffed it on with a kabuki brush but even a couple of layers didn't really help cover redness or blemishes and actually accentuated the fine lines I've developed around my eyes from years of sun protection ignorance. It did help control my oily t-zone. I think this would look nice with something on underneath it. I wouldn't use this as a foundation, but it could work as a setting powder for me.

on 7/9/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed! It was $7 on sale at ulta. I was breaking out so much and noticed my face aging after using Revlon Colorstay for years. So I thought because this is Neutrogena I probably won't have any problems. The coverage was great for covering my acne scars and minimalizing my pores. My only problem is the shade range. The darkest shade is still too light for my latina/filipina skin tone.

on 6/30/2014 12:59:00 PM

This foundation is ok for people who need minimal coverage. I find that it does not make my oily skin look dewy like with other liquid foundations throughout the day, and is not very long lasting. I actually just use it to set my liquid foundation because it is not very long lasting and actually makes the oils on my face look 10x worse

on 6/25/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I bought this on a whim because I really needed a powder foundation that was affordable and budget friendly, as opposed to my usual MAC studio fix powder foundation.

My usual experiences with neutrogena have always been pleasant, plus this powder foundation is mineral, with it being talc free,fragrance free, paraben free,etc.
I noticed it said sheer on it, however I decided to give it a try anyway.

The packaging is very nice actually. For a drug store product it's very sturdy and you can tell it's not so cheap as other brand packaging. The mirror in the compact is great, and the sponge applicator too! However, I use my MAC sponge applicator with it and I find it works even better.

First, before all the application, I put on my usual day moisturizer, my ELF primer (which is great, wrote a review on it btw) and some pimple cream is needed.
Then I apply the make up.

The coverage is amazing. Even if it says sheer, it's light to medium coverage but you can definitely build it up WITHOUT it being Cakey or heavy. Trust me. I built up the coverage today. And it looks even smoother than MAC studio fix. If you need more coverage, I'd recommend putting concealer on the areas that need it. Like under eye circles, blemishes, etc. Then just pat the powder foundation on!

On certain areas that need more coverage on top of the concealer, just dab the powder foundation on repeatedly. I can say it works because I did all of this today. Haha.

With this product I really don't need foundation. Today, I'm only wearing this powder and I honestly look and feel even better! No more foundation for me.

I put my make up on early in the morning today, and it's still fresh till now! It is now 6:00 pm. It feels so light. Like my skin is actually breathing, compared to how I feel with studio fix on. My color is an NC 30, and with neutrogena powder foundation my color is natural ivory. Which matches perfectly. The price is okay, I can't complain since it offers good performance and is a heck of a lot cheaper than MAC.

I will definitely repurchase this again!

on 5/29/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder on the market. Perfect. HG!