October 23, 2014 | 1844 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinoren Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I don't have a lot of HG products but this is a must-have for me since my father first introduced me to it. I had a lot of break- outs in my late 20s but this helped clear my skin up a lot. The trick is to use it as an overnight treatment, in a very thin layer, then let dry and follow up with moisturiser. And of course only treat those areas that need it. The product will be drying so it might be necessary to skip it every other night.
Now in fact my skin is in pretty good condition and I only suffer occasional break-outs whenever I change my skincare routine. Skinoren is my rescue remedy whenever a product breaks me out, no matter if it is white heads on my chin or some real pimples, a combination of Skinoren and a good moisturiser for sensitive skin never fails to clear up my skin in half a week.
It is possible that the product loses its efficacy if used too long or too regularly, as my younger sister actually seems to have become immune to the effects. So keep that in mind and only use as a troubleshooter.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This contains Azelaic acid 200mg. This white cream was easy to apply. It did shrink my pimples but at the same speed as typical pimple cream duration. It did irritate my skin a little and made my skin feels itchy. I hope this worked better but it was just alright.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by coolbracelet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good product. It dries up annoying pustule pimples in a matter of a few hours or a day. I just hate that it kinda burns and itches, but if it works, it works. My pharmacist cousin gave it to me, so idk how to use it properly, though i don't think who ever has sensitive skin should use it on their entire face. I use it as a spot treatment since it burns too much. I wouldn't say if it's good for prevention. It didn't do much for those bumpy painful pimples, but they did go away in about 2-3 days (even though they usually have a lovely one week vacation on my face). I'd buy it again since it's the only thing that worked well enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Glamoroso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

People people! did u seriously read the instruction of the application? its not supposed to be applied all over the face but on the exact area of problem, meaning that this should only be a spot treatment. it should only be dottedly applied on your pimple. acne, whatever it is your having. this is not a moisturizer so massaging it on your face is a big NO NO! your face will definitely itch yah know!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used the gel form and not the cream. This is one of the worst products that I have ever tried. When I first applied it, it itched, stung, and burned. I had a pimple on my cheek that was flat (I'd treated it with salicylic acid earlier). After I applied this gel to it, the next morning it was raised and inflamed. I also got several other zits after using it and have since altogether stopped using it. Has taken about 2 weeks so far to get my skin to clear up again after the damage that was done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Please note--- This is my personal experience. Skinoren worked for my skin. It is possible that it doesn't work for your skin or it may work as good as it worked for me.

Skinoren saved me from a really bad breakout 5 years ago. Since then I have been using it now and then (I ONLY have 1-3 small pimples around my period and sometimes I have none, it also depends on my stress level) and it still work wonders for my skin!
Let me tell you my little story. 5 years ago I worked in the UK in the summer time. The food, the water and the stress took a wrong turn and I've found myself in a desperate situation of trying to get rid of my cystic acne (something I have never had before!).
My skin was looking like this: my jawline, my chin and my forehead were full of ugly, red, painful, inflamed pimples, bumps and cysts. The bumps were always under the skin, very few were coming out and when they were out they were full of puss or water. The cysts were always painful and big. Disgusting.
At first, I didn't pay too much attention but then I was shocked to see they weren't going away so I started to panic. First I thought is just my PMS but they continued to appear. I started to become more stressed and I was picking my face all the time and had loots of scars...Really, this was the worst period of my life regarding my face.
I also have blackheads on my nose (always had them), near the nose and on my chin.
So I asked my doctor about my problem and she gave me Skinoren. I didn't think it would save me so fast but HONESTLY it did save my skin. She told me I would experience nasty rash...I said, well I can handle it...Yeaaah right! My face was : itchy, red, dry, covered with flakes on the treated areas, my face was stinging, yes stinging. In the first few mins I had no reaction but after 10mins I thought I will rip my face off. My skin was itchy, burning and red. I did scratch! The next day I woke up, I washed my face and my skin was ok: it wasn't red anymore nor so itchy, the bumps started to change the colour into purple from red and they were starting to get flat. I still had flakes (these go away hard, but hey I was young and I wanted miracles).
I continued using the cream for the next week and my skin was starting to recover. I had to endure everything but slowly I started to get used to it.
All my pimples, bumps, cysts went away, my scars were starting to fade, even the old ones and my blackheads were starting to break lose. Now, after 5 years that I have been using Skinoren 1 or 2 times per month (sometimes not even once a month) my skin is looking muuuuch better: I don't get hormonal cysts anymore, I don't have old scars anymore, I only have very few pimples when I am on my PMS and period. Blackheads: if you are consistent and put the cream on the blackheads, they will start to go out in 1- 2 days day but you have to use it more days so that you have good results. Don't pick them after the first day. Wait more days.
Skinoren is drying so you need a good moisturiser but it also makes your skin oily (I am not bothered with this because it works very well for my other problems).
I hate the tube- I used to squeeze it (even if I was just half way trough and I was putting it vertical on the shelf) so I can get every little bit of the cream but the next time I was using it, the cream would just flow and then I had too much cream. Now I squeeze it only when it is 99 finished and I put it horizontal and I have no problems with having too much.
I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by MsDime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has anyone used this for hair loss that is dht related? Thats the same cause for male pattern baldness and it occurs in women also. If so, did it make the hair oily? Dry? Hard to comb or manage? I need to use Rogaine but it makes my hair SO hard, tangled and difficult to move that it also dries it and makes it break. I'm looking for something else ladies. Please chime in or email me here. Thank you so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Majuschka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only thing that made my face look better is Skinoren. Till Skinoren, I have tried some commercial products (Nivea, Vichy) and some medicals (Differin), but I haven't had any results. With Skinoren, my face got better in 2-3 weeks and in 1 month it was wonderful. I was very satisfied. I don't have big inflammatory acne but mild acne.

The cons: cream makes your skin itching and it bleach your skin so you could look like ghost. I don't mind that a lot because it is more important for me to have smooth skin. Also, it is written in instructions that you cant use Skinoren more than 6 months (i don't know why is that) but I am not planning to stick with that.

At this point, I have been using Skinoren for 6 month once daily and I am still satisfied with its effects. I don't know will this lest forever but I am hoping it will.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Makira

hey everybody :)
i saw that your comments were written long time ago,but please if someone could answer me it would be great.;)
I am using skinoren for maybe 6 weeks and i am not sure if it works,so i am wondering if i should continue with it.have you had impression as your face had got worse some time after using skinoren,i agot impression that i have much more acnes now,and i don't now if iti will stop :/ ?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by xvickyx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 39 years old & still get acne :(
I have tried many products over the years & nothing worked until I tried skinoren. My doctor had previously prescribed metrogel which he thinks is the best for acne, but it never worked for me. After doing research on the internet, I came accross this cream and thought it was worth giving it a try. I went back to my drs for a prescription as we can not buy it over the counter in the uk & I started using it 3 weeks ago. The difference already is amazing. My skin is so much smoother & my spots are about 80% gone already. I have rosacea which is not too bad at the moment as it is summer ( it is always worse in winter) so my main problem was the spots I had on both sides of my neck & along my jawline. I have had this problem for years & thought nothing would get rid of them. I really can not recommend skinoren enough. I know different products work for different people, but for me this has been excellent. The only slight problem is after applying it, I itch for about 5 minutes but that is a small price to pay for spot free skin !!