October 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lierac - diopticalm (anti-fatigue sotting balm for the eyelids)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by minion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read a lot of good reviews so i purchased it. Just let me tell you - use this with caution. I never have bad reactions to skincare but there must be something in there that my skin does not agree with. After 3 minutes the skin around my eyes was red and inflamed looking. Horrible.
I'm not saying this is a bad product in general because obviously a lot of people like it, but if you do buy it, try it out somewhere else before you put it next to your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by nevs029

Well the first thing to note is that I have a lot of problems with my eyelids. I get red, irritated, itchy lids which become flaky and really sore. I'm not sure if it is eczema or an allergy but it's really annoying. I've tried my normal eye creams (Bobbi Brown, Kiehls avocado cream) and emollient creams on my lids in the past but they just end up feeling really greasy and not very nice.

Anyway, I went to the pharmacy and was recommended this. I'm actually really pleased with the results. It's super effective in reducing the redness and puffiness and I noticed within 24 hours of the first application that it was starting to work. Since then I've been applying it thickly multiple times a day and the irritation has gone right down. The only thing I would note is that this product isn't hugely moisturising. It's more of a gel consistency and my lids don't feel particularly hydrated when I use it.

So if you're looking for a general moisturising eye cream and mask then this probably isn't the one for you. But if you have a specific problem with your eyelids like swelling or irritation I would definitely recommend this. I find that it really does do what it claims to do. I will be replacing it when my current tube runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by mllefren3y

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE best eyecream I ever tried..This is my 5 ou 6 now. Since it's quite expensive, I tried other products, but after a week or so, I come back to the Lierac one. Not because it's cooling, refreching, calming...no, because it REALLY firms the fragile skin around my eyes. I have two tiny mimic wrinkles in the corners and they really fade away with this product. It's amazing, I always recommend it to all my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by elizium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not impressed with this product because it dries the skin around my eyes a bit.
Perhaps, if you use a very rich night eye cream Lierac can be good as a day cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by kimannj

My skin can be quite sensitive at times, however this is rather random and appears to be related to blood vessels and environmental factors. I bought this product recently after reading a review online. I find that if I use it quite thinly as you would a balm/cream then it is usually ok on my skin, however I haven't noticed any changes in terms of reducing puffiness or firming the skin contours as reported by others. However, if I apply it more thickly as a mask then my skin becomes very red and hot where I apply it and stays like this for some time. Interestingly, it's meant to be very low on irritants in terms of the ingredients and good for sensitive skin (my skin reacts to things extremely rarely) yet it causes this reaction in me.

I wouldn't purchase this again given the reaction it causes on me obviously, but also that I'm not seeing any effects and it is quite expensive for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I have been using this for 3 weeks and I can't say if the difference is this or my other products. The truth is, for the amount of money I paid it should be clear if it works. I bet I can stop using it and the results will be the same. I don't see any change at all with my eyes -I look tired some days and refreshed others. I think by now I should see a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a gel and not what you would typically call a "balm". It comes in a 8ml tube and is very easy to manage. I think the term "balm" refers to the concentration level and potency of the product rather than its texture.

The product does a fine job of freshening up the eyelids and reducing puffiness. It is also very light, spreads well and works great under makeup, etc. But I find this balm a bit drying so I use L'Occitane's Ultra Rich Eye Balm (which oddly is more like a mousse than a balm) for moisture and hydration on top.

The product is very expensive given its size. On the positive side, I like smaller packaging so I don't have to wait a year for it to finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by didi83

"Diopticalm is a soothing balm that relieves the eyelids, leaving eyes feeling relaxed and refreshed"

I am so far very impressed. It really does relieve tired eyes, and it is great for eyelids as well, works very well on puffiness. It really does firm up the eye contour!
I expected it to be more hydrating since it is a "balm" and not a gel, but i dont really have problems applying concealer with this balm so what matters to me is that it doesnt leave my eyes dehydrated, and it doesnt irritate my eyes. Its my third day now, and im really liking it!

It contains Licorish extract with is anti-inflammatory and floral hamamelis water (witch hazel) for a smooting effect.

I have tried Dioptigel Anti-poches (anti-puffiness) which was also product, but diopticalm hydrates better and is also good for puffiness.

* I used to have very puffy eyes in the morning, but not anymore by applying this balm at night and putting 2 camomille tea bags in cold water on then applying them on my eyes before going to bed. It really is incredible, give it a try!*

UPDATE MARCH 16 08: FOUND BETTER ONE, LISE WATIER BIO SPECIFIC YEUX. MOISTURIZES BETTER, MUCH BETTER ON PUFFINESS, AND ALSO YOU GET MUCH MORE, DIOPTICALM IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE LITTLE TUBE YOU GET