July 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - All

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

One of my all time. I currently own 3 of them and I love them all equally. Use it every single day for my eye makeup and it works like magic.

It prolongs the wear of any eyeshadow.

For more in depth review, please go to my blog

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Moniquerules

MAC paint is essential to anyone who wants eyeshadow to last! It also intensifies color and makes application much easier. I have been using MAC paint under my eyeshadow for well over ten years, and I was exicted when it came in the pot becuase it was easier to access than it was in the tube! This is, without a doubt, my favorite and most essential beauty product I've ever purchased. I will continue using MAC paint forever!!!

P.S. I've tried other primers out of curiousity, and they don't come close to MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

Awesome awesome product! Not only it has great colour payoff, it helps my eye makeup stay on all day without smudging! It blends really smoothly and dries really fast. I have it in Painterly and Rubenesque which i feel its the top 2 paint pots that you must get for mac. If you can only get 2 paint pots, go for these 2!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I was dubious about this pot format, since the pot liners from MAC always seem to dry out and become useless quite fast. But the Paint formula seems to withstand the air exposure better. I use Bare Study almost daily as a base. I've barely made a dent in it after about 18 months! It keeps even the cheapest, worst shadows from creasing, and is a lovely highlight shade on its own, so it has actually cut down on my eyeshadow routine.
The first Paint Pot I owned was Chilled On Ice (disc, or ltd ed., I guess), which I didn't like nearly as much -- the glittery bits seem to let go of the skin after a while and I'd end up with them in my eyes or on my cheeks. It's a beautiful shade, though, and Bare Study is almost identical but without the glitter, just a very fine pearl.

I wish Bare Canvas (regular Paint tube) came in the Pot format, as it's much easier to control application from the pot than when using those metal tubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Paint pots are a dream! I have Bare Study, Quite Natural and Painterly. Bare study is my least used one as I find that it dries my eyes out a bit, and to be honest I don't like the shimmer. I know the shimmer can be toned down if used as a primer but I just don't on with it. Quite Natural is a fab eye shadow, which really brings out my blue eyes. I adore this and use it all over the lid, with coffee eyeliner smudged out and Brun or Handwritten pushed over the top of the liner. I love this smokey look. But I do need a primer underneath this one, for some reason is creases on my oily lids. Painterly is such a wonderful primer - it matches the skin tone on my lids superbly, cancelling out any discolouration. It doesn't dry my skin out and makes the best base for any colour I put over it. This is my newest purchase so haven't played too much with it yet, but I am so pleased that I do not have to wear an additional primer under it. I am considering another colour, but I have so many eyeshadows now that I would have a hard time choosing :o)
The price of these are fantastic. They may seem pricey at first (14.50 from MAC direct) but they last so long! I have hardly scratched the surface of these babies! One thing you must do is make sure the lid is tightly screwed on after using, as I have heard they can dry out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

I have one in Bare Study and Painterly- Painterly isn't good on its own, it's best underneath your eye shadows. Very good as a base though, as long as you don't mind your eye shadows taking on a pinkish tint.

Bare Study is good on its own, it's kind of a neutral, light shimmery color. i'm pale so it looks natural on me with a little shimmer. i wear it alone when i'm trying to get out of the house quick without spending much time on my face. It stays on all day, unless you wipe at your eye a lot (which I think happens with anything). Bare Study also is a good base if you don't want your eye shadow to take on a pinkish tint.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Paint pots are for lazy people just like me, especially when you are rushing to get out of the house early in the morning everyday.

According to MAC's website, PAINT POTS are highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. They are long-wearing and colourfast. They create seamless coverage without weightor caking. They blend smoothly over the lids and they can be mixed with eyeshadows and eyeliners.

For me, I use paint pots as my eyeshadow base / eyelid primer. They don't crease over time unlike other eyelid primers that I tried. They dry fast so you don't need to wait for it to dry especially when you are in a rush in the morning.

I like the fact that these paint pots that I got are shimmery because it goes on well without eyeshadows at all and very light wearing and long wearing as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I just started buying paint pots this past fall. I have three - Rubanesque, Idyllic and Nubile. I really love them as a base. I don't usually wear them alone because they'll crease on my oily eyelids after a couple of hours. If you have oily lids like me and want a long-lasting cream shadow to wear alone, then I recommend the MUFE aqua cream. The paint pots last when they are set with powder eyeshadow and they will really bring out the colour in your eyeshadows. I love them as a base and will continue to purchase them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how hard i try i just can't get these things to work out for me :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My UD primer potion was sold out and I needed a primer asap, and an SA advised me to go for the Paint Pot in soft ochre as a primer instead.
I'm really sad I did because I can't use it after finally figuring out that this is the one product I've ever tried that gives me an itchy and red reaction on my eye lids and tear ducts that lasts for days, making me crazy.

Overall, the product is not a perfect solution for one with oily eyelids, but balancing the right amount needed and topping it off with powder makes it work almost a whole workday.
I don't find it difficult to apply after figuring out how much I need of it, and since my lids are oily it never looks chalky - but it will crease eventually, and hence it is not WP on me.
I dab it on with my fingertip, as a brush is useless for this.

I find soft ochre a bit too light and yellow for my liking, it is like using a concealer all over my eyes, and it need an eyeshadow on top to mute the brightness of this paint pot.

I must say I hate the glass pot which will break if I loose it on the bathroom floor tiles, and would much prefer a plastic pot instead.
But this also applies to all containers for beauty products for the exact same reason.
5g/0.17oz would have lasted me a life time, but experiencing this itching and redness caused by this product I don't believe I will ever finish it as it itches for days even when I don't use it.
If it wasn't for this, it would have been only mediochre for me anyway, and not my first choise for a primer.