July 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Mascara - GOSH - Mascara - Amazing Length'n Build (Waterproof)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by lxurra

I was surprised at how negative these reviews seemed to be. I have this mascara in black, and it's the first one I've bought in a while that doesn't seem to disappear during the day!

Admittedly, it has quite a wet, tacky texture that shows it doesn't dry very quickly and this may annoy some people. However, for me it adds decent length and bold black colour. Not too much volume, and it can clump lashes if you're not careful, but good length.

I only paid about 5 for this, and I was actually pleasantly surprised at what I got for my money. I wouldn't buy again based on the fact that I'm the kind of person who doesn't buy mascara that often, so when I do I like to try any new ones I can find in my price range.

So it isn't good enough for me to stick to when I run out, but it's doing a decent job for me at the moment, especially for the amount I paid.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Andrea36MA

Great mascara really separates and adds length, does flake & crumble if you rub your eyes though so be careful of that!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Medusa777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara in electric blue. The colour is bright blue on the wand but it takes a lot of layers to make your lashes look blue. I find it very clumpy and messy. It's hard to get the same amount on each eye.
So as a mascara & for it's price, it sucks.
On the other hand colored mascaras are hard to come by, so if you dream of electric blue lashes, go for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by loobs202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is terrible. I'm trying to save money and picked up a couple of GOSH mascaras to try. I wish I'd read the reviews first. It is so thin and you can hardly notice it on my lashes. I'll be sticking to estee lauder sumptuous from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ScoutJ

Ugh. What a terrible mascara this is. I bought this because the Gosh waterproof extreme art eyeliner is my HG eyemakeup, and I thought this would be as good. It's not. It gives no length, and NO volume: three or four coats and you still look like you've just tinted your lashes. It's sticky, and while it doesn't flake it also doesn't stay on: you end up with grey smudges under your eyes. Nasty packaging, nasty product, nasty nasty nasty. Such a shame, when the eyeliner is so amazing. I guess they put all their money and research into that. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this after my GOSH Lift'n Shape in waterproof was discontinued, thinking it would be compareable. It's compareable in consistancy and application, even though the brushes are a bit different, but it pulled the curl right out of my lashes and made them stick-straight. I tried re-curling them after application, but that didn't work either. I find all waterproof mascaras to be too sticky to use an eyelash curler afterwards (always has to be done before mascara application). This might be a nice mascara for someone who doesn't curl their lashes, but mine are long and need to be curled so I don't get that "visor" effect, and this just pulls the curl right back out of them! Quite unfortunate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping this would be my new favourite mascara, but alas. This gives no length, and you need SEVERAL coats to get any volume from this. The formula is very wet and takes a while to dry, and stays uncomfortably tacky for hours. It's not a terrible product, but nothing to write home about.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by BextheHat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is nothing amazing. It really isn't, especially for the asking price of it.

With my faith in GOSH products I bought it, hoping that it would deliver like their other products I have purchased, but alas, this one proved me wrong.

It essentially...does the job of a mascara. It covers. Yet for how fair my eyelashes are...it takes a few layers to do so and with my Mother obliviously asking 'Have you forgotten to put on mascara?' constantly sending me back upstairs to apply another layer.

As for adding length and build? It adds a little at the corners but certainly nothing 'Amazing' as stated in the product name.

A shame, really.
~

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just meh for the $14. This clumped, and itched my eyes from day one. There wasn't even a nice honeymoon period. It smudged too which is confusing because it's waterpoof. Which shows when I apply this; if not done with precision the tinest bit hits my lid and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get off. However through the day it will itch and if I ever so slightly rub my eye it smudges every where - in some instances this will happen with the improperly placed lid mark still in tact! How is that possible?! Its running off my lashes but stays on my eyelid?! It's not fair. Boo on this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this mascara, although it works best with a lash primer under it.
It is quite waterproof and I like that is available in dark brown. Black tends to look too harsh on me, and it's hard to find a brown waterproof mascara. GOSH is a great brand for having a wide range of colour options.
I have been using this mascara for over a year and I am happy with it.
UPDATE: I have just recently got tired of this mascara, I am trying out some different ones.