October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Foundations - TEMPTU - silicone based liquid foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sbhaker1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No wonder its regarded as the highest quality silicone airbrush foundation on the market. It doesn't have to be applied with an airbrush, I have found you can apply it with a brush or a sponge but looks best applied by hand. Temptu s/b creates an unparalleled soft-focus glow on the skin, in sharp contrast to the flat, matte finish of some water based airbrush makeups. The finish is water resistant with a soft natural look which is very flattering in HD video especially on guys. This foundation has a slower setting time which allows for hands-on touch ups. I airbrush this foundation everyday before school and it lasts on my skin for 10 hours whilst still looking flawless and natural. Always get compliments that my skin looks flawless and lit from within.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by intheclouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not have the airbrush system but have a small bottle of the foundation in the eyedropper bottle. Even though this is a foundation, I find it is an amazing eye shadow primer. My eyeshadow looked like I'd just applied it at the end of the day. I don't use this straight as a foundation but mix it with lotion/sunscreen for a tinted moisturizer look and have mixed it with other foundations to play with the color a bit. I like its versatility but am on the fence about repurchasing because the price is high IMO and there were four or five parabens listed on the ingredient list.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The bottle says Temptu Pro, a 30 ml. 1 oz. eye dropper type bottle.
I purchased the rechargable air-brush machine & 004 sand; 005 pure beige during the IMAT show 2011.
These fdn are silicone+water based, one doesn't need to use the airbrush machine to apply although I find using the finger is the best method b/c brushes or sponge will abosrbed too much of the production.
4 drops of each is good for NW25 to NC 32, although I will adjust the proportion as seasons changed.
I find it is necessary to wait for about 10 minutes for the real effect to show up, it is not a heavy coverage, but it does blurrs marks & pores in a natural manner.
004 sand is a yellow/neutral base
005 pure beige is darker tahn 004 & has a pink/red undertone.
Tip: I also have the airpod, when the airpods are empty, I used a syringe (those with a flat tip needle from the inkjet stores) to refill them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Foundation. I use the kind that comes in the 'Pro' bottle (order online), which is the same formula that is in the airpods. The great thing about bottle is that you don't need an airbrush to apply it! I use a stippling brush and it looks nearly-airbrushed - the next best thing! The consistency is very liquidy, similar to Face and Body formulas, which is great because you can layer it for sheer to full coverage. It also takes some time to set and dry, but once it does it is flawless! This is the best silicone-based foundation on the market IMO. Better than MUFE HD, and for $25/1oz the price is quite fair. I have been using this foundation for 2+ years and have found nothing better in comparison! I am NC25 and both shades 03 (Ivory) and 04 (Sand) work well for me, with Sand being a bit less yellow/more neutral than Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by sashja2413

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will say by far Temptu airbrush system has been absolutely fantastic for me. I have great results on photos, very flawless! I'm 007-natural n 008-honey. I use them both depending on the look I'm going for. I apply the foundation as directed w-no streaks, I use Nars oil free primer,a nickel size of moisturizer in my oily spots. Then I set it using my Custom Blend Powder by Perscriptives.. Depending on my event I will also apply either Nars laguana bronzing powder Or using the soft glow bronzer made by Temptu.. This look works extremely well for me, it creates a natural glow with a hint of looking tanned! I receive a ton of compliments ..I wear it all day wth no touch up just a little dusting from shine trying to peep through. I forgot I also use Boscia mist spray for a refreshing look then I'll lightly feather using Makeup Forever Kabuki Brush..the softest brush you will ever find! Ladies u may think it's alot to do or it may sound crazy but once u find a system that works for you(like this does for me) u go that extra mile of keeping your face looking Oscar Winning GREAT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by hanarox444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this foundation is beautiful when applyed well. but you really need to be trained or well practiced in applying airbrush as if you don't know what you're doing it will look really patchy. it oxidises a lot so you need to choose a shade that looks a bit too light when colour matching, and you'll need to do about 2 layers and spot correcting to get a flawless base, but this will last on the skin all day long and it photographs amazingly. it breaks me out, but i use it on myself if i have an event and i offer it to clients. it doesn't feel amazing on the skin, it sets a bit tight and isn't nice to feel. but mose brides are willing to wear a slightly uncomfortable foundation for one day if it'll get them that flawless complexion they're after on their big day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by number1sister

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Temptu silicon based foundation since last February after having my makeup done in Sephora. I do not use the Temptu that comes in the pod. I use the professional temptu that can be bought on several sites on line. I use two shades mixed together and I also add a green corrector (Yaby). So far, this has been the best foundation for me; it looks very natural. I used to use Mac blot powder to set the makeup. Now, I use the Temptu touch up powder. I set the whole shebang with makeup setting spray from Skindinavia. I use the anti-oil one. I also use Smashbox oil free primer before putting anything on my face. I don't know how the pod would work, but this foundation can be applied with fingers, brushes, or sponge. I hardly have to touchup at all, and it stays put even in the hot summer in the deep south. Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

I bought this for my dinair compressor because the girl told me it was compatible and it wasnt because it's silicone based! Whereas, Dinair is water-based.

I put it on with my hands as it is not fast drying and i left it on for about 7 hours and it broke me out the next day! It is the worse foundation i've tried. It felt sticky and it did not cover my imperfections.

I would never buy this again.

I will never change from Dinair which actually helps me for my blemishes!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by danijj1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently got the Temptu Iwata airbrush compressor and gun so I could apply my foundation that way instead of my usual mineral powder. I love the equiptment, but this foundation was AWEFUL! It went on very orange and blotchy. Maybe it just didn't match my complexion, I don't know; but it did not work for me. This also felt very sticky and cakey on my face without even covering imperfections. I would not reccomend this makeup for people that have pink undertones or fair, blemished skin. The only thing that I sort of like about this is that the packaging is easy and the bottle is big, but that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

I'm not sure if this is the same product that I am using.... The product that I reviewing is the Temptu Retouch Foundation, NOT the foundation that comes with the airbrush kit, that you spray on your face. It come inside of a brush that you pump and apply to your face. I'm a black woman and I often have a hard time finding the right foundation. As I was walking out of Sephora, I spotted this in a display near the front. I swashed the chestnut color on my skin and it was a PERFECT match. I was sooo happy. I ran back to the counter and returned the Laura Mercier liquid oil free foundation that I was going to try out. When I got home I applied it with my mac 109 brush and I was just AMAZED. AMAZED. I looked FLAWLESS. Absolutely flawless. I went over it and set it with Loreal True Match Super Blendable Powder. I swear to you it makes you look airbrushed. It's just gorgeous. I got so many compliments on my skin that day. I NEVER get compliments on my skin. :)! I was soooo happy! And I know this is wrong and I NEVER do this. BUT to test it's longevity. I SLEPT in it.... Lol. I woke up. STILL good as new. I haven't tried the actual air brushing system. But I'm in love with this. The price is a bit steep. I believe I paid 55-60 dollars for this. Which is double the price of what I used to buy (Mac Studio Tech NW43). But trust me. It's worth it. The only downside is that I guess they don't have a big range of colors? Well 12. They have 12 different shades and 5 of them are geared toward women of color. I use the Chestnut color and it's the second to darkest color which is sad, because it doesn't offer much for women with darker skin tones. But it is fairly new. So hopefully as they progress so will their color range.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No