August 29, 2014 | 1080 users online

Lip Gloss - Too Faced - Mood Swing Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by EnergeticCrab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

"What color is that lipgloss, because it is the perfect color for you?"
This is what I was asked when I wore Mood Swing for the first time.
I have the original formula: clear to pink, and it's great. I would like to try the darker colors, because this stuff seems pretty fool proof and there is always the enjoyment of watching the gloss change color. Yes it's gimmicky and silly but it's also fun and a great thing to have in your bag for casual occasions.
The color is a bright pink but not loud. It's not glittery, just shiny.The consistency is a little thin for my taste, but this can be solved by layering it with other lip products.
The packaging is a little meh, I have a love-hate relationship with squeeze tubes. On one hand they are handier to use than a brush or doe foot, but they always get super gross in the cap and threading. The lip portion of mine actually went from being white to pink, and it kinda ruins the magic of clear gloss turning pink when it looks pink coming out. Then again my tube is older, so maybe this was resolved in newer versions. I like the design on the packaging, so back to 4/5 for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

Overall I thing Too Faced has a good marketing gimmick for this gloss. However, it's just a typical gloss like most, it just changes colors. I like how it goes on plum then changes to pink berry. I use this as my "in between" lip color when I run out of other preferred shades. I give it a C+ grade, as I've experienced much better glosses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by socalsuperstar

I was trying on lipglosses in Planet Beauty and I stumbled upon this gloss. I tried on two colors that I liked, pink shimmer and plum to berry. I liked them both but brought home the plum to berry. Im fair with platinum hair and blue eyes. Colors that are too light wash me out and colors that are too dark tend to look harsh. My lips are medium sized. With this gloss, they looked fuller. The color was beautiful. It went on purple and smelled really good. After a couple hours, the color shifted a little, more berry, less purple. Luckily both colors work with my coloring. I like that the stain stays because it means less application. The berry stain had punch, and it wasn't harsh nor drying like most stains. I am glad I purchased this gloss. The price was moderate as far as lip glosses are concerned $15.00. My least expensive gloss is MAC Prrr (The only gloss of it's color family that doesn't wash me out and has a nice shimmer) the best I have is Guerlain Pink Sun Terracotta Gloss (My HG, it's discontinued and I am sad scraping the last bits out of the tube). I tried a little bit of my lavender YSL Golden Gloss on top of the stain and it added a very attractive shimmer (pearly lavender with a hint of sparkle). I will buy this again if I can find it. BTW, I didn't care for the original pink, at all. I don't know but it feels like a completely different formulation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I took a chance and got 2 of these in ‘Pink Berry’ from Hautelook for $8 a piece. (Pink Berry is one of the ‘vintage’ shades, which I guess is the fancy way of saying its discontinued!) I was excited to see this in a deeper, berry-plummy shade, since the standard pink color-changing glosses turn way too hot-pink on me. As it turns out, I like Pink Berry a lot! The color is really pretty and natural on me. It starts out deep and plummy, and then actually lightens up a bit to more of a berry shade. It just livens up my pale lips, without looking like I’m wearing obvious color. It can be applied, blotted, and reapplied to intensify the color, and it makes a nice ‘base’ for other lipcolors. As a gloss, I like the formula. It’s a tiny bit sticky, with a slight tingly effect which tricks my mind into thinking my lips are a little fuller. It has the same berry scent & taste of Too Faced Lip Injection, which I also like. The gloss lasts on my lips a decent amount of time, 1-2 hours, but its not drying as it wears off. I find the tint lasts even longer than the gloss itself, a nice little added bonus, since I likely just apply a clear lipbalm in between applications of this, anyways. As far as being ‘mood activiated’, I don’t really buy into that, but this does turn a pretty, flattering berry color on me. I like it better than the similar Smashbox O-Gloss Noir, since I think it applies more evenly and the ‘gloss’ itself is a better formulation. Really, I have no complaints about this product. You get a generous amount of product and a tube should last a long time, the price was reasonable (though I got it at a discounted price), it applies and wears well, and the color is super-pretty. Five stars, from me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sample set from Sephora, and this is a cute, pink gloss. Nothing special. Goes on clear and turns medium pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a non-sticking hot pink lip gloss when I came across this product.
I decided to try it at the back of my hand to see the consistence of it, color (when it changed) and how sticky it was.
The consistence is nice. Is thiker than other glosses, the ones I have from Shiseido, Clinique and some from MAC are more liquid). And it's not stiky at all.
The color is hot pink. It's clear, has no sparkles in it... just what I was looking for, AND it has something in it that is a natural sunscreen (found this at the Too Faced website).
I don't really know how long lasting it's supposed to be, but it lasts on my lips for quite a few hours without touching ups. Also, if I apply any lippy or lip pencil and then top it off with it, it also lasts longer. (This has been very usefull for me for my nude lippies and pencils, that I didn't use for a long time because they look too pale on me, now this gloss gives just the right amount of pinkness to it, without being too "hot pink").
Overall rating: 4 (I don't give it 5 lippies because of the price).
Price: expensive. It costed me 18 euros.
Packaging: Plastic tube. I think the container is appropriate to put that in your purse and it won't break or anything. I like it.
Yes, I would buy again. I know there is a berry one, and a pale pink one as well, and I would really like to try them out and see if they are just as amazing as this one.

INGREDIENTS:
Mood Swing Ingredients: Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),Cera Alba, Myristyl Lactate, Ozokerite, Cera Carnauba , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylparaben, Propylparaben. (+/-): Red 27 (CI 45410) Net Weight: 13.3 mL / 0.45 Fl. Oz,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss is very cool! If you get the darker pink colored tube, the lip gloss is clear, and it will change into a shade of pink after applying to lips. It says it depends on your mood, but, I'm sure it's just your body temp. It smells yummy, and it has a nice feel. It's not sticky at all, very shiny and smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 245am

i like the concept of this gloss, i really do. i just don't think i'm super crazy about it, although it has the right amount of tackiness for me. it usually turns a hot pink on me and if you use it too much, it leaves a weird pink film around your lips. i usually used this when i went snowboarding because it was quick to use and gave a bit of color but it's not something i would ever buy for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it, I actually find it fun!!!! The color depends on your mood/heat of your body. Since for health issues I should maintain myselft calmed down, I find it very useful. For me, the color usually keeps almost clear or a slight pink. Anyway, one day that I got very upset at my job, I applied it and it inmediately turned magenta. Of course at that moment I was still upset, but afterwards that I thought about it, I found it fun!!!!

It does smell and taste weird, and feels a bit sticky... but, I found that almost all lipglosses feel sticky, smell and taste weird -that's why I prefer to use lipsticks.

The packing, it's not luxury... but since I carry it in my purse, it works fine. It's not heavy nor I feel like I can break it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is fun. The smell is a bit medicine-y to me. The taste is very light. On me, the color changes into a natural pink color. It has a nice shine, but not extremely shiny like some other glosses. This is also very "slippery" rather than thick and sticky. I'd prefer it to be a little thicker, but that's okay. It's not a bad product, but there are a lot of glosses out there that are better. I bought this based on the gimmick, rather than the actual gloss itself. Do I regret it? No, it's fun. Will I repurchase when and if I finish my tube? No.