Canmake Highlight gradation

4.5

on 8/7/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the first Japanese brand I've ever tried. I wanted to get the gyaru look. I always wonder how my favorite gyaru would get taller looking noses. I noticed that they always had a pearly look about on their noses. I saw on gyaru (I forgot whom) pose with Canmake. I got the gradation in 01 because I was stepping out in makeup and I wanted to experience many types of highlight to find out which one would give me the effect that I was looking for.

And it did! I use them all interchangeably depending on the day and mood. I also though because I have dark skin and this clearly a brand that brands to fair skinned women that it wouldn't look good on me. Not true. It's actually quite finely milled for a Japanese drugstore brand so it blends easily and it definitely can give you a define shape.

It comes with a brush and quite frankly it is junk to me. One of those throwaway brushes. It's soft and made of nylon, but I don't like the way it sweeps product. One swipe and while it does pick up product their is a lot of product that becomes loose free to migrate to the other graduations.That never happens when I use my Hakuhodo brushes. It picks up the product and the rest of the product will stay pressed.

It won't provide an airbrushed affect like Makeup Forever's highlight in their sculpting kit however, which is fine because I only use this on my nose. I'm really looking forward to purchasing other product from Canmake.

on 11/23/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product. the highlight effect is very flattering.

on 1/1/2010 1:39:00 PM

THIS CANMAKE HIGHLIGHTER GRADIATION HAS SURVIVED CLUBBING TEST. the powder does not turn into dust or shatter upon dancing in my bag like all my other canmake palettes ( eyeshadow , blush...<- yes they all became powdery and had to be thrown for the mess it was causing)
it's cheap and works really well!! would buy it again :)

on 1/12/2008 2:30:00 AM

i have canmake's highlight gradation in 02, which is a sweet little palette of 4 gradational really sheer pink-toned shimmery highlighters. this is one of the cutest products i've ever come across in the canmake line. 02 is definitely better than 01, which has a gradation of white-based highlighters. both are shimmery but 02 gives a soft shimmery glow to the face, and really makes your face pop. the pink tone is so sheer that this probably doesn't work as a blush, but as a highlighter it's pretty good. to use, i swipe my brush (my own brush, not the joke of a brush included in the palette) across all 4 colors, (try using a soft hand so you don't end up getting too much shimmer and end up with the disco ball effect) and then gently swipe across my T-zone, under my eyes and then on the chin area. i'm sure this will last me a good long while, but i will definitely repurchase if i ever run out. (what's strange is you don't see 02 on either the english or the jap version of their website, they only show 01. i wonder if 02 has been discontinued? oh no.)