July 30, 2014 | 1495 users online

Gels/Soaps - Pangea Organics - Pyrenees Lavender with Damiana Tea Bar Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I bought several of these bar soaps at World Market which had them 50% off. This is pretty much a review of all the scents as the only difference I noted between each of them is...scent.

Pros:
-Smells AMAZING- very herbal and yummy. I love the lavender smell that is spicy, not sweet and sickly like synthetic lavender. People who prefer faint smells will not like this though, because it's rather strong.
-Does not dry out my skin like many bar soaps
-Minimal packaging
-Natural ingredients list
-Nifty packaging that can be planted, though I haven't tried yet so I don't know if it works.

Cons:
-A little on the gritty side. I like it for exfoliation, but some may find it irritating.
-Potentially clogging or irritating on my sensitive chest and back, so I don't use it on those areas.
-A bit expensive, though I got mine 50% off at World Market.

Overall: These are very nice soaps if you are not opposed to the strong scent and are not sensitive to any of the oils. The price is a bit high to me, but I would repurchase if I could find them on sale again. Not that I'll ever need to, as I stocked up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by amang

I had thought I was getting sick of lavender lately, with so many lavender scented products our there now, but I love this. The added oils really give it a nice warmth. The soap itself is nice, a little drying (as all soaps seem to be), but nicely foaming and pleasant to use. I previously tried their liquid shower gel and this is much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at World Market. It smells like fresh lavender -- a little on the herbal side, though. It has little teeny pieces of lavender flowers, but not so much so that it's scratchy. It performs just like a lot of other cold process soaps: lathers up nicely, is scented fairly strongly, isn't drying to the skin, etc. I would say that this is worth the price. Would make a nice gift for someone who likes lavender products.