April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Lip Gloss - Laura Mercier - Lip Plumper - Bronzed Berry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this shade. It is described by LM as plum-bronze-shimmer, which is pretty accurate. I am very pale, but my lips are very dark pink. This lippie swatches orangey brown on my hand, but on the lips it just tones down all the pink-violet tones that I have going on and the result is very flushed and natural looking. I see more of the plum tones when it's on my lips.

The taste might bother some people-- it's minty and maybe a little citrusy (like tangerine or something?) The taste reminds me a bit of Philosophy Kiss Me, when it used to come in a pot. What I LOVE about this gloss is that it's not sticky at all. It just feels moisturizing and a tiny bit tingly. I bought this on clearance, so I don't know if I could bring myself to pay $30 for a replacement when it runs out. I love the color though, so I probably would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by cjofphilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap, a sample size, and really like it. It tingles on my lips and is a little bit menthol-y or minty, not sure which. The bronze/brownish color looks nice with my olive skin tone. I don't know if it plumps any; I have naturally "full" lips, I suppose. They did look moistened. For night or more color, I like to put a darker and brighter lip color underneath this gloss. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Gorgeous coppery red with bronze shimmer, and about as full coverage as a lip gloss can be. I don't really need lip plumping from my glosses, and I didn't notice any plumping from this product (and I'm skeptical about such claims anyhow).

Comparisons - Has a vague minty aroma and tingle, though not as strong or irritating as some other lip plumper glosses.

Packaging - Square cross-section, clear body, and a black screw-top which houses a doe-foot wand applicator.

Overall - I'm generally not loyal to any lipgloss, but I loved this shade so much I replaced this after my dog chewed it up. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

This product reminded me of a more pigmented less warm version of BE Buxom Lip Plumper in Ginger. Bronzed Berry is a bit of a misnomer for those with pigmented lips like mine. My lips have a naturally warm pinkish coral tint that tends to lend an orange toned tinge to most lip colors (unless the formulas are very pigmented). So, bear this in mind when reading my review. On my lips, Bronzed Berry has no berry tones at all. It is a neutral cinnamon bronze with tons of soft shimmer making it look almost like there is a very slight warm frost to it if you apply multiple layers. It is a very beautiful color and looks great against my MMM yellow undertoned skin. It has a fruity scent to it and it tingles just a tinge upon application. It is nicely pigmented and goes on creamy and smooth. I think the berry tones in the color canceled out the coralish tones (and vice versa) in my natural lip pigment and that is why the color comes out more of a neutral cinnamon bronze on my lips. Swiping on a tissue, I see the berry tones under the bronze, but this not evident on my lips. Great color, nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think Bronzed Berry is a good shade for neutral, everyday wear. It's a medium bronze with berry/rose tones and subtle shimmer. There's enough brown in it to keep the berry muted and subtle for daytime wear, and enough berry in the brown to keep it from looking muddy. I've been reaching for it a lot since it seems to go with a lot of m/u looks.
I particularly like the texture of the Lip Plumper line. It's smooth and creamy, without much of the usual sticky lip gloss feel. It feels good on my lips. The lasting power is just average for a lip gloss, meaning that it'll wear off significantly if I drink a cup of coffee or eat something. There is a slight cool, minty sensation when I apply it and it has a mild minty verbena scent to it.
I didn't notice any plumping with repeated use, so for that I'll dock a point. However, it's smooth texture, pleasant scent and specifically, the beautiful color is special enough for me that I'll repurchase.
This gloss pairs beautifully with Wet n' Wild's Mojave Mauves eye shadow palette.
$30 at Sephora and Neiman Marcus.

**pictures embedded - click 'continued' to see** continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by mrscliffy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample from Sephora. Ditto what other reviewers said about the color- looks really brown, goes on a nice berry shade. This gloss is light-weight and not at all sticky. As for staying power, I had to reapply after about two hours. I did not notice any plumping effect whatsoever. So why am I giving it only one lippie? I used this gloss a couple times a day for three days in a row. On day three, my lips started to feel very dry, like they were really sunburned. It was painful! The only change in my usual routine was the addition of this gloss. I immediately stopped using this product and now, three days later, my lips still feel extremely chapped. It's too bad, because I really liked this gloss otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by starla1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this from Sephora as a deluxe sample recently. I was a little wary of the color in the tube. It looked very brown, but when I put it on...gorgeous! I am in love with this gloss! The texture is wonderful and the color is so flattering!

The only downside would be the price. I will purchase this in a bigger size, but probably on Ebay where I can get it cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by katrina1211

The SA first introduced me to this when I was getting my makeup done at the LM counter for a wedding. I'll admit, when she first pulled this out, I started freaking out and telling her it'd be too dark for me. This lip gloss is pretty dark in the tube--to me it looks like a light glittery/shimmery brown/red lip gloss--but once it's applied, it looks fabulous! I have fair-medium skin and decently pigmented lips, and colorwise, it looks like my natural color but amped up a bit. The packaging is nothing special (your typical tube of lip gloss), but it applies very well and seems to last. Overall, a very nice lip gloss. I'm usually really picky about them (I find them to be too sticky and usually go for lip stains), but it was very comfortable to wear and not annoying at all.

The only thing that is annoying is the price!! Since the SA took the time to do my makeup, I wanted to buy a few things from her, and when this rang up, it was $28! That seems a bit excessive for me, especially since it's just a lip gloss. I asked her why it was so expensive, and she said that it wasn't just a lip gloss...it was a "lip plumper" and thus the increase in price. When I put this on, I don't notice any plumping or any tingling even. It just feels like a normal lip gloss to me.

I'm not sure if LM makes this color in a normal lip gloss. If they did, I'd buy that and save myself some money, but I'm not sure they do, so I guess I'll repurchase since I really do like the color and texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

i received a sample of this gloss in a swap and i absolutely loved it... while the color looks intimidating in the tube for a olive/tan complected person such as myself, with highly pigmented lips.. it goes on surprisingly sheer, and gives just the right amount of pigmentation and shimmer... the name is spot on id say... its a lovely berry/bronze shade infused with subtle gold shimmer.. it also has a heavenly fruity smell (cant quite put my finger on what it is.. i almost want to say citrus).. its lasting power id say is pretty decent.. i went 30 mins without needing touch up (although i didnt eat anything or say much), and it left a very nice tint and shimmer on my lips after it began to fade..

now the part i dont like so much... this gloss is being sold as a plumper... when it comes to that aspect, i would give it a big fat zero.. did nothing but tingle my lips.. there was absolutely no visible difference that even my anal self could see, and at $30 a tube, its performance as a plumper leaves a LOT to be desired.. to me its just a plain gloss, and to pay that much for a gloss, i would much rather buy chanel for $26.. period...

for that reason, even though i love it, i will not purchase.. but i have to say, as a newbie to this brand, it has made me curious to try some other laura mercier items

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

Okay, so the color is gorgeous, perfect shimmer, sheer but lovely coverage...even when the gloss wears off i am still left with a great rosy lip stain.

However...

Since ive been using this gloss for the past couple weeks i began noticing *small* bumps on my lips. Similar to pimples one might get on the lipline, except mine were ON the skin of my lips. Not noticable at all, the only reason i took notice was that i could feel these nasty little suckers when i lick my lips. ive been avoiding kissing my boyfriend as much as possible in hopes that he wont find out.

i did some research and they most closely resemble fordyce spots, exceot that mine arent white, they are so small but my lips still feel rough. the only thing different in my routine? this lipgloss. i think it's due to the oils that cause these little bumps. ironically, this gloss is not very moisterizing, either.

i have stopped using this gloss and hopefully the bumps will go away.

ingredients:
Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Talc, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Mica, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax (Rhus Succedanea), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract (Butyrospermum Parkii), Lecithin.