Comptoir Sud Pacifique Motu

2.8

on 7/9/2007 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

As per usual - the board goes one way, I go the other. I LOVE THIS SCENT!!!. This is quickly becoming one of my summer favorites. I love the smell of salt air and yes.. seaweed! This is truly a beach scent... and I suppose it really isn't going to appeal to everyone. But if you want to smell like the ocean REALLY smells like... not Coppertone, not island flowers, but truly how the ocean smells - this one is for you.

on 11/6/2005 8:43:00 PM

This is a very authentic beachy scent. Some may prefer a more homogenized idea of the smell of sea air, but I love the realistic tone of this perfume. If you love sophisticated, clean fragrances with a bit of ethereal flavor, this is for you.

on 9/16/2004 7:32:00 AM

Basic Marine scent. absoulutly nothing speicial. Bath and body works makes the same scent. I smell the wintergreen and spearmint too but like almost every CSP fragrance, the notes are gone in a heartbeart and you are left cold and alone. Boooo

on 9/11/2004 7:46:00 PM

Very weird. Smells like somebody mixed some sour, spicy dill pickles into a nice but not-so-wonderful vanilla-coconut mixture. Not a keeper for me.

on 1/1/2004 11:30:00 AM

I got a sample of this and after I tried it this morning, looked at the other reviews here. I can smell the wintergreen/spearmint note and can understand how someone else would refer to nail polish remover. I can even smell that plastic pail and a whiff of sea air. All of this made it very interesting to sniff, but I don't really want to smell like any of those things, so I wouldn't buy it.

on 11/14/2003 9:16:00 AM

This is odd, I like it, but it's odd. At first, I swear to God, it smelled like wintergreen! Is that my imagination? That is the weirdest topnote -- (also has nothing to do with the ocean). Then it started to smell a bit like rubber. BUT, after it dried down it had a melony cucumber type smell. It smells good now, but I wouldn't say like the ocean exactly. Maybe a little. It's a pleasant, very natural clean smell. I'd say it was refreshing and subtle. Not what I would have expected, strange, but not bad. I seem to want to keep smelling it. I don't smell any of the notes it's supposed to have. I got this as a sample and I'm wondering if it was mislabled or something?

on 8/20/2003 12:22:00 PM

This must be a big YMMV type of product because I _love_ the scent and periodically sniff at my wrists during the day b/c I smell so darn good! I got a sample vial labeled "Aqua Motu" (don't know if that's the old or new version) and on me it smells quite pleasantly marine with strong notes of coconut. Reasonable staying power.

on 8/13/2003 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Definitely there's a sea water quality to it; it actually reminds me of the bottom of a plastic beach pail I used to take to the beach as a child. Even though it brought good memories I'm not sure I want to go around smelling like a mix of plastic and algae. Not for me, a try-first for sure.

on 7/30/2003 1:48:00 AM

Wow! This scent is amazing! Very unique and different, intoxicating and fresh, this is my favorite fragrance at the moment. Some of the notes listed that make it light, fresh and fruity: Rosemary, Algae, Oakmoss, Ylang-Ylang, Patchouli, and Orange. Here are some descriptions of the fragrance: The freshness of sea water and seashells from the deep,blend with the dry and warm notes of the seaside vegetation. Think freedom, adventure and luxury with a mix of sun, sand and fragrant flowers blended by balmy breezes. Spritz on some Motu and surround yourself in luxury!

Definitely for the daring and adventurous, not if you're looking for a run of the mill fragrance.

on 4/11/2003 1:57:00 AM

This is amazing. It smells like the ocean, a little spicy, but absolutely memorable and delicious. I have received many compliments and am a little addicted to this scent. By the way, Tiare doesn't smell good on me, it's too sweet. I'm also an amber fan, and I love Narcisse Noir, Shaal Nur, white flower scents (these smell nothing like it). OK I can't describe it...but try it. I think if you like it is memorable, uplifting, and great!

Popular Fragrances