August 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Conditioner - Avlon - KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Sorry... For me, Mizani Moisturefuse runs circles around Keracare Humecto... I remember trying this one after hearing it was different than the Keracare Humecto that comes in a bottle. Both were zeros imo and I got no boost in moisture as one would expect from a conditioner called "humecto". Overall, I find Keracare products a huge disappointment. Back in the day, when there were not that many options for relaxed African-American hair, Keracare was pretty good and I was willing to pay the prices Keracare charges. Now however, there are so many wonderful, quality options within every price range for my type of hair. Whatismore, Keracare has not improved their products ...To me, they are mediocre at best. This makes them overpriced for the performance you get from their products. No thanks...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by prettyphd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have naturally kinky-curly hair. this stuff was wonderful! combing out my hair was made easier and my hair was light and fluffy despite the thickness of this product. i'll certainly repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lgunt004

Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the original formula and the "richer, thicker" version, and my hair hated both. This was not moisturizing in any way. I am African-American with relaxed hair, so it is "supposed" to work for me, but it doesn't. I suspect it is due to the mineral oil, as any "moisturizing" conditioner I use with that in it has only left my hair dry and crispy. I tried using this with heat and without heat. I ended up having to return it and get my money back...Horrible experience. UPDATE: After talking it over with my stylist and after asking questions of the master chemist and founder of Avlon Industries [Dr. Syed] on his blog, I decided to repurchase the "richer, thicker" formula. I realized that I had been expecting much more out of this product than I should have. This product is NOT meant to be used as a deep conditioner/intensive treatment, but rather as a frequent-use regular conditioner. To that end, it's a pretty good product. I found that if I didn't towel-blot my hair (which is what I do for deep conditioning) then Humecto spread better over my hair and felt nice. I also applied it in dime-sized portions to small sections of my hair at a time. After letting Humecto sit on my hair for 15 minutes (no heat) I rinsed it very very well in the shower like my stylist suggested. Styling wet and dry hair produced much better results. My hair is shiny, moist and bouncy. I also used other Keracare products when I washed and styled my hair, which I think makes a difference with this brand. So all in all, I am pleased now with this product (now that I know how to use it) and technically give this product 3.5 lippies. I will continue to use it up and see how my hair responds to the entire line. I will also be using something more penetrating for my "deep" treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by aq123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product from JC Penney in a $14.99 12 oz duo which included the hydrating shampoo. My cousins have raved about this for years but I just could not bring my self to pay $11-$15 for an 8 oz. Since I also received an additional 20% off (friends and family day) I finally decided to try it. I am so glad I waited. It's an ok conditioner. Neutrogena Triple Moisture is better and for less. The KeraCare styling products were also buy one get one for $1. So I bought a wrap lotion and got one for .85 ( I had another $15% off coupon), both of them for $13.20 which is a little less than the price for one. I will try the products after a freshly done relaxer then revise my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an excellent conditioner. I use this weekly as a deep conditioner treatment. I apply to my hair in, put a plastic cap on, and sit underneath my dryer for 20-30 mins. My hair comes out feeling very hydrated and the conditioner smells great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by crishair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good product for processed hair! It leaves my hair soft and easier to comb. It smells great! Better results if used for 15-20 minutes and with a plastic cap. It is also nice to recover the hair from chemical treatments/processes. I only would like to have the same results when I don't have time to use a plastic cap and wait longer...

My hair is a mixture of 3C and 4A. Texturized, my hair may be 3B and 3C.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by honeyshop247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I began using this product as a means to supplement my "in-between" trips to the salon. Although it's a bit pricier than what I'm used to, and isn't always convenient to obtain (has to be purchased from a salon or online.) This conditioner has given me the most satisfying result, when compared to many of the grocery,beauty supply store brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by gpage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's the best moisturising conditioner I've used and believe me, I've been through loads! I have relaxed hair and I alternate between this and Organics Hair Mayonnaise. Fantastic after a protein treatment, for softening. I put it a plastic cap (or cling film/seran wrap) and a towel over my hair and leave for 20-30mins. Leaves my hair smooth and tangle free, and it doesn't smell bad either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner has saved my hair from heat, color, wind, and sun damage... every time I use it I am amazed that my hair could ever be so soft and silky.... LOVELY!