Castor Oil

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 4/16/2015 2:22:00 AM

With a nightly application of Castor oil my eyelashes have thickened dramatically and increased several millimeters in length. I saw results after around three weeks and have maintained the results by continuing to apply it several nights a week. Similarly my sister rescued her eyebrows from a disastrous threading experience which left them thin and patchy. Within a month of not touching her brows and applying the oil daily she had regained very thick eyebrows which were able to be shaped to her desire.I have also had success using this on stretch marks and as an under-eye moisturizer even though it is very viscous and takes a while to absorb. Its viscosity has largely prevented me from using it on my hair very frequently, though when mixed with a lighter oil like almond it is easier to use, and it works wonders for psoriasis/dry scalp. I sometimes use it to seal my ends but am not a fan of the stickiness. Ultimately a genuinely and remarkably effective product for hair growth - be patient and you should see results in two to four weeks.
UPDATE: After using this and other oils on my eyelashes and eye are with no problems, I have recently had an eye infection. Using this normally causes no issues (as long as you apply it with a mascara brush, wash your hands ect) but I had a bad cold and so maybe don't apply oil to your eyes if you have a respiratory infection bc it can easily spread despite your best efforts. I have resumed using it with no further issues.

on 4/15/2015 4:09:00 PM

I LOVE THIS. I use it every night for the past 2 weeks on my brows and lashes and noticed growth on both. I washed my old mascara and replaced its contents with castor oil for easy application at night and I leave it overnight. WORKS LIKE A CHARM. I tried using different (and expensive as hell) lash serums but those didn't work. The price is a huge bonus too, its 39php (less than $1USD) for small bottle and I'm guessing it would last a year or more.

The smell doesn't bother me at all as for the product's texture it gets absorbed after a few mins or so so It doesn't bother me as well.

10/10 would buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say I over plucked my brows and at one point shaved them off. Castor Oil SAVED them! I also apply this to my lashed and oh man, who needs false lashes? Will always repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

been using castor oil on my eyebrows for the past 2 months when i can be bothered and even so it has actually worked my eyebrows are a lot thicker and not so many gaps, all my life ive never really had thick eyebrows they have always been thin and especially after shaving them off as a 13 year old there hasnt been much hair but now there is and in my inner part of my eyebrow has started to grow yet there ha never been hair there at all so i suggest everyone try it to improve hair growth :-)

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love my oil..Is great for my skin and hair.

on 3/9/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this initially to try to grow my thin Asian lashes a bit but realized that the massive bottle meant I could experiment with it as a moisturizer, too.

I've been using it for about 2-3 months now.. my lashes are, unfortunately, no longer than when I started out (or if they are longer, it is definitely not noticeable). I've been using this on my lashes, my brows, and my face. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking out from this.. I've been getting more acne than usual, which is highly noticeable because I very, very rarely get acne.

I also tried it on a chest for a week or so and actually got a few cystic zits there.. I've had trouble with body acne before but never cystic on my chest.

The texture is quite sticky and the smell isn't incredibly strong but it isn't that pleasant, either. It does dissipate quickly though.

All in all it really didn't do anything for me other than perhaps give me some acne, haha. It's modestly moisturizing, but I do have very dry skin esp in the winter so that might just be me. I'll continue to use it probably for quite a while since even with religious use I have 90% of the bottle left after 2-3 mths, but I'll be more careful about where I use it to try to avoid encouraging acne. Will update if I see a difference with lashes.

on 3/5/2015 1:54:00 PM

This has so many uses. I've been using this on my lashes every night and within a matter of days, they were fluffier and longer. I had lost a lot of lashes from trying to remove clumpy mascara but now they look great! I used it on my hair once and although it made my hair super shiny and soft, the oil took a week to wash out so it wasn't worth it to me. I've also been using the oil cleansing method (winter has been hard on my skin) and my skin is glowing. The mix I use is about 1/4 castor oil and 3/4 walnut oil.

on 2/27/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I started using castor oil a week ago for my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. I've been using it religiously at night before I go to bed, and I'm already seeing results! Both my hair and my lashes are shinier and thicker, and my hair has grown 1.2cm in 9 days, which I think is amazing! It's so soft now too ^.^ My lashes have also grown, and they're actually starting to wisp out at the corners. Overall I'm definitely pleased with what I'm seeing so far. I'm gonna continue using castor oil every night until my hair is as long as I want it to be :P I think it will be a holy grail item that I will be using for a long time.

* I've also been mixing in coconut oil, it makes the castor oil easier to apply since it's so thick. Coconut oil is another oil that promotes hair growth and health! Love it.

on 2/26/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

DISCLAIMER: this is a cumulative review for a DIY hair mask that includes castor oil as a main component but it may not be the sole reason for the fantastic results I've yielded.

So I henna my hair and its in decent shape. I try to take good care of it despite heat styling regularly and I do tend to wash it daily with a sulfate free shampoo and color protecting conditioner. The daily washing obviously dries my hair out and my ends, from previous bleachings, are pretty fried/dry for the most part. All that being said, I've been looking for ways to improve its condition but without burning holes in my pockets as my visits to Sallys tend to do.

I've recently used coconut oil I'd say a total of 3 times (melt it down, apply, and let sit for an hour +) and its vastly improved my hair from a breakage standpoint. This is over the span of 2 weeks, people. Pretty impressive when I'm used to little hair fragments lining my palms while ringing my hair out only to see NOTHING since the coconut oil. So I delved a bit deeper into oils and hair remedies and this is what I've gathered:

Coconut oil (cold-pressed/organic 5$ at walmart)
Tea Tree Oil (small vial, 8.49 at Whole Foods)
Castor Oil (cold-pressed, 5.49 at Whole Foods)
Sweet Almond Oil (processing not specified, 6.49 at Publix)

I was too eager to try each item one at a time so this morning, I took my ingredients and added a little over a tbsp of coconut oil, 3 or so tbsp of almond oil, 4 or so tbsp of castor oil, and like 8 drops of tea tree oil (caution here as I've read it can be quite strong but I didn't feel anything)

I washed my hair with regular shampoo, towel dried it, and applied the warm concoction to my hair, starting at my ends. I really slathered it on and there was much leftover from my medium thick, shoulder length hair. I then really rubbed it into my scalp, covered with saran wrap and a shower cap for the drippies, then a warm towel and let it sit for 2 hours.

I washed my hair 3 times with a light shampoo (Miracle 7 Heavenly Healer) and conditioned it at the ends. (I should mention that because I like the smell I added a ton of tea tree to both my 'poo and conditioner before I washed too)

Anyways, my hair is fully dry now and I can't believe the results. It's like back to its virgin state before chemicals ever touched it (i.e. 9 years ago!). It's so so soft, but not in that silicone way that some conditioners and leave-ins cause. It's like the hair itself is restored. The shine level is 15 on a scale of 1-10 and it's got nice body. And this is one use here people! I bought all these items for growth but am content enough with just the state my hair is in now.

I spent less than 25$ on all these items which will last me a good while and combined they've worked better than any high end treatment/conditioner i've purchased. Try the mixture and see for yourself!

I have used grapeseed oil as my only oil for OCM for 8 months and decided to venture out with different oils: enter castor oil. My face was pretty much blemish free and smooth: no complaints! After using 20% castor oil & 80% grapeseed, my face was covered with under skin bumps within 2 uses. I know a purging face can happen, but I never experienced this when using just grapeseed. In my opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I went back to grapeseed oil only, acv toner, and cerave (only until my acne cleared up). I gave the bottle of castor oil to my mom. Hopefully it'll make her eyelashes grow.

Popular Brows Products