October 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased a bottle of this at the Vitamin Shoppe after reading reviews here where people stated this helps to grow eyebrows back. Mine are in rough shape because I ruined them when I was younger. I'm trying to regrow the section from the arch to the end (there aren't many hairs there anymore). I've been using it every night for the last 2 weeks and I will say this definitely works. The scent doesn't bother me. I have acne prone skin/combination, and I haven't broken out at all where I've applied this. I can't wait to see how my eyebrows turn out with continued use. Worth the price, it only cost me five dollars for a large bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Hellany

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this for a couple things. Eyebrows and eyelashes to condition them. I mix it with coconut oil and henna and leave it in overnight and it makes my hair so soft. Oh and as a sore muscle rub! Massage it in and let it sit for a while then rinse off.

Oh and dry hands and feet too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Indian people use castor oil traditionally for all kinds of things - for my grandmas, this stuff (along with turmeric, coconut oil, hibiscus powder, henna and sandalwood) was a beauty staple!

Makeup remover: removes even the most stubborn water-proof stuff. I use it to remove super stay-put oil-based stage makeup for dance.

Goo gone: Seriously, it works. Obviously use with discretion (its an oil.. it stains) but on glassware and ceramics, works amazingly well and relatively non-toxic [read the ingredients on real 'goo gone' - all kinds of volatile organic compounds]

Hair: Castor oil is THICK. If you read the ingredients of most hair spray, leave-in conditioners, settings sprays - they all have hydrogenated castor oil.. but they use it with powerful emulsifiers. I use this stuff sometimes like argan oil - just run a tiny bit on my ends and to smooth out flyaways, but too much gets greasy FAST. Also it is sticky.

Skin: I used the OCM a few times, but not enough to really make a habit or notice a difference. My skin is complicated, so I stay away from fads. This stuff is GOLD for ragged cuticles and ultra dry skin though. I also use it on the corners of my mouth when they crack or my lips when they get bad wind-burn (I walk outside a lot, Canada is cold :D)

Eyes: MONEY! I don't use this on my brows (breaks me out), and occasionally use it on my lashes instead of mascara (my lashes are long-ish), but the real magic here is a weird use..I have chronic, really bad dry eye. Can't wear contact lenses anymore, eyes are always red, bad night vision, tons of cornea infections.. :( My grandma suggested that I use "traditional" kajal (home-made black eyeliner) on the waterline to improve my vision. Sounds like BS right? I looked into it, and dry eye is caused by blockage of the Meibomian glands near the waterline...Traditional kajal is made with "castor oil soot" from lamps and..castor oil, which is a lubricating lipid. I started spreading castor oil (a tiny drop from a bottle only used for eyes, always with clean hands) on my waterline after wearing contacts, or just every day. My eyes are much less dry, less red, less irritated and I'm noticing a huge difference. I use organic, cold-pressed, double filtered castor oil.. and obviously YMMV and there is a risk of infection. But if you think about it, we all think nothing of putting eyeliner on our waterlines.. so why not castor oil.

Bottom line: THIS STUFF IS AMAZING, a multi-use product, ~$5 if you buy non-organic from any 'ethnic' grocery store or the drug store, and is worth every penny.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried this several times in cleansing oil mixes at different ratios and it clogs my pores, breaks me out and irritates my eyes. It works great for some but I won't try it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by hopetonou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do this and just having the conditioning of the oil helps with brittle lashes and even brows. Do it and see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Caitlin99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using castor oil everyday on my eyebrows and eyelashes and even in my shampoo. It's really made a difference in the length of my eyelashes and the thickness of my eyebrows but I'm not sure if it did anything about my hair length yet

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Using castor oil has made my eyebrows seem thicker, but I don't like that it's smell can be overpowering and that it's very thick. I've stopped using castor oil for a couple of weeks now, and I've noticed that my eyebrows have returned to how they were before. I don't like that I have to use this all the time to see results, and that the results aren't lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love discoveries like this. It's dirt cheap, it's natural, and most importantly, it works. Boy, does it work. I've had my brows groomed in the 90's and it's not so bad, it's perfectly arched and symmetrical but it's kinda sparse. So are my lashes. I've used one of those lash serums before and they're really pricey.

For 2 months now, I've applied castor oil with a Q-tip (or cotton bud) to my eyebrows and lashes every night. I've also added it to my shampoo every day when I wash my hair. I'm not sure if it helps my hair, but boy does it help my lashes! I've seen the most significant change to my lashes, and coming behind that, my eyebrows. I love how my lashes look now - so full and long. I think my eyebrows grow faster - but that's just me trying to notice any difference.

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell - it smells like an ashtray. But I've heard about how you can mask it by adding essential oils like lavender so you can do that too. I don't bother - the smell usually dissipates in a while.

So yes, five lippies! I'll continue using this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Funsizedeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so I must say I've only been using this product for about a week on my scalp. After trying the oil cleansing method (mixing castor oil, jojoba oil and tamanu oil) and having HORRIFIC results, I was intent on finding other uses for all these special oil bottles I bought. The jojoba oil ended up being the best moisturizer for my skin (no more razor bumps, yay!), and the tamanu oil has been amazing for any sensitive or inflamed skin. I finally started using the castor oil on my scalp in hopes that maybe, just maybe it would help with my hair growth and help prevent hair fallout/split ends. My hair usually grows about an inch every 3-4 months or so, and by then it is usually all split ends. I've tried everything under the sun to help with this (stopped using heat styling, started brushing and massaging more, biotin which made me break out all over my body) and I can honestly say that within the week I've used it, my hair has already grown more than it usually does in a month and is softer and fuller than ever, I can't stop myself from touching it!! I just now started using it on my eyebrows and eyelashes which also need a little help, but not a whole bunch. Will update in a month or 2 with more results!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No effect on my lashes and brows. Tried for about 6 weeks, twice, after some encouragement from an MUA member who swore it would work! Thanks, but all it did was seep into my eyes at night, no matter how little I used on the base of my lashes, and make my eyes red by morning. But coconut oil has done wonders for my lashes and brows!