4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this for eyebrows, but for some reason it always stings my eyes when I use this under my eyes and for my eyelashes. It never absorbs and leaves me with blurry vision and tears forever when I wake up. Will keep using for eyebrows though!

I have extremely sensitive skin and will get flesh-coloured bumps all over my face from bathing in certain town water, that has a lot of additives and chlorine. Castor oil keeps the skin under the eyes from getting darker, and helps keep wrinkles at bay and maintained. I use the Home Health brand and it's great. It's a very thick oil, but it still works well for hydrating skin under the eyes. I also add it to my body lotion. If I use it on my face other than under my eyes, I have a tendency to break out, so I just don't use it on my face, but that doesn't take away from how well it works as an under-eye moisturizer and anti-aging tool.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin and naturally decent lashed both in length and thickness. I do dab this around my lash line with a q-tip to just condition the lashes. However, since castor oil is pretty thick and rich, I don't use it in my skin or brows as it can clog pores, for those I use jojoba oil especially in the summer. My mother is the primary user though as she uses it as a hair pack and it has helped with shedding for her. As with any oil, I would suggest that everyone do a spot test to ensure they are not allergic to castor oil. Also, the whole Ricin that people are complaining about is only found in the seeds of castor plant and is boiled off and left as a waste product after processing of castor oil. The only people to be likely poisoned from Ricin present in castor seeds are the workers at processing plants for castor oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this on my eyelashes because they are already incredibly long, they reach my eyebrows when I look down. But I do use it on my eyebrows and on my hair and feet.

I used to have thick eyebrows but one day I went to get them shaped and the lady who normally does my brows wasn't there and this other lady completely waxed off my brows from the arch onward, and the hair never grew back again. I found out about castor oil 6 months back and after using it continuously on my brows, night and day my arch has finally begun to come back, it hasn't grown fully (length) but it is now way thicker than it was before it got waxed off.

As for my hair, after I turned 15 my hair started falling out quite a lot, it got me scared as I thought I was balding, so I started using shampoos and conditioners designed to help stop hair fall, it did improve slightly. I also would never go for haircuts cause just trying to grow my hair an inch would take months. But when I discovered castor oil, I thought if it helps hair growth it will definitely help reduce my hair loss. I have been using castor oil mixed with virgin coconut oil as castor alone is incredibly thick and is a nightmare to wash out. I use it once or twice a week and I have noticed that my hair loss has reduced dramatically and my hair has grown 3 inches longer in just a month, which was a huge shocker to me.

Not only is it great for hair growth but I use it on my feet as it is a thick oil it penetrates the dry skin there amazingly, really, you can use it on anywhere that you might have very dry skin, say the back of your elbows etc, but don't use it on your face as it might make you grow more facial hair.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Castor oil is the best! It is not only good for brow & lash growth...but also hydrates the brows and lashes you already have. I have taken a break from castor oil (thinking I did not need it) and saw a sharp decline in my brows and lashes (especially my bottom lashes) I have since been a castor oil devotee.

I use disposable mascara wands to apply. This helps to evenly distribute the oil, and carefully apply to lashes!

I haven't yet tried castor oil for eyelash/eyebrow growth, but I can say this much if you have eczema this oil works wonders. I have eczema inside my ears and nothing has helped with the insane itchiness and flakiness as when this skin condition flares up. I have scratched my ears until they've bled, as they itch so bad during a flare up. I've tried it all - tea tree and lavender oils, shea butter, argan, coconut, and olive oils, Lotrimin, etc. - nothing has cleared up this aggravation until I tried castor oil. I've rubbed the castor oil inside my ears for the past few nights and the results are amazing. No more itch and the flakiness is clearing up entirely. Wow. I don't know if this will work for everyone with eczema or dermatitis, but it's worth a shot. I buy the castor oil from the health food store which is cold pressed and hexane free. It's only around $7 a bottle and it should last a very long time. I also use a 10% blend of castor oil with Apricot Kernel oil for the oil cleansing method. Works great. I'm going to try this oil on my eyelashes and eyebrows and see if it really works for hair growth.

I bought a bottle of this at a hair stall about a year ago and have been using it nearly everynight since. I like to use it on a Q-tip on my eyelashes after removing my makeup as I find it takes off any excess mascara or eyeliner very well.

However, I also noticed that my eyelashes have definitely been healthier, stronger and longer since beginning using it. I've used a couple of cheap eyelash growth serums in the past that have done nothing for me so it's great to have found something equally as inexpensive but actually effective. I still have about 1/4 of a bottle left after a year too so it lasts a long time.

The one thing I would say is be careful getting this on your skin as I'm pretty sure it's been the cause of a couple of breakouts when I have accidentally done this. Because of this I wouldn't use it on my eyebrows as I think it would break me out a lot.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a great cheap do-it-yourself trick to keep eyelashes healthy. I rub it on my lashes and around my eye area. It keeps my lashes healthy, and they seem stronger and fall out less. Here's a tip.: to keep oil from getting contaminated pour a little in a glass or disposable shot glass and apply with a Q tip or disposable mascara wands that can be cheaply bought in large bags. You oil and application tools will always be fresh and clean.Can't go wrong with this natural product far as I can see.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is awful. How can anyone tolerate it on their eyelids? Based on the reviews I read, I purchased a bottle of hexane-free, cold-pressed castor oil. After two days of use, my eyelids were swollen and incessantly itchy. I developed a rash on the upper and lower lids, and my eyes were inflamed. I did some online research and discovered that castor oil contains ricin--a deadly poison. Ricin can also cause a severe allergic reaction and lead to cornea damage after prolonged use.

I'll stick with my Boots No. 7 Fanomenal Lash Serum. It's slow-acting, but it works. More importantly, it doesn't irritate my eyes.

I had been trying to grow out my naturally thick, but over plucked brows since July. The growth was very patchy and certain hairs would not grow. I had read that castor oil could help, but didn't get around to buying any until 2 weeks ago when I got frustrated with the patchiness, and waiting for the hairs to grow back. I was amazed to find several hairs had sprouted the morning after the first application, and have continued to do so daily, unlike the months before, when new hairs would appear only after a few weeks. Therefore I am certain this is not a coincidence. I just wish I'd starter using this at the start of my brow growing journey - they would have been on point by now!! I'd recommend this to anyone trying to grow brows, although I have read that it will only encourage growth where hair previously grew naturally, there is nothing to loose. I also makes the hairs look glossy and thick.

Popular Brows Products