October 24, 2014 | 1188 users online

Loose Powders - Kanebo - Lavshuca Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by visee

This is a fabulous loose powder for the drugstore price. I bought this in Lucent, which is translucent with micro shimmers. This adds a slight radiance to the skin and also controls oil. The puff that comes with it is also really soft, and applies just the right amount. Also love the fact that it comes in a small pot (the packaging is adorable) so it doesn't take forever to finish it up. I probably took around one year of daily use to finish it. Would definitely repurchase if not for the fact its only available in Japan, HK and Taiwan!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lavshuca is the princessy drugstore range of Kanebo and its product quality does not differ very much from the Kanebo main range (such as Coffret D'Or). (Kanebo also have another drugstore range called Kate, which is the dark edgier range, as compared to Lavshuca)

I am reviewing the older version of the loose powder which comes in a more ornate container not very dissimilar to Jill Stuart products. I have this is Lucent which is a very very pale beige which applies translucent. The powder applies very fine and helps in concealing my pores very well. It also has excellent oil control and I generally do not need to blot my face throughout the entire day (do note though that I also use an oil control primer and foundation). There is very fine shimmer in the powder, but it doesn't show on my face.

Would I buy this again? Yes, if there is no other loose powder in the world, but right now I am interested in trying Laneige's satin loose powder. That would be my next buy.

EDITED: I have now tried the newer version of this powder (the one which comes in a smaller quantity, not-as-pretty box), and I am happy to say that I like this newer version equally! :) The review above applies to the newer version as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this powder in Lucent. It is a translucent beige color with a slight hint of shimmer. It doesn't really appear on your face however, so there isn't anything to worry about. I find the slight shimmer helps to brighten up my face, but it mainly appears matte.
I really like this powder because it helps control the oil on my face and also makes my face feel fresh without the use of foundation since I don't really like the feeling of having a foundation on. It also does a very good job at disguising pores which I love and it helps to slightly even out my skin.
The puff that comes with this powder is so soft and it picks up the right amount of product. The only problem is if I try to use it to spread the product like using a brush, it tends to make my face look flaky I'm not sure why. So as long as I stick to pressing the powder then it's fine. If there was a compact version of this I would definately pounce on it because the case is quite inconvenient to carry out with me.