August 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Ambre Fetiche

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by mary66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Mmmmm. Ambre Fetiche. Amber fetish. Oh yeah baby. Dark, smooth, glistening amber. It garners lots of compliments. Other fragrances I wear that attract the same kind of attention are Ambre Sultan by SL and Strip by Agent Provocateur. It's the big hit of labdanum that really launches Ambre Fetiche into the most luxurious unisex fragrance I own. A heady blend of incense, leather, amber and vanilla, which envelops you in the most confident, brooding, sexy scent. A wild adventure - full of dangerous liaisons and handsome men. Sweet, vanilla-fuelled smoking incense that burns with a quiet intensity that smoulders on a bed of labdanum. Rita Hayworth in that scene from Gilda, singing "Put the Blame on Mame, Boys!" Oh, if only Musc Ravageur had been built like this baby!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took a few wearings, but I finally "get" AG AMBRE FÉTICHE (Amber Fetish).

This is a dirty amber, with incense, leather & a bit of vanilla. As the strongest fragrance in the Les Orientales line, AF has about the same presence on my skin as AP Strip, which is to say ... ALOT. Definitely unisex, maybe even leaning toward masculine, but it's rare for me find a wearable mass market masculine, so this is a win for me.

When you're in need of a skank fest, look her up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I love orientals and Ambre Fetiche is a powerful Oriental with ambre notes and incense. there is dryness and very little sweetness in this perfume. The lasting power is very good better then most. It is a winter perfume and-or evening.
Bottom line: LOVE

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ccspringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ambre Fetiche isn’t groundbreaking, but it is an assertive, unexpected offering from Annick Goutal. More lasting power, sillage, and manliness than most of Annick Goutal’s pretty little girl scents. I tested Ambre Fetiche on my SO, who usually prefers sweet, woodsy orientals. He said it was an “almost-but-not-quite” fragrance, a bit too powdery. However, as time went on, the powder fell away and the scent became almost sharp. Not too sweet, maybe even a bit masculine, it adds pepper, woods, and incense to the diffusive amber. Close to the skin, the incense and woods are very dry and sharp, which contrasts nicely with the gorgeous sweet amber and keeps the scent from being an overpowering winter scent. In fact, I wore this scent on a hot, humid 100+ day and wasn’t overwhelmed at all – it just wafted around me gently, a summery amber. Not as light as Prada L’eau Ambree, but nowhere near the sticky, animalic Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens. Four stars for hitting the spot in between.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: amber, incense, labdanum, styrax; benzoin, iris, vanilla, geranium, patchouli and leather.

This fragrance opens with a complex amber composite that smells of smoky vanilla and hazelnut. As the accord settles, the smoky and nutty aspects dominate everything, only to lose their dominance again later on. As the fragrance progresses, the nutty note disintegrates in its vegetal components. The fragrance now smells predominately of vanilla with a faint trace of patchouli as a base. This is a fairly simple scent with a similar construction like its sister scent Myrrhe Ardente. Lasts for roughly 6 hours on my skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Ambre Fetiche is simply beautiful! It's a mouthwateringly delicious, ethereal amber that's gourmand without being too sweet. Some ambers, like Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens, have a heavy, animalic quality to them, but not this one. It's not the least bit sweaty or spicy, so if you're put off by ambers that are too "dirty," this will not be a problem.

The only downside to Ambre Fetiche is the peculiar smell it has when wet. This is not an issue, as the smell goes away as soon as the alcohol evaporates from your skin. Just don't get it on your clothes, or the peculiar smell will linger for over an hour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A pleasant amber, if you like yours sweet, as I do. However, I eventually found it too heavy and rich to suit me. It's listed as unisex, but I can't imagine a man wearing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for the perfect Amber scent for years. I've tried many European amber-like scents and carried Henri Bendel's Amber for quite sometime. amber is one of those scents that works very well with my body chemistry. I always get tons of compliments and this Special Gem by the house of Goutal is exceptional. My boyfriend loves this on me. I try to be careful and not over spray. It is very potent. A little tiny dab here and there is more than enough to last a good 8 hours. I've put this on at 6 am and could still smell it at 8 pm at night. It's definitely a cooler weather scent. I love it when my coats and sweaters smell of this gorgeous scent. Amber is not a scent for those who like flowery and Clean, it's a sensual smell, like incense, spicy and smokey. To be it reminds me of an exotic land. Of all of Goutal's scents this is my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by foreverinblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first (very liberally) sprayed my chest, throat and wrists with this bought un-sampled fragrance, I thought I might pass out or become throwing-up sick. After about a half hour of feeling slightly dizzy, I washed it off. Ok, so next day, feeling somewhat defeated by an eau de parfum, I sprayed, very lightly, on a cotton pad and then daubed it gently on my wrists and upper stomach. Much better! I am up and down with this new to me fragrance. Love the smoke... the sweet.... and the dry down to a warm yummy vanilla/amber is seductive. Great lasting power. Just be careful with overdoing or you may knock over your beloved or friends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I'm so sorry that I didn't cave in and buy the large bottle of this one; I can't have enough of it! The lasting power is good (6 to 8 hours) though it loses its sillage and becomes a skin scent after the first hour. However, my clothes and skin continue to smell after hours of wearing this. This is very heavy on the incense -which happens to be a favorite note of mine right now- so people who don't like incense should probably skip it. I love how the amber mellows the ethereal presence of the incense and makes the perfume more earthy and dirty:) Not very sweet, this is a more unisex interpretation of amber easily wearable but both sexes especially in a colder weather. I love it but I suggest trying before buying because after a while it develops an earthy undertone that might be unlikable to some people.

UPDATE 19/11/2009: Had to take down a lippie, since my husband told me yesterday that he's appaled by this one! I also find myself not wearing so often as other perfumes I own.