April 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lip Gloss - Lumene - Nude Touch Cream Gloss

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lufi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Launched in 2007, this gloss promises lips with "a soft, creamy shine and a delicate contour" in five 'nude' no-shimmer shades:

1) Vanilla Nude
2) Cacao Nude
3) Coral Nude
4) Rosy Nude
5) Caramel Nude

The formula includes arctic lingonberry seed oil which supposedly keeps lips moisturized. The gloss comes in a twist-brush applicator.

My thoughts:
- My lips were definitely not soft nor creamy. The gloss dried out my lips creating lines and dry patches. I have to say at this point that I use lip balm religiously to keep my lips soft and moisturized.
- I got the shade Coral Nude which I thought (from the online swatch & the name) that it would be a coral, peachy-pink or peachy shade at best. Instead, the shade is a rosy color, a heather rose to be exact.
- The twist-brush applicator has its own problems. Too much product can ooze out from the second application and onwards. The brush is not properly shaped for gloss application.

The only way you can get this gloss to work is if you prime your lips with a LOT of lip balm and apply sparingly. Fortunately, the color doesn't look hideous on me so with lots of lip balm & sheer application it looks like Mac High Tea l/s. However, this is too much work. I prefer using my High Tea instead. I was lucky this was on sale (6 ) because the original price is around 13 (19 USD)....so overpriced for that kind of quality. Honestly, the Maybelline Watershine Elixir l/g deliver the effect promised by this l/g at a lower price. My last rant is over the color names which are misleading (at least the Coral Nude one).