October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Lips - Everyday Minerals - Siesta (Formerly Peach)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

This lipstick/balm came in a spring for women kit I recently purchased, actually my first purchase from everyday minerals. I apply chapstick moisturizer (the blue tube) before I apply the Siesta, and have mixed feelings about the result. It's puzzling, really. Sometimes I love the subtle peach/bronze color it gives my lips and like the fact that it's matte (since I am so used to wearing shimmery glosses), but the staying power is weak. I have to apply this product at least 10 times in an hour. I wouldn't buy this on its own, but I am glad it came with the kit because it's different from anything I own - in an almost good way, but not great. So if you happen to love peachy colors, get the Spring for Women kit (which is a great value and I am IN LOVE with the shades of minerals for my medium skin tone), the proceeds go to Women for Women, and the Siesta lipstick/balm will come with it. But I would not recommend purchasing Siesta alone, just for the heck of it. Don't do it, buy yourself something with staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by wllow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

first of all, I'm not sure why EM calls this a gloss. it comes packaged in a chapstick/balm tube, and applies/smells like a lipstick.

the color itself is a very light golden peach. because it is slightly opaque I can see how this would definitely not work on a lot of skin tones, but it seems to fare well with me(I am very pale, red hair/blue eyes). it has a nice glow to it without being sparkly.

the only problem with it is it will magnify any dry spots, etc. if your lips aren't perfectly smooth. so if I wanted to use this in the winter, I'd have to have a scrub on hand.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm a huge fan of EM products but this was such a disappointment! It's really cheaply made, goes on like a runny paste and just sits on top of your lips. I used it 2x before the product started to crack and melt. I love nude lip colors but this color was too pale and looked a bit ridiculous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kalisaen

I think this product goes on very smooth, and I love the color. It's a great nude color for people who are a little bit tan, I think. If my lips are a bit flaky however, this stuff does manage to accentuate it somehow. I have to make sure my lips are moisturized and free of problems before I apply this or else it will look pretty gross. It feels great on the lips on top of my chapstick though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by patbobbie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this from one of the kit. Don't like it at all. Well, don't know how to describe it, I'll try my best. :) When applying, it looks like it makes a paste on the lips. Like when you mix powder&water and it's wet, that's what happens to my lips, powdery paste. Not smooth or moisturize to me. Even though I try to use lip balm [Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF15] before applying EM Siesta, it still doesn't work for me. Will not repurchase. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by FunnyValentine

This should still be called "Peach." What does "Siesta" look like? This is a teensy bit too light for my lips (it's a bit lighter than my natural lip color), but it is a nice "natural" non-glittery color. It's almost the same color as my pink skin ;-) but I'm not going for the lip-less look. I'll wear it around the house, though, as it feels great on. It's a great "Nude" color, I just wish the color were a bit deeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a great price, so picked it up on a whim in one of EM's custom kits. It's packaged like lip balm and gives my pigmented lips a peachy nude color which doesn't wash me out, very natural and simple. Looks great with gloss on top. Doesn't dry my lips out, but picks up on dryness/roughness on my lips, so I definitely need to make sure that they are smooth and moisturized beforehand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the Spring Pink Lip Color. EM's description says, "A fun medium shade of pink with a semi-matte finish, ideal for that natural everyday healthy look." Sounds perfect but makes my lips look like a corpse. Gave them a chalky pale color. Medium mauve/pinks usually work well for me but the color on this one just doesn't look right. So I decided to use it before bedtime (when no one would see it) as a moisturizer for my lips. I had to stop using it because something in the product made my lips become very dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink710

I found the pkging to be quite cheaper, similar to Lip Smackers, in a lilac and brown tube. This one was re-named Siesta after the blush. I thought it was a new colour, but it's not :( On my pigmented lips, it didn't show up and it seemed to drag across my lips. I didn't find it moisturizing at all. Overall a disappointment.