September 20, 2014 | 1835 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Boots - Botanics Eye and Lip Correction Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

This is a rather poor gel based eye cream that stings the skin I apply to. I don't like the consistency at all because it does not sink into the skin. I might rub my eye later in the day and I end up with little balls of gel peeling off. In fact they gel tends to dry up and flake through the day, meaning it has to be washed off, otherwise I just end up with layers of solidified gel on reapplication - not something I expect from moisturising product. It leaves the eye area very shiny which looks obvious. Its hard to rub in without rubbing the eye quite hard because the gel is solid. As for winkles, well, it is actually quite hydrating so it does do something, but there are so many better products out there!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by PixieDust22791

I didn't really need anything anti aging I just wanted a good eye treatment for night time 'cause my burts bees radiance eye cream was just doing a so so job. I only get like 7 hours of sleep a night so I kind of look like hell a lot. It was expensive about $17 I believe but that's cheaper than the burts bees which is $25 So I gave boots a shot because it had really good reviews. So I would say I've been using it like 6 weeks or something. So its definitely not something to wear under makeup unless you use a very tiny amount and really rub it in. But its obvious its a night treatment. So after the first use I noticed my dark circles were going away already. My skin around my eyes looked plumper, and just healthier. I love this stuff. But what I DONT like is when I first put it on it stings a little, so I put burts bees over it because its soothing and moisturizing. And it DID give me red bumps around my eyes but I kept using it anyway and it went away. So I only use a small amount since whatever is in it irritates my eyes. Other than that I love it and it really works. I used it on my lips also but I don't really need it. It just made my lips look softer. I tried it on my whole face too and it moisturized pretty good. This is a good buy. If it does irritate your eyes a little stick it out like I did my skin got used to it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this as I noticed fine lines and signs of aging around my lips. Wrinkles were visible to me when I applied lipstick and especially after a few hours of wear and it really bothered me.

I was skeptical when I read on the bottle that whoever will use this serum will see results in 4 weeks. According to many reviewers on here it didn't change anything. However, I do see a major difference in the way the skin around my lip area looks now and looked before. I have been using this serum for about 2 months now applying it religiously every evening under or over my moisturiser before going to bed. The skin seems to be plumper and wrinkles are not as visible as they were. I am going to continue to use this product as the results are very satisfying.

This serum is one of the more expensive products from Boots Botanics range, but it is worth every penny, especially if you pick this up in Boots when there is 3 for 2 on skincare (please buy the eye makeup remover from this range too).

Highly recommended!

UPDATE 02/11/11 I wanted to take an advantage of the 3 for 2 offer in Boots and it looks like this product is no longer available. I've never managed to repurchase it:(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After all the good reviews here I was hoping this would work for me. I used it for about two weeks. At first it was fine, and I even thought it might be helping to lessen my dark circles. However after a few days the skin around my eyes started to sting when I put this on. Then my eyelids got itchy and irritated. I stopped using the serum and it went away. I guess I'll have to try again to see if the same thing happens, but maybe only use it at night. Sad, I really wanted this to work!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been suffering from a lack of sleep and people began commenting on how tired I looked. They mentioned the bags under my eyes. I knew that I needed to add moisture to the skin under my eyes and I was looking for something that would be easily absorbed and wasn't too rich. I think this moisturizer suits my needs and provides the right amount of moisture the skin under my eyes needs. I've been using this for 2 weeks now and so far I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think this works as a "first signs of aging" correction serum for the eyes and lips. It doesn't do any harm and in fact I think it's got a pretty good texture and is fairly moisturising, but as an anti aging product this gets the thumbs down from me. I'd buy it again for it's moisturising properties - especially for my lips but for anti aging I think I'll probably be looking elsewhere. You get a pretty good amount in the bottle though, I've been using it for ages and only just got past half way.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kanzen

I think I should not review it right now since I have only started using a week ago but somehow I have this intuition that this serum is not doing good on my face. I applied on my eyes and around my lips. It stings both my eyes and lips. I don't know why. And I only apply the serum around my lips on two days, it has already given me two pimples near the lips. As for the eyes, I have no comment besides it stings me badly on my upper eyelids. I will definitely update my progress when time is right. And since this is a correction serum, I actually use it on my forehead and neck where lines are formed. I am hoping maybe this serum can help on out on these areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not sure how I feel about this product. I purchased this after reading all the rave reviews on this site. I used it to the last drop. I really can't tell if it is doing anything, I don't have a ton of wrinkles yet to really be able to tell how this worked on that front. But I can say that I had no adverse effects. It seemed to be moisturizing and it worked well under my make up and occasional primer. I will say I love the packaging, I wish more companies would steer away from the pots when it came to face products! I did try it on my lips, however I kept breaking out along my upper lip. This seemed to subside after I stopped using it on my lips. While I was using it there, my lips were very soft but I guess my skin revolted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by kate38

This is the best eye cream I have ever tried... it has a lovely balmy consistency, and is SO moisturizing. It lasts for ages too. Give it a try! I've only given it 4 out of 5 because I am not sure how effective it is with fine lines and wrinkles... didn't make a massive difference for me, but maybe I need to use it for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

EDIT 3/26/10: I don't know what's happening but this stuff is the best... I started using it under my foundation and my huge pores just shrink without puckering (a big problem with any pore-minimizing product I have used!!!) you have to try this! My lips are baby smooth and my eyes have not looked this fresh in years!
ORIGINAL MESSAGE: I MUA I bought this yesterday and WOW.... this stuff is amazing. I am getting very deep wrinkles around the eyes :( and I swear in one day they have softened dramatically. NOTHING has worked on me so quickly. And, I tried it on my lips and the difference is unbelievable. This is the best thing I have ever bought (and I have spent a small fortune on a multitude of products). I have never tried Boots but am very eager to try more from this line. Great price for an amazing product! I can't wait to see how this continues to work. The consistency is great and is very moisturizing for a serum. A MUST HAVE!