September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish - 510A Light Beige Frost

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by thomasania

I will start off by saying that packaging isn't a deal breaker for me, and most people will agree that WnW packaging is simple and cheap looking. But putting all that aside, I still rate this lipstick a five.

I have picky, finicky, and quick to peel lips. I have yet to find a MAC lipstick I can wear comfortably. So I started wearing glosses and balms, but I missed the vibrancy that can be found in lipsticks. So my journey back into lipsticks begins with this $.69 beauty. The application was smooth and easy and it wore well for at least three hours before I reapplied. There was no funky smell or taste and to my surprise ... My lips did not peel or even feel dry.

This is a very neutral color, almost sheer on me, but it was noticeable and it didn't have that shiny glossy look I had become bored with in lip glosses.

For reference I am NC35 with very pigmented lips and I thought this was a very flattering shade on me.

This was definitely an encouraging experience, and I think I will be visiting the WnW display soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by CjLuikuo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this one three days ago in the mall for Php 199.00, which is cheaper than the other local cosmetic products that we have.

When you see the product on actual, it isn't beige because it is pinkish or coral-like in color but when I applied it on and took picture of myself, the color was quite orange-pink. My mother tried it on her lips as well and fortunately, it suited to her more than I did. She said that she love the shade so I'll give it to her but for now, I will be the one to use it. The staying power for me is good because it lasted for 4-5 hours.

The only thing I hate about this product is its packaging! The cap is prone to scratches and silver color on its bottom is already fading, making the product looking cheap.

Since what matters to me is the quality of the product itself and not the packaging, I therefore say that I will repurchase Silk Finish, but of another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't worn any Wet n'Wild products in over 15 years and I decided to pay a visit to an old friend by getting this lipstick.
The first thing I noticed is that the formula has vastly improved since I last remember as well as the packaging. The original formula was rather hard and somewhat difficult to apply but this time, the lipstick has a lovely creamy feel and glides on my lips with ease.
I wouldn't call this beige but a nice corally pink. It's great for that neutral lip look and it's the best MLBB lipstick I've worn so far.
And you can't beat the dirt cheap price either.
I'm Asian, NC30/C3 as a reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by anhlypham

This is one of my favorite lipsticks and also the cheapest! I got it under a buck. This color on me is phenomenal. It's a little hard to describe the color. I would definitely not call this light beige. It's a rusty reddish coral pinkish shimmery color. No one color tone really sticks out. It's sort of a muted color but it brightens up my complexion. Though there is some shimmer, it's not too noticeable as others have said. Some describe it as an 80s frosty lipstick look. I have to disagree. I have another color in a pink which seems to be more shimmery than this one. That reminded me of the 80s look.

I think this color would be flattering on most skin tones. I believe I am an NC-25.
The lasting power on this is actually pretty good. If you don't eat or drink it lasts about 4 hours.

This lipstick does not accentuate my dry lips. It makes them very smooth and hydrated. It is much better than that $14 Mac. (I only have one Mac shade though in Vegas Volt)

Ladies! You really get a bang out of your buck on this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first lipstick that I had ever purchased ever. I was a total lipstick newbie when I happened upon this.
I don't understand why the website calls it "Light Beige Frost" because when I put it on my lips it shows up as a very pretty berry colour that enhances the natural colour of my lips. The colour is just amazing and actually shows up on my lips which are fairly pigmented. This colour is a great everyday colour for me because it's like my natural lip colour, but with a hint of berry.
It goes on very smoothly which was suprisingly nice. It's much more moisturizing to me then Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick in "Pink In The Afternoon" (the second lipstick I purchased) which drags and dries out my lips.
I wish the packaging wasn't so flimsy and cheap though. I've nicked my lipstick multiple times because I can't wind it all the way down. The packaging is actually quite revolting as it looks like Wet n Wild picked the cheapest packaging you can find.
I bought it for about 1-2 dollas CDN and the packaging looks like it isn't even worth $1. Though the product itself is actually amazing and I love it.
I will be repurchasing even though the packaging is horrible. The colour and the formula is THAT incredible!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my very first lipsticks. i really love it! it shows up as a berry color on my skin tone for some reason but i like it. it enhances the natural color of my lips, its smooth and light not drying at all and for the price you cant beat it! it dosent look frosty to me more glossy but of its really bothering me ill just blot it and add lip balm on top am good to go. for a dollar its pretty impressive. will defiantly repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by stillnquiet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, this is the first lipstick I've ever bought. As a lipstick, I think it's really good. The packaging is so-so, but it's the cheapest lipstick i found (and I like that!)
But the colour is extremely weird on me. it is really shimmery and its a weird pink, but I think it's just my skin tone.
I would probably try the other colours since its so cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by vadaaa

I havent really warmed up to this product yet. It makes my lips look VERY frosty if i accidentally apply too much. I dont really like the frosty finish, would much rather have the natural-bi beige come through more :/ I will edit this if i warm up to it, but i dont think i will, It just doesnt look natural on my pale skin tone :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this lipstick because a) It had pretty good color payoff & texture and b) It was only $1 at Kmart (not even on sale). Unfortunately, the color it produced over my already-pink pigmented lips combined w/my warm NC42 skin tone just produced a color that was way, WAY too magenta for all intents & purposes.

May work for those who have cooler undertones & nude lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

For just a dollar, its really not bad. The packaging sucks, but that's expected for the price. The color is definitly NOT a light beige. It's frosty, yes, but beige? Its more of a reddish coral with shimmer. Its a MLBB color, which is always great. Its smooth and has a shine, so no need for a gloss. Its definitely not the most longwearing formula, but I wasn't looking for that in this lipstick, so no harm done. Overall, I do like this lipstick and would probably repurchase.