April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Bajik Spa Crushed Rice and Sugar Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I begged my sister to buy this for me when she worked at TBS, and she finally gave in. Well, I'm not thrilled with it. The consistency is mushy. I definitely prefer a firmer scrub. The crushed rice and sugar exfoliate the skin, but the coconut, kukui and mango seed oils leave my skin with a greasy film. I like to feel sparkling clean after my shower so this leaves way too much oil behind. Also the jar can be awkward to handle with slippery hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Bajik Spa Crushed Rice & Sugar Scrub was a disappointment. It smelled wonderful, just like the Body Cream and Spray on Moisturizer. However, as a scrub, it was just plain 'ole weird. Sadly, I believe this line has been discontinued. Loved the line while it lasted... Hope they bring it back one day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2006 4:34:00 AM More reviews by muurrrz

I got this as a birthday present and thank goodness for that or else I would have wasted CAD 28. I usually use a scrub before actually cleaning with a shower gel/cream. This scrub left me feeling 'dirtier' than before the shower. It left a film on my skin that I can't seem to wash off. Scrubs, in my opinion, are supposed to leave your skin feeling silky and smooth, but this scrub does not. In fact, it leaves my skin feeling sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Strangest texture-the liquidy base is almost runny, and the sugar beads(rice beads?) have to be broken up by you and rubbed into the skin. Interesting...scent is nice, but I don't like scrubs that leave oily residuebehind on my skin. (when will TBS learn to reformulate 90% of their scrubs-ugh!) I also agree with the review that says it gets slippery to open, and water pours in like no other. Price is very steep-I bought a trial size for $3 and even regret that. Full price is just insane at almost $2 an ounce! No, I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good scrub. Works well. Decent scent. Might buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Dim

Thank God I didn't buy this, I got it as a Christmas present. Body scrubs are right up my alley except this one made me feel like I just rolled around in crisco. It was so greasy I had to use St. Ive's apricot scrub all over my body to get it off. This is probably good only if you have very dry skin and even then you should use it in tiny amounts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

First of all, let me say that I prefer a coarse scrub. That being said, the small granules in this scrub are pretty pitiful. I use scrubs every day, and while this one is not totally ineffective and does smell good, for practically the same price, you can get Philosophy's Amazing Grace- a far superior scrub, and over 3 times the amount for the same price. Be careful not to get water in this- you'll end up with a watery, soupy scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by lahgreen2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample of this when I bought some Body Shop products, and I really like it! It smells amazing and leaves my skin smooth. It was much less harsh than a salt scrub or other exfoliating scrubs I've used. The sample was so small that I can't properly evaluate it, but I'd definitely buy the full-size to try it out over a week or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by melaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It smells great, and is not too harsh. My skin feels very soft after I use it. I use it every other day. My jar is about 1/2 empty and I still love it. It is a little expensive since I use it so often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2002 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mojo43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Heaven! This stuff smells wonderful and is medium/course in texture. It starts out a little rough, but then mellows to finer grains. It rinses off easily and leaves my skin feeling very soft - I use this once a week. Note: The jar is hard to deal with in the shower - a tube would be much easier to handle. $24.00