November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Lip Color - Italian Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is currently my fav MLBB. It is creamy,well lasting and most importantly does not dry out my chronically dry lips. I would most definitely repurchase as the story of my life is that I find the perfect make up item and then it gets discontinued. I think I need to get another one soon to add to my back up stash. Bobbi Brown cosmetics are a bit hit or miss with me but the ones that work out are really HG...some of the matte eyeshadows, the eye shadow sticks and my beloved Extra SPF 25 tinted moisture cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Bobbi Brown makeup artist chose this as my MLBB lippie, and it truly is. My lips are slightly pigmented, and this basically just enhances the exact color they naturally are. Plus the Creamy Lip Color feels divine. Very moisturizing, and when it wears off, my lips don't have that awful moisture craving that some lipsticks can cause.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by labrady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a lipstick whore, er, junkie, but I can see buying this again and again. It's really the perfect MLBB shade: it's super natural and soft, but also brightens my face. Two people have also told me it makes my eyes pop, but I'm not positive I believe it. :-) It's a standard Bobbi shade: rosey-brown with some degree of pink in it. This one doesn't have much "pink" (more rosy-brown) and it's neutral but maybe one-quarter step on the warm side of neutral. My lips are very pigmented and this adds just a touch of color to them. It's fairly opaque, definitely a lipstick rather than a gloss or tinted balm, but it's v creamy in a nice way. It wears fairly well for such a creamy shade, but I'm not a good judge of that because I have to reapply any and all lip products constantly. It's not a shade that really builds. I mean, multiple coats obviously makes it look a little darker, but it basically is what it is. It's perfect with Antigua (my constant go-to bronzer-blush) and Chanel's Rose Ecrin blush (another fave) for a super soft, natural, working-at-home-on-a-Tuesday look. Oh, incidentally, while not an exact dupe, Revlon's Lip Butter in Pink Truffle is similar. Pink Truffle is a little lighter in texture and a smidge more brown/warm, but it's also $6 to Italian Rose's $24. On the other hand, the magic in a shade like this is that it's EXACTLY the right one for your complexion; one step too cool/warm, pink/brown and it's a big meh. I guess that's why BB has 10,000 rosy-brown lipsticks (and 20,000 beige eye shadows). Anyway, if you love a rosy-brown MLBB that isn't too cool, this could be your lip. It might be an actual HG for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is such a pretty color. I really like this soft rose that's neither too warm, nor too cool. The texture is wonderful. I really like this a lot and highly reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great MLBB colour, rose but warm and clear. Comfortable formula, moist but not sticky and wears long. Brightens your face but in subtle way. This is a great formula and colour when you want a discreet day-time makeup. Packaging is nice too - black square matellic and easy to apply with the bias cut top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought 2 of these (the other one is a golden pink). i dont reach for them much because the formula is a bit dry. when i put it on my lips, theres some drag. the colors are nice, nothing spectacular. italian rose is a shimmery berry on my pigmented asian lips. the golden pink one was much brighter and i reach for that more than this color. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I had to buy this lipstick after reading the reviews for it here on this website. I have not been disappointed! I have chronically dry lips and this lipstick had been perfect for them! I feel like the quality of my lips has improved since I started wearing this lipstick.

I like the colour - it is a little darker than my natural lip colour but along the same tone. Perfect for work or for other occasions where you want to appear polished rather than made up. It lasts quite well although it is definitely not the longest lasting formula I have ever worn. That said I still ove the formula and would rather have the moisturised lips over long-lasting drying lipsticks!

The finish is lovely. It is not completely matte but not overly glossy. I am looking for a suitable glossy to wear over the top of this for those days when I want a glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a bad MUAer by not reviewing this sooner, since it's my HG lipcolor. I absolutely love the color of this -- it's a MLBB color, but unlike other shades like this, it doesn't wash me out. The color is rose with a hint of berry. It's on the cool side but has a kiss of warmth to it. It may look a bit scary in the tube, but the coverage is on the sheer side, which adds to the natural look of it. It can be applied heavily for more color, but I like a light coat. I would say this color suits light to medium tones. It might suit darker tones if applied generously, but I would recommend trying it first.

As to the formula, this is slightly glossy on my lips but it's definitely not a lipgloss. It just gives an attractive sheen. It's not as long-lasting as I would like, but it fades nicely. It's so natural-looking on me that sometimes the only way I can tell if it's all gone is that my lips feel dry. I have bought several tubes of this & will continue to do so, unless I find a similar color that is longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

For reference, I'm a L'Oreal True Match W3 with fairly pigmented reddish lips.
This lipstick is a tad expensive, but then it is Bobbi Brown. The formula is very creamy, glides on smoothly, and is, shockingly, almost matte. I think this color is extremely flattering on almost anyone, as long as they aren't too fair.
Color: Velvety dusty rose, very strongly pink on me.
Packaging: Sturdy, high quality black tube, but boring and standard.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

I really love the long-lasting formula and packaging for this, but unfortunately the shade didn't work for me. I love Rose Petal, but wanted something a bit more dramatic. It looks like a pinky brown shade in the tube, but when I apply, it looks like brownish with orangey/red undertones. I have very pale yellow-toned skin and dark hair, so I thought it would work. Too bad! I was also frustrated to find out the products are significantly more expensive in Canada, sometimes over $10 more per small item. Annoying when I live close to the border!