December 20, 2014 | 1467 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine in Misty Rose

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

Misty Rose is a great neutral, go-to-colour for me. In one coat, it's sheer but it looks very natural and sophisticated. In two to three coats, it's very opaque. For my skin colour, it's like my nails but better. It's extremely cheap and I will definitely repurchase. In terms of wear and longevity, it's alright. I've worn it numerous of times and the average is three days. I have it on right now and only the nails on my right hand have chipped and it's been almost four days. It's still going strong for my left hand. I think it's because I use my right hand more to open lids, bottles, everything and so it's easier to nick and chip it. But for its price and colour, it's definitely worth a repurchase. I'm about almost half way done with my bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by longereyelashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty color. It's sort of a pale nude lavender with hints of gray and pink. It's sheer with one coat, as others have said, but I like how it looks with one coat-almost like I'm wearing no nail polish. The consistency is really nice, thin the way I like it, and it goes on quite smoothly. It also lasts longer than most Wet 'n' Wild polishes. If you're looking for a natural pinkish color, give Misty Rose a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by gosh_grace

gorgeous gorgeous color but it chips on the first day!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Raeyi

This is a good semi-sheer nail polish with two coats applied. I just tried it last night, so I can't review wear (yet, will update), but the reason I would not repurchase is because the color is not what I thought it looked like in the bottle. I thought it was a rosy-taupe kind of color that changed to a gold, but it's just a rose shade with a bit of gold highlight. I'll add pics to this or to the review page soon. EDIT: no pics from me, I ended up removing this because I got tred of the color...And gave the bottle to my mom, lol, who likes rosy-taupe sheer colors.

It was sheer (but not too terrible looking) with one coat, and nearly opaque with two coats (I can still see the white tip of my nail pretty clearly), but the polish applied very smoothly and there was little streaking. Overall, I was just disappointed in the shade, not the polish formula. So check it out in the store and see what you think, for only $1 (US), there's not much to lose. ;) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW. Pretty impressive for 99 cents!
Misty Rose (436A) is a soft, almost nude rosy shimmer. Very flattering color, goes on perfectly and with no streaks. I did 2 coats, and got excellent coverage, three would be even better. It had been 2 days, one shower, several hand washings, and 2x washing dishes and so far, no chips! Of course I used a top coat, and a good one...(I don't see it here on Makeupalley - it is called "INM-LOOKS WET Ultra High Gloss Topcoat" for about $1.49 at ImageBeauty.com.)
So anyway, with a decent top coat, this polish wears as well as any other! Love the color, very nuetral and feminine. Time will tell of the true quality of this polish. I will come back and update to let you know if it turns thick very quickly in the bottle, which happens alot with the cheap brands. Still, for .99, this is a great line if you want to experiment with a funky color or need something for a special occasion that you know you will only wear once.

Update: this held up pretty well on my nails, 2 days before chips, which is good for me, since my hands are in water alot. I picked up another color, Lavender Pearlescent, a cooler medium frosty pink. Sort of sheer, but coverage with 2 coats is good, 3 would be excellent. For the price, these are a great value, with some very pretty colors. With a decent topcoat, I highly recommend!