August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Spin Cycle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Spin Cycle makes me feel like a sex kitten! It's a shimmery pale champagne pink that just goes amazing with black liquid liner. I use it as an allover wash, but it would also make a good highlight color.

By itself it gives a very subtle sheen and not much color, but I like to wear it with UDPP in Sin for a more intense metallic look. By itself it's not terribly pigmented, so definitely try it with a primer of some sort. The staying power without a base is so-so, but all (and I mean ALL) eyeshadows crease on me without a base, so I don't consider that a flaw of the product.

I got this in a sample size, which is a pretty generous amount for a sample - I won't run out of this for a while, but when I do, I will be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this eyeshadow! Its a soft pink. I like to use it wet for a more sparkled look. I love EM they are cheap in price but not in product! I get samples to try out colors and they last FOREVER! I think it costs $2.50. Come on you can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Spin Cycle is very close in color to Good China but Spin Cycle is more of a pale baby pink and Good China is a more nude pink. Spin Cycle has lots of shimmer and shows up better on the eye but it is slighty pinker. The pink color is sheer and looks natural. I used w/ UDPP and it lasted all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would describe this colour to be exactly like a pink pearl, with the same finish. It has a sheen to it with some sparkle and a very light elegant colour. I always use it as a highlighter, and sometimes as an all over lid colour and it is just gorgeous. Its great used on its own because it adds just the right amount of colour, or it can be paired with a darker contour colour. I like it by itself however. I will buy this again but I don't think I'll be running out if it any time soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth81

I really like this shadow. I got it as a throw in in a swap and it has turned out to be something I use about twice a week. It's a fantastic base, all over color, or highlight for when I'm doing warm looks. It has a tidge of sparkle that is subtle and by no means overwhelming. It's one of the few eye shadows that I really do love and would actually be sad if I lost.

I'm knocking a couple lippies off for two reasons. 1) To get the full effect of this shadow I have to apply it wet. It can be a hassle, but if I don't apply it wet it barely shows up at all. When I do apply it wet it's warm and beautiful. But still, it's a pain. 2) I hate hate loose eye shadows. They're a mess and I generally don't go for them, even if I'm intrigued by the color.

I think I'd use this shade twice as much as I do already if I didn't have to apply it wet and if it were not a loose shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shade is very much like that of a pearl. In fact when I wear it I feel like I've just turned my eye lids into pearls haha.

Its a light color with a pink sheen to it. It's nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just lovely! It reminds me of On The Phone with a bit more pink to it and with some extra pearly sheen. It's basically a soft, baby pink. It looks really fresh on the lid with another deeper shade in the crease and lashings of black mascara. I can see this working well as a highlight on the brow bone too. I like to use my eye kabuki brush to pick up the colour and stipple it on to the lid for best results. I normally have to be wary of pink eyeshadow. Some shades make me look tired or beaten up (lol) but this one is very nice on my warm PPP skin (I'm Buff Perfect in EM). A new staple in my eyeshadow collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 3:19:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is similar to Alima's Mink shadow, but is pinker. It looks beigey-champagne in the pot, but actually applies more pinkish and with a hint of iridescence to it. (Alima's Mink is more iridescent and has more brown, this is more of a pink shimmer on top of the champagne/beige but you see more pink). Very silky and easy to use in the browbone as a highlighter, or makes a perfect lid color with a darker crease color, and a very light highlighter like Chamomile or Floating Feathers. I love workable neutrals that you can wear all over; EM has several of them in their eyeshadow collection. I couldn't believe how pretty this one was when I put it on. The name sounds kind of blah...it's not. Get a small (sample) size and check it out...goes with so many things! Very flattering. Good staying power, I applied dry with an eyeshadow base (UDPP) over the whole eye area, I used my finger to apply in the brownbone; later I used it as a lid color with just a regular brush with UDPP first as a base and it worked great.
Highly recommend. Don't let the hoh-hum name fool you. This is one of their best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I looove this color. Its a nice, simple, everyday color I can wear to work, or underneath other colors to make them pop for the evening! I like that if I want a little something on my lids to make me look a bit more awake, I can dip my finger in and swip a bit over my lid, and I look bright and awake! I love it, and if I ever run out(which seems impossible since the pots they give you are huge)...I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by karensanford

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why they called this Spin Cycle, except that it's about as exciting as doing laundry. This is my first mineral eyeshadow. In the jar, it looks like a very pale, shimmery grayish champagne pink. However, on me it was simply a colorless wash of shimmer. I did a nice neutral nude eye using it as a base, so that's something. It would probably be a good blending color. I will likely keep this a while, but I can't imagine repurchasing, and it's definitely dupable a million times over. On the plus side, I used UDPP and it lasted all day through extremely hot, sweaty weather, and crying/wiping eyes while cutting onions. Oh, and there is virtually no pigment in this product--not sure if this is MMU shadows in general, or just this color. Bleh.