Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeliner- Velvet Black

2.8

on 8/10/2013 1:06:00 PM

I used to use this stuff years ago and loved it, it never smudged, stayed on all day but i started using another brand because i felt it was too expensive. Just recently bought the Revlon pencil again, and just like the other viewers said, it smudges horribly all over my brow bone within minutes of putting it on. I also have Maybelline Stilleto LIquid Liner which i use occasionally also so what i did was apply the Revlon pencil, then apply the Liquid over it to "seal" it so it doesnt smudge. Problem solved.

on 8/6/2013 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the worst eyeliner ever!!! It smudges like crazy under my eyes within a few seconds of application. I hate it hate it hate it.. Cannot stress it enough. Please do not buy this at all.

on 12/8/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Applies very easily and looks fine right after application. Starts to smudge and fade after the first hour, by the second hour the bottom line almost completely disappeared, and the top line is very smudged. Very much on the lower end of drugstore quality.

on 11/29/2012 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

If you like raccoon eyes this is for you

on 10/6/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This eyeliner smudged like crazy. So embarrassing to look into the mirror and see black flakes and clumps everywhere.

on 5/2/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, I like this eye liner. It applies fairly dark and smooth, itís easy to blend where needed and works well for both a bold line and a smoky look. I find that mid-day it does fade and smudge a bit leaving a residue on the top of my eyelid (loses some points here).
Will I buy it again? I said yes, although I might try a few others before I come back to it. Although it applies dark, I would prefer if it was a bit darker and if it lasted longer. Nonetheless, itís a good pencil liner for the price.

on 12/20/2010 2:35:00 PM

Would NOT recommend this product if you want a clean, smudge-proof eyeliner. I know some eyeliners are supposed to smudge, which is what I was looking for, but this eyeliner smudges wayyy too much, as it goes onto my upper eyelid. I have to be very careful when applying, drawing a very thin line. I have also found out from experience that this should not be used as an eyeliner for the lower eyelid, as it has just too much pigmentation. If I do use it for the lower eyelid, I literally only have to make a small dot, then smudge it on the lid, that's how pigmented this eyeliner is. The only good thing about it is the colour, it has a very nice dark black that is nice for a touch of drama, or to spice-up a boring daily makeup routine.

on 11/16/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!! why is this eyeliner getting sucha bad reviews!! THIS IS THE BEST EYELINER EVER! i have been usesing it for 3 years now and i keep coming back for moree! my god! it blends so well and that perfect sponge!!

on 11/2/2010 8:39:00 PM

I love this eyeliner! It stayed on all day, without smudging, and I have only found one other eyeliner that does that (Revlon Colorstay). It goes on really smooth and it's very creamy. Will definitely buy again.

on 9/7/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was drawn to this eyeliner because firstly I'm a big sucker for packaging. It kind of reminds me of the Estee Lauder Artist Eye Pencils (which I heart). The gold detailing on the packaging definitely makes it look luxourious. The other reason I purcashed it is because I love when eyeliners come with that handy sponge-tip on the opposite end. The eyeliner itself comes out very creamy and it is easy to blend with the sponge tip. I tend to have issues with eyeliners that are a bit too creamy because I have oily eyelids and my eyeliner always ends up transferrirng or smearing. I usually will set this eyeliner with a black eyeshadow, but I still find that it transfers. The other issue I have with this eyeliner is that the color tends to turn kind of a dark blue/black throughout the day. Almost like a midnight blue. It's very odd. I don't like. I wouldn't purchase again, but it's not a terrible product. It's just not for me.