August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Hair Color - Roux Fanci-Full Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Nika86

I am a natural blonde who has been dyeing my hair dark for many years. Lately I have noticed that when my roots start to grow in it can look like my hair is significantly thinning. After reading the reviews I decided this was a product worth trying and was pleasantly surprised. It is new years eve and I didn't want to mess around with dye for my roots (knowing I will likely regret it) so I put this in liberally after my shower. I wore gloves as others said it can stain the hands. I can't believe the colour difference in my roots, they look perfect, and after blow drying I have a ton of volume. I wouldn't air dry this product because it goes rather stiff. Other than my hair feeling a bit on the dry side (which is typical with any mousse, I find) I can't find a single complaint. I only wish my grandmother had recommended this stuff to me years ago!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love to put this mousse on wet to make my pixie air dry nice before I use some sort of pomade when it's dry. It does tone my platinum hair! It's a nice, non crunchy mousse.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I only wish there was a zero lippie available. I asked the clerk in Sallys if she had any feedback on this color toning mousse. She said they sell a lot. All I can say is: it must not be to the same person twice! No color (#56 Bashful Blonde) and not in the least conditioning or detangling (not that they claim that). Maybe it would be okay for adding body but I had to rinse it out to apply my beloved Roux Fanci-full Rinse. The rinse is great but this mousse is a total waste of money as far as toning is concerned. EDIT: I forgot to say my hair is bleached medium beige (not bleached white). Perhaps, a darker shade would have given some color but I still do not like the texture result.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am always looking for ways to make my reddish brown hair look more reddish so I thought I'd give this mousse a try in lucky copper. It really isn't copper, it's more of a dark auburn and it really does darken my hair. That being said, it does make it more reddish but you really can only tell that in full sun! I wouldn't buy it again in this color because of how dark it does come out. Also, until it's dry, it will rub off on towels, clothes and pillowcases, etc. I haven't seen in if washes out of that yet but be careful when using it 'til it is fully dried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this in lucky copper hoping that it would brighten my hair and touch up my roots. When I opened it the color was a tea colored reddish brown I'm irritated because I thought I was buying something for copper colored hair and this is more suitable for like an auburn color. The formula itself is not bad but be careful because it stains.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Plat38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yet again this Mousse has come to my Rescue!. I re-dyed my hair over the week-end a medium ash beigy blonde, and it was still a bit orangy/Yellow in some places, so i used Rusk's Sensories Bright Shampoo, which i just wrote a review for, and it helped alot, But Wow! I used this Mousse, in the shade #18 Spun Sand, and it REALLY helped to take out the Brassiness even more!. And enhanced my hair, making it ashier looking. I found a bottle of this that i had had for a while, and decided to retry it again. I'm glad i did!!.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by mochakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would try this in Chocolate Kiss (or whatever Brown color they have), to see if it could camouflage my grey roots in-between colorings. I have analyzed all the other products out there (Hairmarker, etc., ) and I felt that this would present the best solution for me *if* it actually toned the grey down.

Wow, I am impressed. It's not perfect by any means, however, following washing and towel-drying, I went ahead and spread the product throughout my whole hair. I blow-dried and styled, and it did the trick. Grey roots are sufficiently dulled down, and if I can get away with a dry shampoo for a day or two, awesome, I won't have to go through it again.

It wasn't very messy and didn't have a noticeable scent. You must wash your hands vigorously after using this product, but for the price and effectiveness, it's all systems go for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a review on the rinse in Ultra White Minx which works great, but I like this stuff better. I don't have to use as much product and my hair is white, and that is what I want.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hnjpink

I just tried this in Lucky Copper because I was dressing up as Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. I got it at Sally's Beauty, it was around $9 and didn't do anything to my hair except lightend it a smidge but nobody noticed it so it was a complete waste of my money and time. It was extremelly messy and permanetly stained my bath towels. I would not recommend this product although it didn't help me, I heard it sometimes works better on lighter colored hair. But personally I think the designers of this product should make it adaptable for anyone to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So happy to see this product reviewed here.

Like the other reviewer, I've found this is great for toning down, or neutralizing my highlights.

In my experience, it can weigh your hair down if applied too liberally, but just a small amount will help your color and give you a bit of volume too. continued >>