April 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE volume and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worth a purchase!

Before I rave about this product, just wanted to mention that I've noticed some reviews advising that, it's really difficult to remove this mascara. Thankfully, I haven't experienced anything like that at all. I use Bioderma Sebium H20 for combination skin (blue/green bottle) and the mascara just glides right off! I can even see remnants of the fiberwig on my cotton balls.

**EDIT** - Besides Bioderma, I've recently started using SkinFood's Milkshake Point Remover to get wipe off the mascara and it works really well!

I've been using Latisse for the past 2 years to help my stumpy asian lashes, resulting in an increase in the amount and length of my lashes. I've also been using Benefit's It's Real mascara and can safely say the Kiss Me Volume & Curl is far better.

The Kiss Me mascara does increase the volume of my lashes and holds the curl from my Utowa eyelasher curler. Best of all, it has real staying power and I haven't noticed any smudging at the end of a long day. The wand does get a bit messy with product sometimes though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by paranoka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara that works for me. I have short, thin, Asian lashes that tend to point down or stick out straight and this mascara, along with an eyelash curler, gives them quite nice volume that lasts all day :^) A common complaint with this mascara is that it's difficult to remove - I've found that Vaseline works really well. I just apply some Vaseline to my eyelashes with my fingers, wait a few seconds, then wipe most it off with some q-tips. If I need to, i'll use a cotton pad to /gently/ wipe off the rest of the mascara.

Don't get ripped off by others on the price of this product - this is drugstore mascara. Amazon sells it for $10 and eBay goes even lower. Can't believe there are people paying $30 for this!

Pros:
+ EXTREMELY waterproof, held up to rain and crying
+ holds curl
+ lengthens and volumizes
+ brush shape lets me reach inner and outer corners easily

Cons:
- EXTREMELY waterproof...You'll need Vaseline or an oil-based makeup remover
- hard to add extra coats if the mascara is already dried on the lashes...apply kind of fast
- smudges just a little bit after 8+ hours

EDIT: Screw Vaseline. I bought the Heroine Make Mascara remover and I'm never going back. It's so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cokobean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I have been looking for YEARS on end for a good waterproof mascara that would last me throughout the day, hold a curl and lengthens/volumizes. I've tried Lancome, Chanel, Maybelline, Benefit, Dior, you name it... nothing holds up to this! I have cried, swam in the ocean and been caught in the rain with this mascara on and it stayed put!

While it is hard to get off, I use an oil based eye makeup remover and it comes off fine for the most part. It is dirt cheap in Asia and so far it is the only thing that works for me. If you have long, straight asian lashes, give this a try! Love love love. I'll wear this forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by alt629

After one coat, there wasn't much of a difference from my natural lashes. I put a second coat on to reach the thickness that I like. It was pretty black, probably blacker than my usual mascara (MAC Zoom Lash which I find to be a one-coater). My lashes felt stiff all day, and when it came time to take the mascara off, it definitely required some work. I tried DHC cleansing oil first and followed up with a Neutrogena makeup remover; eventually, with a lot of scrubbing, it came off. (The brand does sell a wanded mascara remover and one in more traditional packaging; I wondered if I really needed that when I bought the mascara, and I think the answer is yes.) For me, nothing about it stood out, and I hated how hard it was to remove. I'm sticking with my Zoom Lash. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

Great mascara for holding the curl for my stubborn lashes. It does add a little volume. I only wear mascara to blend my lashes into my fake lashes and this does the job perfectly. The wand isn't that great and has a tendency to pick up a lot more product than needed. I have to scrap a lot of it off before I can apply or else it looks clumpy and heavy. Price is good compared to the only other product that kept my curl Shiseido Nourishing mascara base. I have no difficulty removing this with my L'oreal gentle eye and lip make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by RiceBom

Info: I have lashes that point straight down, fairly long but they are thin.
This is actually the only mascara I use as it's the only one that holds the curl for me. I've used it for about 1.5 years now and have 2 tubes that I alternate ( don't ask me why haha) The most important thing when using this is to make sure that there isn't too much product on the brush. I hated it until I brushed it off on the little cap when pulling it out and it's amazing. I purchased it for $16 at an asian makeup supply store in Canada. Depending on where you go, it may be higher.

Pros:
- Lengthens a good amount.
- Definitely volumizes.
- Brush shape allows you to reach inner and outer corners.
-Waterproof. It's passed the crying test and the rain test. Zero smudging, but I cried and dabbed with a tissue and it looses it's curl a bit.
-Has little fibers

Cons:
-I have quite oily lids/skin and I find after about 7+ hours, I find it to smudge a tad bit underneath, right in the outer corners. My lids annihilate every other mascara I've tried though so this is okay in my book.
- You will need a strong makeup remover. I use DHC's cleansing oil.

I use this for a fairly natural, pretty lash effect. I detest the spider leg effect and this does the job for me. Layering will make it look fuller but be sure to have a metal lash comb ready to work with any odd clumps. Another tip is to layer when it's still wet; layering while it's dry isn't the best

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Nadiaadaira

Amazing! This WILL make your lashes look like false lashes. There's a lot of volume with this and you dont need many coats to achieve a great look. It seems to have lengthened my lashes alot too!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

this mascara sits really well at first. the product goes on really well and its really black. its difficult to do up my lower lashes though - probably coz i am chinese and have really short and sparse lower lashes.

Unfortunately, towards the end of the day, there will be some dark rings on the underside of my eyes =(. It is also terrible to take off - i got to use the mascara remover Heroine make sells, and wait it out before wiping it off with the Faceshop eye and lip wipes that i have. Despite that, there will still be clumps stuck onto my eyelash. If diligent, i will use my DHC make up remover but i rather not since i had an acne outbreak last year.

so, i still need to hunt for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the most easy to apply mascara, I bought a Tweezerman lash comb after I got this mascara to be able to smooth out any clumps and help make my lashes evenly coated. I put the wand at the base of my lashes, and coat the tips of my lashes, and comb through. Once my lashes are dry (semi-matte and dark, dark black), they are SET for the day: this is the only mascara that does not cause any smudging under my eyes. This mascara costs twice what I usually pay for a mascara, but I think it's worth it. I love wearing this, and nothing else on my eyes: I don't have to think about my eye makeup all day long! Of course, as mentioned in other reviews, this stuff is a bitch to remove. I take it off with oil cleansing, and it definitely helps to manually remove this stuff with a towel or cotton to get it all off. I want to try the other varieties from this line!

EDIT: one day this mascara smudged on me and I didn't check all day cause I trusted the mascara not to budge! It's not infallible and I have gotten panda eyes from this stuff: I'm not going to purchase it again, however. $20 is too expensive for a mascara that smudges randomly: I would only pay that much if it never smudged.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, Chinese short/sparse lashes.

For the Volume and Curl version, this wand is the baby sister of Lancome's Dolly version (big triangle vs little triangle shape) and definitely preferred over the Long and Curl for my type of lashes.

That said, I wouldn't go out of my way to order this from Asia, so only would pick it up while travelling there.