December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE volume and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I'm always looking for a mascara that will keep my lashes curled while somewhat volumising. In summary, I think this mascara definitely keeps lashes curled and I don't need to curl again after applying mascara (but if you want to have super curled lashes then you can go ahead and do that) and I think it lengthens quite well too, but despite its name 'VOLUME and curl', i don't think it adds that much volume. Maybe apart from the fact that i got the mascara in black so my lashes look somewhat thicker because they look a bit darker. But I didn't expect it to be super volumising anyway after reading many reviews and the mascara formula is quite watery as well so I think that's why it doesn't volumise lashes as well but keeps curls intact because the formula isn't so thick and heavy.

I'd also suggest buying the special mascara remover this brand has for this mascara. I tried using numerous wipes and makeup removers and the mascara (note: I have the waterproof version) doesn't budge! There's a pack including the mascara and the mascara remover out there which I got from sasa.com and it's only about $2 more expensive than buying the mascara by itself, so if you're remotely interested in this mascara I would suggest looking for this two-pack. Otherwise, it's a fantastic mascara superior to many drugstore mascaras I've tried BUT I'd still like to find one that is a bit more volumising. If such a mascara doesn't exist, this will do. And I'm gonna keep repurchasing.

Other pros about this mascara: it doesn't really clump, the thin mascara brush makes it so much easier to get to the outer and inner corners of the eyes, and it's not expensive. I got it plus the mascara remover for around $16AUD on Sasa.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by tellyhigh

I used quite a few mascaras from Maybelline and Japanese brands. This mascara is good!

I used a Shu Uemura eyelash curler before this and my eyelahes curled properly till the end of the day. It also dries up quickly. It did provide volume but not as much as I expected it to. It lengthens quite a bit as well. Also, as mentioned by other reviewers, it is really waterproof!

Still looking out for my HG mascara and will explore more Japanese brands!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by fychen

First off, I have straight lashes and can only use waterproof mascaras to hold the curls. I have been using this one along side my current favorite Urban Decay Cannonball mascara, just test this one out. I have to go say I don't think I will re-purchase this again. The wand isn't the easiest to work with, the formula made my lashes feel really stiff, and it is harder to take off at night compare to Cannonball. Both of these mascaras gave my lashes an overall similar look and held the curls well though. But Cannonball was less clumpy and separated out my lashes much better, giving them more of a natural look rather than spidery. That being said, I don't think Kiss Me Heroine Make volume and curl is a bad mascara. I just have found better =)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by llissie07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought because of the awesome experience with the long and curl version. To my disappointment, this product doesn't give volume at all! Plus I really hate the wand-brush. It doesn't fit my lashes and is a pain to navigate around (took off one lippie for this). This is basically the long and curl version wrapped in 'volume and curl' packaging. Putting aside the annoying wand this is still a good mascara but don't buy it if you're looking for something that will give volume - it disappoints. So, not buying this again, I'll just stick to the long and curl version.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worth a purchase!

Before I rave about this product, just wanted to mention that I've noticed some reviews advising that, it's really difficult to remove this mascara. Thankfully, I haven't experienced anything like that at all. I use Bioderma Sebium H20 for combination skin (blue/green bottle) and the mascara just glides right off! I can even see remnants of the fiberwig on my cotton balls.

**EDIT** - Besides Bioderma, I've recently started using SkinFood's Milkshake Point Remover to get wipe off the mascara and it works really well!

I've been using Latisse for the past 2 years to help my stumpy asian lashes, resulting in an increase in the amount and length of my lashes. I've also been using Benefit's It's Real mascara and can safely say the Kiss Me Volume & Curl is far better.

The Kiss Me mascara does increase the volume of my lashes and holds the curl from my Utowa eyelasher curler. Best of all, it has real staying power and I haven't noticed any smudging at the end of a long day. The wand does get a bit messy with product sometimes though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by paranoka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara that works for me. I have short, thin, Asian lashes that tend to point down or stick out straight and this mascara, along with an eyelash curler, gives them quite nice volume that lasts all day :^) A common complaint with this mascara is that it's difficult to remove - I've found that Vaseline works really well. I just apply some Vaseline to my eyelashes with my fingers, wait a few seconds, then wipe most it off with some q-tips. If I need to, i'll use a cotton pad to /gently/ wipe off the rest of the mascara.

Don't get ripped off by others on the price of this product - this is drugstore mascara. Amazon sells it for $10 and eBay goes even lower. Can't believe there are people paying $30 for this!

Pros:
+ EXTREMELY waterproof, held up to rain and crying
+ holds curl
+ lengthens and volumizes
+ brush shape lets me reach inner and outer corners easily

Cons:
- EXTREMELY waterproof...You'll need Vaseline or an oil-based makeup remover
- hard to add extra coats if the mascara is already dried on the lashes...apply kind of fast
- smudges just a little bit after 8+ hours

EDIT: Screw Vaseline. I bought the Heroine Make Mascara remover and I'm never going back. It's so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cokobean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I have been looking for YEARS on end for a good waterproof mascara that would last me throughout the day, hold a curl and lengthens/volumizes. I've tried Lancome, Chanel, Maybelline, Benefit, Dior, you name it... nothing holds up to this! I have cried, swam in the ocean and been caught in the rain with this mascara on and it stayed put!

While it is hard to get off, I use an oil based eye makeup remover and it comes off fine for the most part. It is dirt cheap in Asia and so far it is the only thing that works for me. If you have long, straight asian lashes, give this a try! Love love love. I'll wear this forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by alt629

After one coat, there wasn't much of a difference from my natural lashes. I put a second coat on to reach the thickness that I like. It was pretty black, probably blacker than my usual mascara (MAC Zoom Lash which I find to be a one-coater). My lashes felt stiff all day, and when it came time to take the mascara off, it definitely required some work. I tried DHC cleansing oil first and followed up with a Neutrogena makeup remover; eventually, with a lot of scrubbing, it came off. (The brand does sell a wanded mascara remover and one in more traditional packaging; I wondered if I really needed that when I bought the mascara, and I think the answer is yes.) For me, nothing about it stood out, and I hated how hard it was to remove. I'm sticking with my Zoom Lash. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

Great mascara for holding the curl for my stubborn lashes. It does add a little volume. I only wear mascara to blend my lashes into my fake lashes and this does the job perfectly. The wand isn't that great and has a tendency to pick up a lot more product than needed. I have to scrap a lot of it off before I can apply or else it looks clumpy and heavy. Price is good compared to the only other product that kept my curl Shiseido Nourishing mascara base. I have no difficulty removing this with my L'oreal gentle eye and lip make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by RiceBom

Info: I have lashes that point straight down, fairly long but they are thin.
This is actually the only mascara I use as it's the only one that holds the curl for me. I've used it for about 1.5 years now and have 2 tubes that I alternate ( don't ask me why haha) The most important thing when using this is to make sure that there isn't too much product on the brush. I hated it until I brushed it off on the little cap when pulling it out and it's amazing. I purchased it for $16 at an asian makeup supply store in Canada. Depending on where you go, it may be higher.

Pros:
- Lengthens a good amount.
- Definitely volumizes.
- Brush shape allows you to reach inner and outer corners.
-Waterproof. It's passed the crying test and the rain test. Zero smudging, but I cried and dabbed with a tissue and it looses it's curl a bit.
-Has little fibers

Cons:
-I have quite oily lids/skin and I find after about 7+ hours, I find it to smudge a tad bit underneath, right in the outer corners. My lids annihilate every other mascara I've tried though so this is okay in my book.
- You will need a strong makeup remover. I use DHC's cleansing oil.

I use this for a fairly natural, pretty lash effect. I detest the spider leg effect and this does the job for me. Layering will make it look fuller but be sure to have a metal lash comb ready to work with any odd clumps. Another tip is to layer when it's still wet; layering while it's dry isn't the best