October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Lip Twins

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the packaging! So so beautiful! The quality of the lipstick is quite descent too. It feels so light and moisturising on. colour is beautiful. Whats not to love? YSL is still my HG lipstick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jjff

I fell for the novelty factor and brought Lip Twins as a souvenir from a recent trip to Paris. The packaging is charming, but the quality of the lipstick itself leaves much to be desired. I was hoping for a texture that would be creamier and easier to apply and wear. It's not so. I wish the lipstick had a lot more moisture and pigment. As a luxury product, the quality is unacceptable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by eeeliiif

i admired this product's look and bought it..
but packaging quality wasn't good enough, it has a mirror on it but it's useless.. also its brush isn't fine.
i like the shiny one but the satiny one isn't easy to wear with that brush. it's nice to have it, really really cute but not more than this..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Received this very peculiar lipstick as a present last summer.
I found it beautiful at first sight .. a golden cylinder, a mini-mirror on one side so that you can use when you apply the lippie (mind you: it’s useless, in the end as the mirror has the Yves Saint Laurent brand logo marked upon, an seen the size of such mirror, you barely see anything of your face!!).
Furthermore there is a sort of ring that stems out - impressive - with the YSL logo, a ring that is the ‘handle’ you use to pull out a mini brush, brush that you’ll use on your lips with the lipstick itself.
Well, this tricky thing has a twisting mechanism that allows you see and use one shade at a time, as it is composed by 2 rectangles filled with colour, one is matt the other being a shimmering gloss. The smell is nice, perhaps a bit too strong…. A vanilla like thing. Some may like it for me it was a bit too aggressive.
I had it in shade no. 7, Plum Harmony, which I found more suitable for winter… I mean the 2 colours were lovely… one lilac/violet gloss and a matt beige/plum lipstick. The quality was OK (although YSL Rouge Pure is better, to my opinion!!).

So far, OK… the worst is to come: it’s completely messy! The colour spreads all over the place due to the twisting device and you end up with a dirty tube a dirty brush, dirty fingers and a dirty mess all over.
A thing that I end to clean up with a kleenex each and every time I use it , well, it complicates my life, is NOT practical at all and it a WASTE of time!
Furthermore… the contents: it has half (kind 2.6grams in total) the content of a normal lippie, and you pay the price of a full size lippie (the classical 24 Euros for one tube) … to me is unfair! In fact the Lip Twins had a dip and was almost over after a coupe of weeks. I was disappointed!!!
It’s just a marketing item; I resolved. It’s a pity, because I will never repurchase that!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this in the make up bag the other day, just begging to be used and then reviewed! I absolutely love the color #3, which is a medium brown with a bright pink gloss. I wanted a very nude color, and a couple of them really washed me out, so I "settled" for this one. I have been rather pleased with this color! It still is a very nude color for me, yet it doesn't wash me out. I love the packaging of these colors, but the lip brush is a bit too teeny. My four year old is begging for the gloss when I am done with it, and the brush is perfect for her. Overall, I am pleased with the quality, and if I ever run out, I will repurchase!