December 19, 2014 | 1089 users online

Highlighters - Fyrinnae - Mineral Highlighter in Center Stage

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my medium skin with olive undertones, this highlighter provides a soft peachy sheen with no evident shimmer, sparkle, or glitter. If you've tried Fyrinnae's other highlighters, I suspect the finish is the same across all of them (although I only have personal experience with one other, In the Spotlight). The product is soft and easy to blend. On my dehydrated flaky skin, it also didn't have a drying effect or exacerbate the flakiness. I find it is more pigmented than I would ideally want but I think that increases its versatility and appeal across various skin tones.

Unfortunately I don't find this product is for me because the peachiness of the color brings out green in my skin tone in an unflattering way reminsicient of an oompa loompa's green hair and orange skin. Of course, the effect is not nearly as strong as that, but I find it does make me look a little nauseated.

Overall, this is a lovely product that provides the subtle glowy finish that I would want in a highlighter but the color just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ClariceD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Iím NW15, sensitive skin on the drier side of combination, do well with foundations that are beige with some pink rather than the other way round, and warm colours in makeup actually suit me better.

Center Stage looks a subdued peachy gold in the pot, true to Fyrianneís description (see thecharmís review below) and on me reads as a warm-toned champagne that meshes so incredibly with the tones in my skin that no colour is visible at all. The formula has a beautiful sheen but no shimmer and is minimal with three mineral ingredients (mica for sheen, titanium dioxide and iron oxides for pigment). I have extremely sensitive skin and this doesnít bother it, but know and avoid your own triggers.

This is a beautiful multi-purpose product for me. Itís a great eye-awakening shadow and inner corner highlight, most usually a gorgeous highlighter (again, no obvious shimmer or colour, just a gorgeous lit-from-within glow on the high points of the face emphasising them perfectly) and a luminous light-diffusing finishing powder worn over foundation and a light dusting of loose setting powder. I can't testify how flattering it would be for the latter purpose on oily skin or skin with larger pores, however.

The packaging is fairly standard for loose products from indie companies: a small pot with a sifter inside and a silver ring around the outside rim of the lid in a bid to make it more luxe. Itís perfectly functional but not at all a status item. The amount within lasts a long time, making it very economical.

Can you guess Iíd buy again? Certainly Ė it blows the other highlighters Iíve tried, low end to high end, out of the water. Iíll update if and when I fall out of love, but I doubt that will happen. Dare I say HG?

$6.50 for a full size (approx 4 grams), $1.50 for a sample, fyrinnae.com (ships internationally).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use highlighters, so I'm not using it for that purpose. I do, however, love this as an eyeshadow! It gives just this nice peachy glow to the lids to make you look more awake, fresh, and dewy. I think this would be a gorgeous highlighter, but my humongous pores simply won't allow it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Fyrinnae describes this as "Slightly shimmery (a soft sheen, no sparkle) translucent golden peach." To me, it's a peachy champagne. I'm NW5--white like Caspar--so this looks like it would be too dark in the container, but it's very subtle and blends out well, going well with blush. I think for anyone darker than NC or NW15 or so, it would be a proper highlighter and I could see someone with a deeper skintone using this as an all-over luminous powder. It's never over-the-top, just soft and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this. This gives me a healthy glow without any shimmer or glitter. Brightens up my skin, and even if I'm going through a bad day with breakouts, etc, this instantly takes away from all that and makes me look much better. Finely milled, no chunkiness going on, and easy to apply. And excellent value for money! I puchased the mini or sample size, so I'm going to purchase a full size next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is just awesome! Gives a beautiful, natural glow without any sparkle and without emphasizing crater pores, very important for people like me with crater pores! Looks dark and scary orange in the jar but is actually a gorgeous, very natural soft shade on. Gives a soft focus candlelit glow to the skin that makes it look flawless. I put it on expecting only to use it as highlighter on prominent places and loved the glowy, radiant effect so much I ended up using it all over as an all-over finishing/highlighting/dusting powder and it was very pretty that way, not too shimmery or unnatural at all nor over the top.