December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Super Shiney Natural Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by smdunn91

I bought a tube of this in 'Whisper.' I really like the color. The flavor/scent is okay, too. However, I hate tube lip gloss like this. I much prefer the kind that has the wand with the sponge tip. Application is a little difficult and messy. The lasting power isn't that fabulous Other than those two things, though, I love it and hope to buy other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by xInwex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this product. I have dry/peeling lips and I didn't think this product dried them out at all. And unlike make commenters here, I thought it lasted a decent amount of time. *shrugs* I mean, it's a natural lip gloss so I was pretty impressed with its staying power considering it doesn't have all that nasty junk in the ingredients.

I loved how sheer the colour was as well. Just enough shade to enhance my lips. The only downside would be the strong citrus smell when you first put it on. I find it fades pretty fast though. Will definately buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by makeup_puppet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Nectar Nude. I agree that there doesn't to have much colour, but i put it on top of my lip stick, so its good with lip stick but not on its own.
The gloss doesn't stay very long..maybe 15 mins..then its gone..i have to keep re-applying. But its good moisturising when its on.
It's pretty affordable for a lip gloss..so i will stick to it for a while:)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mascara78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

In short, this product is glossy, without even a hint of colour, for about 2 minutes, before actually drying the buggery out of my lips, to the point where I have flakes coming off! Nasty.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Pandora7

While it doesn't have staying power, I like this as it is shimmery, it is moisturising and in a pinch I can wear it if I forget my plain lip balm. The colours are gorgeous and not mineral oil greasy or slimy feeling. I've tossed pretty tube gloss if I hate how it feels. Added bonus, the glitter bits in this don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips. Other glitter gloss has in the past left me chapped, irritated or worse - with corner of the mouth zits.

Also it doesn't go on too slippery or sticky

I'd buy this again and recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Jesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in a soft baby pink shimmery colour.

I don't use it much, it has citrus flavour.. Citrus is known to make the skin sensitive to light.. and the gloss makes my lips feel dry even when covered in goop.

It does have a nice consistency for a natural gloss.. but it's very sheer.
Maybe I'm being hard on it because of the whole citrus thing.

I do like the colour.. but for more of a colour, Terra Tints Lipbalm/Gloss in Bloom is a more pigmented natural baby pink shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in juicy peach and i adore it!! Its so shimmery and shiny, but in a natural way (if that makes sense...) Its sheer when put on lips, but still has a hint of color. This is nice because the Burts Bees lip shimmers (the sticks) are darker when applied. I like to put this over the shimmers and it looks soooo natural but sooooo pretty. There is a light scent to them, but I can't understanding everyone being surprised, since the ingredients are natural, and therefore are bound to smell. I really like it, but then some people might not, it just depends on taste. It is a bit thick, but i don't mind. It has virtually no taste to it and its very moisturizing. I have extremely extremely dry lips, and although this doesn't make my lips amazingly soft, it does help when other glosses make my lips MORE dry. It doesn't last very long though, i think it gets absorbed into your skin a bit... anyway, overall, a great product, and i will be buying every color they have :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

I love that this product is natural and does not test on animals. That's the reason I purchased it! However, I ended up being extremely disappointed from the very first use.

I purchased the natural shade because I wanted just a hint of color without the gloss being completely clear, but I see absolutely no nude tint when I apply the gloss. The first thing I noticed was the grapefruit smell and taste. It's not terribly strong, but it was definitely a surprise. The next thing I noticed was that my lips did not feel glossy at all. In fact, I had to look in the mirror just to make sure it looked like I had anything on! There is a very, very subtle glow from this gloss that I only see in direct light. Otherwise, it looks like I just put a clear lipbalm on. Very strange considering this is advertised as a gloss!

The worst thing about this product is that not only does it not apply glossy, but it actually dries out my lips after about five minutes before completely disappearing. What a waste... I will use what's left of what I have because I do enjoy the grapefruit scent, but I will never repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got mine in Sweet Pink and I love love love it just like the rest of my Burt's Bees products!! This is one of my favorite, day glosses cause it's not sticky and gives you a more natural, dew-kissed shine. Again, it really treats my dry lips and leaves them supple. I wear this on it's own or over my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Papaya. Highly recommend! ;-)

xoxoxoxo
luv,
Mad Madam Jess

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by metalrocker2020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dried my lips out so bad! It was a wasted 7 bucks. At first I thought I was alone and my lips were weird but I got on here and see that I'm not.