October 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Crème - Merle Norman - Smart Finish

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by LaRox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

in the beginning when I received this foundation I thought it was awesome then I saw my face in the light and it completely looked like I was wearing a mask I have pretty good skin so there's really no need to cover It this stuff is so thick and heavy almost for like a performer or maybe for someone on dancing with the stars who is under very heavy lights and does not want to look washed out a person that I would recommend this to would be maybe a performer who is up on stage that is going to be on camera .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Suzie209

This gives such a great coverage. I have dark spots from acne and this covers it beautifully! I use my MN Primer and my MN Smart Finish foundation every day. It's quick and easy. I have a toddler so I have to be quick! My only complaint is that each one that I've bought has had broken hinges within a few weeks. Since I don't have to reapply its not a problem. Thankfully the primer really helps keep this on all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by chedda1991

This was the very first non drugstore foundation i ever bought. I have a bit of acne, but nothing too serious and this product covers most of my imperfections (unless its a abnormally large pimple LOL) and it stays put all day. I use it over the merle norman primer. One thing i was upset about was the packaging. When i purchased it, it had a crack in the back where the hinges are, and the lady said its nothing. about a week later, the WHOLE compact fell apart off of the hinges. the lady offered me a different one but I had moved and didnt feel like turning mine in for a new one. i just have to leave it laying flat in my drawer at all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

Wow, this foundation is so deliciously creamy and beautiful but unfortunately I just read the ingredients and one of the top ones is Isopropyl Isostearate which is a fatty acid that is EXTREMELY acnegenic.
I just used this foundation once and I hope my acne-prone skin won't break out after the 3-4 hours that I had this on.
Bummer, because I loved the finish of this -- so I would totally recommend to those who are not acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Wallpaper

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation when I need something heavier than my usual tinted moisturizer (Neutrogenia) The only problem is that if you use it everyday, it is easy to run through it really fast. I had to cut back on daily usage, because of the price. But overall, a great medium coverage foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I just bought this compact a week ago and I've been using it everyday since. It feels soft on my skin when I applied it, and the coverage is about medium to full, I still need to apply concealear after to some spots, but it looks nice and natural, the color doesn't turn orange or seem to oxidize on me, I don't think that this last very long, so I need to touch up after maybe 4 hours or so, but I always touch up even when I'm using other foundations, so maybe it's just me. I got the color "natural" and it seem to look natural on me, I wear nc 27 in studio tech by the way. I like the compact, it have a separate compartment for the sponge and a large mirror. I hope that this compact would last longer than the studio tech that I've used to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by krisgauntt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Merle Norman makeup since I was 16 (I am 36). I love it! It provides great coverage and it doesn't cause my skin to break out (which is a huge thing). I have tried other makeup (Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bare Escentuals, etc.) thinking that maybe since I've been using the same foundation for so long, there would be something better on the market. I have not found anything better than Merle Norman! I actually use their Luxiva HC-12 foundation. It's a creme foundation-pretty thick, but provides excellent coverage and leaves the skin looking "quenched" like after you get an oxygen peel or spa facial. I hope that if you try this make-up you really like it. It's been wonderful for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by KismetRN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dry, mature skin needed some extra coverage, so off I was to find my perfect foundation. One of my co-workers recommended this to me, so I gave it a go. So far, I like it! Even though my skin is dry, with the Daily Moisturizer from MN under the foundation, my skin is soft, supple and natural looking. I use a light hand, stipple extra where I need more coverage and the natural look stays all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly1225

I absolutely love this makeup!!!! I have tried so many different types and brands of makeups over the years....In search of the best makeup for me. I have oily/combo skin that is prone to breakout. I have moderate sized pores and some blackheads. I have always had trouble keeping makeup on my nose and chin area, due to my oily skin.
I tried mineral makeups, etc and nothing has stayed on my face. This stuff really works and looks great all day. It is made for oily skin and has great coverage. I love it! Plus, it doesn't break my face out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Murphysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It is so fast and easy to apply and it looks very pretty and natural as long as I use a light touch.