August 29, 2014 | 1673 users online

Eye Shadow - Kevyn Aucoin - The Essential Eye Shadow Set - Palette 6

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this e/s palette since the summer and it is hands down the most beautiful combination of shadows I've ever tried. I love greens and these shades are cool-toned (rather than olive or yellow-based) which are hard to come by in my experience. As others have noted, there is a pale seafoam blue/green which is a great base color and a medium shimmery jade with a tiny hint of gray that I use on my lids. The black is a true matte black, which I use wet as a liner and dry as a crease shade. There is also a shimmery white highlighter and finally a midnight shimmery eggplant, which was the only color that gave me pause. I tend not to like purples on my blue eyes and thought that purple and black would make me look bruised, but this is a fantastic accent shade that I use on the outer corner of my lids and it really adds alot of depth and dimension to the other shades. The staying power of these shadows are nothing short of awesome and they held up really well in the humidity. They cling nicely to the lids and don't flake like alot of shadows. The texture has that same silky, sugary texture of Dior's shadows right down to the soft shimmer that is flattering without being glittery or frosted and they blend very well together. The price is the same as Dior, which is probably not a selling point, but after five months, I'm still not bored with them and I have yet hit pan on any of the shades. Another winner from KA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I have a few KA Palettes, and honestly, this is the prettiest he's come up with! It's incredibly gorgeous, well pigmented, high quality shadows that just apply and blend beautifully!!

This palette has a pale icy green, a shimmery white, a medium aqua based green, a stunning deep lilac/plum, and a stark matte black. This shadows glide on with amazing color payoff and look incredible to light up my brown eyes. There's so many eye combo's you can create with this. Absolute gorgeous-ness!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i wanted this e/s palette for over a year and finally bought it. love it. very long lasting. the colors are unusual..frosty pale teals, purple, black...the looks one may create with this are myriad. i would say this is a cool palette, definitely better for those with blue/pink skin undertones. the most impressive part of the KA line is the way it lasts and lasts and lasts on the skin. there are three e/s lines that i feel are tops, and this is one of them. the quality and color pay off are excellent. the application is smooth and buildable. great palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by leia143x

I love Kevyn's line....but I especially love the e/s palettes. I checked the reviews here on MUA before I made my purchase- and I am so glad I did. These e/s blend beautifully and the color payoff is grand. Don't let the pictures fool you online because these colors are actually more pigmented than you think. This palette makes my brown eyes pop. I have #4, #5, and #6- waiting to get #1 and I feel my quest for the perfect e/s is complete!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by susmey

I already own Kevyn's Essential Eye Shadow Set #1 and #2 and love them. Regarding #6 I was kind of skeptically when having a look at the colors (very different from what I usually wear) but the assistant at Henri Bendel persuaded me to try it. I have brown eyes and can't express how surprised I was when l looked in the mirror. These colors really bring out my eyes! I love them! Quality is - like Kevyn's other Eye Shadow Sets excellent. They are very easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my second Essential Eye Shadow Palette from Kevyn's collection and it's divine!!!!! The other one I already have is #4 (it's more neutral, but also versatile and lovely... I reviewed that one as well). This #6 set contains five shadows: celadon green, an icy pale seafoam, (almost white green), a medium green (bluer than yellow), an intense, deep metallic purple (that doesn't look like a bruise) and semi-matte black. Smooth, silky, not too shimmery, amazingly flattering shadows that work really well together in varying combinations for my hazel eyes. The palette is small, lightweight and flat....perfect for travel and purse touch ups. If you have brown or hazel eyes and/or if you just happen to love mixing up interesting shades of green, check this one out...it's glamorous and gorgeous!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No