October 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Skincare - Body - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Bonn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing Grace is my everyday fragrance, and I love this body butter. In the summer, the lotion is sufficient but in the winter time, my skin gets so dry that it's even flaky sometimes. This stuff is rich, creamy and smells incredible. Awesome for layering with the body wash and perfume for a lasting scent that's not so in-your-face. I hate when I walk in a room and everyone gets hit in the face with my perfume, I prefer a fragrance that you have to get really close to smell, and this is it. Sometimes I just use the body butter without the perfume and it still lasts forever.
I know some people complain that it's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It smells great, moisturizes beautifully, doesn't break me out and a little goes a long way so to me it's worth every penny. A pea-sized dot of this body butter does what a gallon of drugstore lotion does.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AngelsdoExist

GREAT smells great, feels great and you can get this discounted when its on sale or maybe even discounted online

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by kimbuyah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Unable to get a swap so finally purchased this. It does not have the great Amazing Grace scent as the 3 in 1 and Emulsion and hardly smells of anything more than unscented lotion. Pretty moisturizing but unscented shouldn't cost $28 for 5 oz. Good thing I didn't get it in a swap. Now I'll need the oil to stink this up a bit. Disappointment only gives it 2 lippies. Philosophy is lotion better stink perty for $28!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Either I got a bad batch or there just isn't a HINT of Amazing Grace in these tubs! Mine was PUTRID - BUT - I kept it anyway because of the way it smooths my skin. It DOES the job it's supposed to but I wish it had the Amazing Grace scent I know I love. I opened this just KNOWING I would be overwhelmed with my favorite scent and instead I got something that smells like FEET! But, that goes away the second I dowse myself with the AG Spritz and then layer that with the parfum and I'm good to go. Again, great for the body because it keeps my skin really smooth and soft, but HORRID scent-wise!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with the Amazing Grace fragrance. I have the shower gel, body emulsion, conditioner, scrub, fragrance, hand cream, and now the body butter. My skin is horribly dry in the cold weather months and the body emulsion just wasn't doing the job. There were a million other lotions I could try, but I didn't want to give up this fragrance! The body butter is no disappointment. It's thick going on, and even might feel a little greasy at first, but it dries down quickly. I usually put it on before bed and by morning my skin is SO soft and still smells great.

Basically, if you're looking for the AG lotion but something a bit more moisturizing than the emulsion, this is your product. I took away one star because I do think it's a bit expensive for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by 13Villa12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the texture of this stuff. I use it on my feet before crawling into bed each
night. Makes the sheets smell yummy! I find that it is a great conditioner and
moisturizer for cuticles also, so I rub the left overs on my cuticles. Stopped
hangnails and keeps my heels soft and good looking for flip-flop weather.
The fragrance is soothing and I go to sleep smelling this lovely scent.
It is pricey, hence the 4 lippies instead of 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I am a fan of the Amazing Grace scent anyways and this is just another way to layer all of my AG products so that the scent lasts all day. This is good for dry skin anytime, but I love putting it on just out of the shower. The texture if this is much more dense than most body butters, but I feel like you get more bang for your buck that way. I am running low on this at the moment so I need to repurchase because this stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by KristinaMMc

I love the consistency of the body butter...very nourishing and thick enough to hydrate really well but at the same time neither sticky or heavy.

As for the fragrance, I have to say I'm unimpressed. I don't hate it, I was just expecting to be captivated by it and love it after all the hype. It was...non-descript and smelled like mass market body lotion. I understand this is meant to be a subtle fragrance, which is what I want. I don't want to pay $30 for no fragrance at all (until what I what is indeed fragrance-free.)

Disappointing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love.

Received this as a free sample from Sephora. I dislike overly scented products and I find this one to have an ideal amount of fragrance. It's not too sweet, nor too citrus, nor too floral.

Philosophy brand shares my desire for low impact packaging. I really appreciate the single container without a bunch of boxes, instruction sheets, cardstock ads, within more boxes and plastics, etc. Unfortunately, Philosophy doesn't fulfill my desire for dirt cheap prices--oh well. I guess this will have to be a luxury item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by brookester1039

I love the Amazing Grace scent, and this is a good representation of it. The body butter goes on incredibly smoothly, and gives your skin that almost rubbery feeling that some lotions give...not greasy or stickey, but a smooth, instantly moisturized feel. The scent lasts a good 4-5 hours, too. Definitely would buy again for myself and for gifts! Only took some "points" off because of the price--I have the 8 oz jar (not the tube that they're selling now) and it was 45 dollars! But it has lasted forever, so it might be worth it. It's just not a budget buy :)