November 28, 2014 | 1975 users online

Sunscreen - Megan Gale - Invisible Zinc

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by liss29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin which hasn't been sensitive before, but when I tried this sunscreen I got an intense pimply rash all over my face and neck where it was applied. It was horrendous. I had to go to the doctor for prescription cortisone cream and it took a week to clear up.

I have tried many different products, including sunscreens, over the years and this is the only one which I have had a terrible reaction to.

I recommend spot testing this sunscreen before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Lokibear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous product. The only thing is you dot want to wear it if youre looking for a matte skin look. It will leave your skin almost so dewy its wet, so I think you need to have pretty nice skin to start with. Minimal cover, but what it does do it does beautifully. Its like healthier skin in a tube, evens tone, protects from sun, makes you look warm and good and glowy. Pair it with a bit of becca skin perfector and a cream blush and youll look great at a bbq or the beach...but dont put on your winter tone MAC studio fix over the top. You'll look like a piebald weirdo in daylight. Learned that the hard way.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an ok sunscreen. It wasn't really invisible at all. It had a noticable white hue - more so than other zinc ss that I've tried. It felt and looked greasy. It kind of sunk into the skin but not really- it still had that greasy film on my face. I broke out but only a little. This was expensive for what it was but better than some of the other products I've tried and not as good as others...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear this product everyday under my MUFE HD foundation.

Pros:
- Moisturising
- Good colour and coverage
- No chemical sunscreen
- No parabens, synthetics, not tested on animals
- Protects from the harsh australian sun without needing re-application
- Acts as a primer

Cons:
- Feels heavy and thick on the skin.
- Greasy if you don't use setting powder.

If you can get used to the way it feels on, I think its a fantastic product. I have normal to dry skin and I put my MUFE HD over the top and then set with MAC prep and prime powder and it stays all day. I have to use the powder, otherwise it looks greasy. On weekends I use it with no foundation on top, just powder and it looks like a tinted moisturiser. Overall a great product for people in living in high UV environments.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaDiva

I initially purchased the Brush on Tinted Daywear in Light. I didn't like the brush applicator and used my fingers to blend it. The texture was fine, yes it could be considered to be a bit heavy but that doesn't concern me. The colour was too light for my skin though. I then purchased the Tinted Daywear in a tube, in the regular shade which was much better suited to my skin tone. I also prefer the tube to the brush. Sometimes I set it with a little powder if I don't want the slightly sticky feeling it has. It wears well but you have to be careful as it will stain fabrics. My only complaint is that it is a little costly when you are using it everyday when you compare it to other tinted sunscreens, but then again, it is special zinc formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by angela_cheung11

A great 3in1 product. It moisturises, protects me from the sun, a sheer tint, what more could i want? Yes it's thick and it sits on the surface of my skin, but it was expected because it's zinc and i know it's protecting me from the harmful UV rays in Australia. It feels abit oily and greasy on my skin but I soon got used to it. I have this in the medium shade and i love the colour!
Overall, a fantastic product. It's affordable, and i've even stocked up with 2 more! A must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Lara_L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this stuff! The colour is gorgeous and natural and it makes the skin so glowy- perfect for summer. I also think that its improved my skins condition, maybe the zinc in it stops pimples and also makes the skin super soft. The one prob, and I'm not sure if its because my tube of it was left in the cupboard, unused for ages, but the texture is funny, kind of hard. Because its the only one I've ever purchased, I'm not sure if they all are like that, or if mine has just gone a bit dodgy. Anyway, I'm still giving it five lipsticks and I will continue using it for as long as they make it!

UPDATE: It looks like the first tube purchased was a bad batch. I have since purchased another tube and the consistency is fantastic: its light and feels like a beautiful TM. Its very easy to blend and the coverage is sheer. So I award it five out of five lipsticks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in the medium tinted daywear and the untinted face & body sunscreen. The medium tinted daywear looks scarily dark, but it blends out and I'm thankful for the tint because even though it's not as opaque as regular zinc, it still leaves a slightly pale cast to my face and makes me look like I'm wearing heavy makeup. The untinted face & body sunscreen (which I only use on my face as it's too thick for body application) makes makes me look even paler.

Both products apply quite thickly initially but blend out a bit better although you really do have to spread it a bit. Once they dry, they're less greasy than some other sunscreens on the market although still greasy. Both feel thick on my skin and I'm aware of them sitting on my face like a thick second layer, but it's also for this reason that I know that they're protecting me. Unfortunately, due to their thickness, they also make me break out a little, and when I wash them off, my regular cleanser just doesn't cut it - I have to exfoliate to make sure they come off properly. Both melt on my face during warm weather despite powdering. The price is quite good for the quality, but they're just too thick and heavy. A similar product for a better price is Natural Instinct's SPF30+ mineral sunscreen, which I also think is less thick.