July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

I'm currently struggling with bad skin with loads of red marks and dry patches, as well as scars in the process of healing, a complete mess.

Been trying liquid foundation applied with fingertips and all it does is highlight the imperfections and leave a cakey flakey mess behind.

I like this powder because it's buildable and it doesn't cling to the bad skin. It's perfect for oily shiny skin, although it wouldn't work on its own. I used it as a second layer of foundation/concealer on top of a light coat of BB cream (Dr Jarts Regenerating) and it worked out pretty well. It's not on sale in the shops anymore in the UK, and I had it stashed away (actually I bought two a couple of years ago). I only have one at hand and quite worried I misplaced the other one, but no matter, it's still on sale on eBay, so I think I'll be repurchasing just in case. I'm not sure if Revlon also does a Mineral Colorstay concealer but it would be brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

If anyone out there should be looking for a replacement for this discontinued product, I have found Annabelle CC Colour Control Pressed Powder to be almost the same. Unfortunately it's only available in Canada. I searched religiously to find a replacement by studying ingredients, and its taken around 2 years to get it. The ingredients are very similar, as is the product, except Annabelles is obviously pressed. It's very light but smooths out pores and virtually undetectable when on :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Worst packaging ever makes rating the actual product difficult. To get product out you have to shake it around and then a little comes out and you have to use the automatic brush with it which is small and scratch. Its convenient for travel and actual product isnt horrible, but the packaging is just bad. Some people here mentioned decanting it, but i do not know how. When i do use this which is rare, i use it lightly for setting and its not bad for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

First off, the packaging is absolutely horrible! The way they've made the bottle means that you pretty much have you use the brush they include, unless you decant it (like I did). The well is super small, so it's hard to get a decently big brush into it, and the product doesn't come out unless you turn it upside down and really shake. It wouldn't be a huge deal, except that the brush they include in the lid is horrible. Scratchy and rather small, not good for foundation at all. The twisty motion doesn't bring up much product, either, so you do have to do the shaking thing again.

The product itself is just okay. Matte finish, no sparkles, decent coverage. Not very long lasting, and with my oily face, it tends to go patchy at the end of the day--that is, if it's still on my face. Overall, not worth the money, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this product at all because you have to use TONS to get even a small amount of coverage, and then it's extremely light coverage. Not worth it. What's the point if this product doesn't do anything? Try some of the other Revlon foundations. I returned it and won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this stuff was horribly gluggy and a very poor coverage makeup. and the choice of shades wasnt good either, there was no colour suitable for very fair skin..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ForTheMemories

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have red acne scars on my cheeks as well as white scars that are slightly indented on my forehead from a car accident. This product seemed to amplify the redness of my acne scars and fill in and amplify the scars on my forhead. I do not recommend this product for people with scars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by gracep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe the bad reviews of this product. I've been using it for like 4-5 years and I love it so much. I'm REALLY hoping it hasn't been discontinued as some people have suggested on here, because I am going to be in a whole lot of trouble if it has been. At the moment I already have 3 jars or something, but it's so good. Reviewers mostly have the same problems: cakiness, difficulty applying, and the like. I'll share what I do because I get compliments on my makeup and also because when I first got the product, it took experimentation for me.

1) Mix some of the product with a bit of moisturiser. I use oil-free sensitive stuff, but any that suits your skin would probably work (when I first started using this foundation, I put the moisturiser without any power in it on the skin and then brushed the powder on. Don't do that, because doing it this way works better)

2) Dab your brush into the mixture of moisturiser with foundation (don't use the brush provided--I used to do that and it's too small and short to work well. Use a large blush brush, a kabuki brush, or the great airbrush brush by Physicians Formula) and spread the product over your face (also your neck if you want/need to)

3) Rub the product in with the brush, and when that's been done and it's absorbed into the skin, either rub the brush dry with a towel or get another brush. Pour a little bit of powder on a piece of paper and dab the brush in that, then tap it off. Go over your face to build the coverage as much as you need.

4) Apply the rest of your makeup (don't worry--I don't use waterproof mascara and the next step doesn't make it run or smudge)

5) With your hair covered with a towel, hold a can of spray water (I use Avene. Evian also makes one, and a few years ago I also found a spray bottle of water worked) as far away as possible and evenly mist your face. Allow it to dry.

No cakey makeup, no crappy application! It works every time for me. The downside to this product is that it has bismuth, which I've heard is not good for you. I don't really know much about that, and this has been a pretty important product for me, so for now, I'm just going to ignore that. Also, be careful with traveling if you don't keep the plug that comes with the product, because if the lid slips off (and I'm pretty sure it has for me before), you will have a huge mess on your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't find this anymore :( All I see now is the Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup, which does not work for me!

This didn't cover EVERYTHING...but gave good enough coverage for me, and looked very natural :) It's pink undertoned, but blended so well! I have yellow/olive undertones and this still worked for me. Breakouts weren't a problem w/ this, and it really controlled my oily skin :) This lasted a very long time, I didn't have to reapply! A little really goes a long way too...the price is kind of high imo, but not a lot of powder is needed so it lasts for a good while!

The only things I didn't like were that it's pink undertoned. It does blend well...but I can't put on as much, or else the color will be too off. The brush isn't useful, & I didn't love the packaging. Still a great foundation though!

I would for sure by this again! If I could find it again...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice light/medium coverage mineral foundation. I don't have particularly troublesome skin, so the coverage is perfect for me. I use it everyday to set my concealer and buff into my t-zone. If I feel like the extra effort I apply over my cheeks as well, and it does a good job at neutralizing any slight unevenness without looking like I'm even wearing makeup.
If I wear foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte), I use this over the top as a setting powder: it not only sets the foundation, but provides just an extra layer of coverage and really does make my skin look flawless WITHOUT looking cakey at all.

The only con, as others have mentioned, (and yes, it is big enough that I've taken a lippy off my rating) is the packaging. The brush is way too small to be functional, not particularly soft, and sheds. I still use it when I don't have anything else, but it's not ideal. My lid cracked a while ago(I don't know why - I haven't dropped it or anything) and so I have to be very careful when screwing it shut, so that's also annoying.

I'm probably not going to repurchase (have a feeling it's being discontinued anyway), but that doesn't mean I don't like this foundation - I do!