October 25, 2014 | 1566 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

The shade I got was a perfect match for my skin. The packaging is horrible, having the brush there is quite unhygienic, what if I want to use another brush? They could have made the brush detachable to the lid. The brush seems to product too much friction on my skin when applying the powder. It only has a sheer and minimal coverage but it gives my skin this dewy yet not-so-oily appeal. You have to shake this too much to get the powder you wanted. After using it, it seems we need to throw it away which isn't nice because they could have made a refill to lessen the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Robstersgirl

I use this as a finishing powder, it works really well but I wouldn't use it alone as it doesn't provide much coverage.
The brush it comes with is horrible, really scratchy and the hairs come off.
The problem is that it's hard to use with an alternative brush.
Love the product, hate the dispensing of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The foundation coverage was ok and it didn't last must.
My problem was getting the product out of the bottle! The brush seems like a good idea, but it was so rough that it ended up scratching my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

I'm currently struggling with bad skin with loads of red marks and dry patches, as well as scars in the process of healing, a complete mess.

Been trying liquid foundation applied with fingertips and all it does is highlight the imperfections and leave a cakey flakey mess behind.

I like this powder because it's buildable and it doesn't cling to the bad skin. It's perfect for oily shiny skin, although it wouldn't work on its own. I used it as a second layer of foundation/concealer on top of a light coat of BB cream (Dr Jarts Regenerating) and it worked out pretty well. It's not on sale in the shops anymore in the UK, and I had it stashed away (actually I bought two a couple of years ago). I only have one at hand and quite worried I misplaced the other one, but no matter, it's still on sale on eBay, so I think I'll be repurchasing just in case. I'm not sure if Revlon also does a Mineral Colorstay concealer but it would be brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

If anyone out there should be looking for a replacement for this discontinued product, I have found Annabelle CC Colour Control Pressed Powder to be almost the same. Unfortunately it's only available in Canada. I searched religiously to find a replacement by studying ingredients, and its taken around 2 years to get it. The ingredients are very similar, as is the product, except Annabelles is obviously pressed. It's very light but smooths out pores and virtually undetectable when on :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Worst packaging ever makes rating the actual product difficult. To get product out you have to shake it around and then a little comes out and you have to use the automatic brush with it which is small and scratch. Its convenient for travel and actual product isnt horrible, but the packaging is just bad. Some people here mentioned decanting it, but i do not know how. When i do use this which is rare, i use it lightly for setting and its not bad for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

First off, the packaging is absolutely horrible! The way they've made the bottle means that you pretty much have you use the brush they include, unless you decant it (like I did). The well is super small, so it's hard to get a decently big brush into it, and the product doesn't come out unless you turn it upside down and really shake. It wouldn't be a huge deal, except that the brush they include in the lid is horrible. Scratchy and rather small, not good for foundation at all. The twisty motion doesn't bring up much product, either, so you do have to do the shaking thing again.

The product itself is just okay. Matte finish, no sparkles, decent coverage. Not very long lasting, and with my oily face, it tends to go patchy at the end of the day--that is, if it's still on my face. Overall, not worth the money, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this product at all because you have to use TONS to get even a small amount of coverage, and then it's extremely light coverage. Not worth it. What's the point if this product doesn't do anything? Try some of the other Revlon foundations. I returned it and won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this stuff was horribly gluggy and a very poor coverage makeup. and the choice of shades wasnt good either, there was no colour suitable for very fair skin..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ForTheMemories

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have red acne scars on my cheeks as well as white scars that are slightly indented on my forehead from a car accident. This product seemed to amplify the redness of my acne scars and fill in and amplify the scars on my forhead. I do not recommend this product for people with scars.