September 19, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lip Treatments - Polysporin daily care lipbalm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by shortyjdm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this lipbalm. I purchased a 4 pack at costco that came with 2 daily ones and 2 with spf. I haven't tried the spf one, but this is my new HG lipbalm!!! My boyfriend also LOVES this lipbalm too. It does have a minty smell to it as others have said, but when your lips are peeling and dry, it feels nice and soothing. I used to love Softlips Sparkle Mint before they changed their packaging and stopped making it and this is a very comparable replacement.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Daily Lip Care in the orange tube. My main issue with it is the product contains too much peppermint. My lips were burning from it, I could smell it under my nose, some got in my mouth and I could feel the tingle in there. Just way too over powering. Who wants to walk around having their world smell like mint all the time?? I'll be returning it and trying the one in the red box.

Edit June 30: I repurchased this in the red box. It has an over powering smell of ...I dunno...Cinnamon? I can't stand it. Gifted it to my dad. He's happy. I'm sticking with Chapstick in Moisturizing. It's an oldie but a goodie.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by epidemic

This is my HG lip balm! My boyfriend is actually the one who turned me on to this...and am I ever glad that he did! The harsh Alberta winters really wreak havoc on my lips...and although the smell isn't the best (somewhat medicinal), this balm is the only thing that can transform my dry and cracked lips into soft and supple lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

This is for the lip balm that is in the little pot - I got this because my lips were very sore, cracked and almost bleeding from the winter weather (and being outside a lot taking care of the horses). My lip balm that I was using was working but not like what I needed so I went out on a whim and bought this. The packaging isn't fancy or anything but this stuff works wonders!! I've had it for 2 days - the first day I repeatedly put it on and yesterday I put it on only a couple of times and today my lips are smoother than they ever have been. I would definitley recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm using this because it's wintertime and I need something "hearty". I consider this to be a good old fashioned type of balm because it does the job without any bells or whistles. I have the one in the pot which I don't mind. It's thick and heavy with a eucalyptus smell. I even use this under my lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is very soothing and conditioning. It has a great minty cooling sensation. It keeps my lips conditioned for a good 4-5hrs before I feel like I need to reapply, even thought I probably don't need too, I just like my lips to be real moist. It is the best lipbalm I have tried thus far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This review is for the one in the pot. I bought this from Shopper's Drug Mart for about $6.00, which I was pretty pissed off about. Seriously? six bucks for lip balm? However, it's winter and my lips were so disgusting; cracked, dry and flakey. I just bought a new lipstick and needed to fix my lips quick so I wouldn't look gross in it. So I thought, Polysporin helps repair right? So I bought it, and when I got home, I first exfoliated my lips with some St. Ives Apricot Scrub so that I could get all the dead skin off. Then I just kept applying the Polysporin lip balm over and over that day. That night, I applied a lot of it and went to bed and woke up with the softest lips! I used to have to wear lip balm constantly but now I don't have to because this product completely repaired my lips and now they feel smooth even without lip balm. My lipstick glides on so smoothly and doesn't settle in the cracks of my lips anymore. This is definitely worth the six bucks I paid. It will last me a long time because I won't be using it all the time and it repairs my lips so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by seniorita

I LOVE THIS!!! In the winter especially, my lips get really chapped and peels..so nasty. And I usually put on whichever lipbalm that is within reach..I have so many as staples...Rosebud salve, chapstick, Kiehls, burts bees, carmax...and then I have many other random ones i've picked up along the way.. Anyway, no matter which one I put on, I'd have temporary relief but this polysporin one is the only thing that has kept dry peeling chapped lips away for more than 15mins!! Infact, I've found that I don't really feel the need to put ANY lip stuff during the day anymore!!! When I first got the stuff, it says on its directions to apply a maximum of 4 times a day...I thought, 'yeah right'...But yeah, you don't really need to put it on more than that! Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I tried both lip chaps, the stick form, and the stronger more herbal scented pot form.

I had a horrible rash on my lips 6 weeks ago and swelling on my lips. I noticed the natural line around my lips feathered out into a rash around my mouth have you ever seen (kids red mouths after they bite on their lips? That’s what mine ‘looked’ like). This reaction was due to the weather change from summer, to very cold autumn. My lips do not take well to weather change, and they chap very easily. I became desperate top allay the problem, so I went and bought both polysporin lip products from my local drug store. They are so cheap, and polysporin has never failed me when I had a cut, so why not try it on my lips?

For the Lip chap stick, I love it for when I am on the go and need a quick boost of moisture while I am at school or work. Like the first reviewer said, this stuff has an interesting texture that even exfoliates your lips. However it softens very easily when it comes into contact with body heat, so be careful when applying.

The polisporin lip treatment that comes in a pot is extra strong. I use it at night before I go to sleep and I wake up with incredibly soft smooth lips. It does have a funny herbal mint scent to it, but I adjusted to it because the results outshine the bad smell.

I am so happy with this product, my HG in lip chaps, it cleared up my unusually bad lip rash in 5 days and I haven’t had any problems since.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the SPF 30 Polysporin lip balm.

The product offers decent moisture and wears well under lipstick but I am not crazy about the oxybenzone content. It also tastes something awful if you accidentally lick your lips. Unfortunately this lip balm also seems to offer the best sun protection in its price class, hence, I will probably repurchase unless I find something else that offers decent UVB/UVA protection and is in the $5 d/s range.